SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yea JG..hubby worked but we didn't claim it wasn't worth it..until we discovered that is the reason we didn't get his rebate :) but it's all good..still got the $1000 for him when we filed joint.

Yaads..we didn't wait purposely..it was just the way things fell into place and u know everything happens for a reason..no AOS, ROC nothing ..10 yr greencard he can naturalize in 3yrs

Kimmy I think he could have or still can file. Dang I forgot what the cut off dates were. But if you didn't file on time you were supposed to still get it up until a certain cut off. Google it and find out.

yea we can amend out return..but to tell u the truth i am in no mood for the hassel

If you do your own taxes it is not that big of a hassle unless you made a mistake! LOL don't ask me how I know :devil::lol: I have had to amend 2 returns to date. LOL hopefully I will never have to amend again.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
From what I have read about LOC interviews - the majority of them are just picked at random to keep up the whole quality assurance factor and they don't do much in way of grilling you. Now if they suspect you of fraud well then you could be in for a major hard time. Remember talks of the Stokes interview? Similar to that...separate rooms, videotaped, numerous questions...many times really personal. Rare but it does happen.

See I hear about those Stokes things, but since I know that we are not fraud I dont even think about them. I figure even if they do ask me those questions its easy for me to answer cause its just second nature to know the answer. I think people get nervous at interviews cause they dont really know their SO too well yet, or they just got caught up in all the visa hype and stuff. To me the questions i hear asked are like elementry simple. I dont get what the fuss is all about. I do hear people being asked about there sex life and I am sorry, but I'd have to not answer that and get a supervisor and congress involved, cause some things are NOT standard practice and those people are being taken advantage of. People relly need to read up on their rights as US citizens in this process.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Yea JG..hubby worked but we didn't claim it wasn't worth it..until we discovered that is the reason we didn't get his rebate :) but it's all good..still got the $1000 for him when we filed joint.

Yaads..we didn't wait purposely..it was just the way things fell into place and u know everything happens for a reason..no AOS, ROC nothing ..10 yr greencard he can naturalize in 3yrs

In hindsight I wish we would have gotten married in JA and done either the CR or IR visas. I had already lived in JA for 5 months at that point. I should have just stayed and come back when we were ready to file. I would have loved to stay down there for longer and all that good stuff. At that point K1 was all I was really familiar with and the K3 seemed hard and stressful. Too bad info wasn't more readily available and I hadn't found VJ at that time.

You coulda even done DCF. Jamaica does allow that too.

Timeline
From what I have read about LOC interviews - the majority of them are just picked at random to keep up the whole quality assurance factor and they don't do much in way of grilling you. Now if they suspect you of fraud well then you could be in for a major hard time. Remember talks of the Stokes interview? Similar to that...separate rooms, videotaped, numerous questions...many times really personal. Rare but it does happen.

See I hear about those Stokes things, but since I know that we are not fraud I dont even think about them. I figure even if they do ask me those questions its easy for me to answer cause its just second nature to know the answer. I think people get nervous at interviews cause they dont really know their SO too well yet, or they just got caught up in all the visa hype and stuff. To me the questions i hear asked are like elementry simple. I dont get what the fuss is all about. I do hear people being asked about there sex life and I am sorry, but I'd have to not answer that and get a supervisor and congress involved, cause some things are NOT standard practice and those people are being taken advantage of. People relly need to read up on their rights as US citizens in this process.

I'm not worried about any of the questions. It's just the hassle of time off from work for both of us to go down there. That's my only issue.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Kimmy, arent you in NYC or near there? Did Kashi say it was quiet in your neighborhood? Evan has a hard time getting used to what he considers "quietness" here. Plus people dem nah friendly round yah.

Close enough Lita, wher we lived in NY was quiet and where we are now in CT is double quiet :)

Did that drive Kashi mad? I realize that going thru life or your day in Jamaica, music and patwah, and a few random cussouts is like daily life. he really misses that. its so much more vibrant in JA than it is here, no matter if you lived in NYC on Times Square. The American culture is so controlled and untrusting sometimes. I see it more and more now, and its sad to me.

Timeline
Did that drive Kashi mad? I realize that going thru life or your day in Jamaica, music and patwah, and a few random cussouts is like daily life. he really misses that. its so much more vibrant in JA than it is here, no matter if you lived in NYC on Times Square. The American culture is so controlled and untrusting sometimes. I see it more and more now, and its sad to me.

OH YES !! WE HAD SOME WORDS LITA NO JOKE..IF I LIVED IN THE BUSH LIKE YAADS (:)) I PROLY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A DIVORCE BY NOW..JUST CAUSE IT'S SO QUIET...GOOD THING HE COULD DRIVE FROM JA...IT'S TOUGH MAN GOTTA BE STRONG

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Kimmy, arent you in NYC or near there? Did Kashi say it was quiet in your neighborhood? Evan has a hard time getting used to what he considers "quietness" here. Plus people dem nah friendly round yah.

Close enough Lita, wher we lived in NY was quiet and where we are now in CT is double quiet :)

You all live in the wrong cities or neighborhoods or something. We are wanting to move out of ours cause it's too noisy.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lita - A said very similar things when he got here. Things are just so quiet and different. I remember coming home from work and the radio blasting dancehall and the TV on HypeTV and all sorts of noise. It helped him feel more like in JA - hearing the music and the patwah and everything. To this day we still listen to a lot and watch JA movies and things, definitely helped boost his spirits.

Timeline
Thanks Sus, yeah, I know the job fairs are good idea, but I will be out of vacation time when he gets here, plus for taxes purpose i would rather if he didnt start working until January. But, i guest while he is in the house he can browse the unemployment site, they just open a Lowes not far from where I live maybe he can check that out too. He is so not going to enjoy sitting around the house.

What money USCIS leaves in my account would be spent at Lowes if one opened close to me..... :bonk:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

OH YES !! WE HAD SOME WORDS LITA NO JOKE..IF I LIVED IN THE BUSH LIKE YAADS (:)) I PROLY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A DIVORCE BY NOW..JUST CAUSE IT'S SO QUIET...GOOD THING HE COULD DRIVE FROM JA...IT'S TOUGH MAN GOTTA BE STRONG

LOL, Kimmy - You live in the Beverly Hills of CT :whistle: - gotta be very quiet there - it must help to be so close to NY, though, where he can easily get to somewhat familiar noises in the JA areas -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's true. I think for a lot of people, myself included, it is intimidating. These people hold your life and marriage in their hands. As much as we know we aren't a fraudulent marriage all it takes is them to think it is and you are going to have a battle on your hands. Stress, money and all that good stuff to clear your name. While I know we would all fight tooth and nail just the idea that they have so much control can be overwhelming.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.