Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think a charitable thing in JA sounds like a wonderful idea :D Sending items down to JA seems like it could get tricky...maybe cash is the way to go. As for who/what/where...I really don't have any connections so hopefully someone else has something.

yea..unless we get a "donation" from one of the barrell companies for a free shipment :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
I mean seriously JG..i think we all send "charitable" donations against our will

Portland i'm in..we can link an si weh wi can start

NYCgirl..hey..how r u?

There is a project in Negril where you buy bricks at Traveller's resort that are then used to build on schools - Or a friend of mine has started a non-profit that is building a music school in JA -

If either of those projects interest anyone, I can do a collection and we can make a mass donation -

hmm...i like the music school thing anyone of those sound good..

Ok..do we have a biracial kids in here? other than Shauna and Rhonda?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here is a discussion of the Brick project, with photos - - The bricks sell for $100JA each through Travellers -

http://www.negril.com/discus/messages/103/...html?1223556195

Here is the link to Bowie's project in St. Elizabeth - http://www.mimamusic.org/stelizabeth.htm

He is such an awesome man - such a HUGE heart

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I mean seriously JG..i think we all send "charitable" donations against our will

Portland i'm in..we can link an si weh wi can start

NYCgirl..hey..how r u?

There is a project in Negril where you buy bricks at Traveller's resort that are then used to build on schools - Or a friend of mine has started a non-profit that is building a music school in JA -

If either of those projects interest anyone, I can do a collection and we can make a mass donation -

hmm...i like the music school thing anyone of those sound good..

Ok..do we have a biracial kids in here? other than Shauna and Rhonda?

I'm not biracial but my daughter is.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Timeline

I know. I ain't worth a damn! Mrs. Scott only posts when she needs information. :wacko: My husband wants to visit his relatives in Canada. We have not started the AOS process. The K-3 visa is a multiple entry visa. Does any one know if he can travel to Canada. I thought he could only travel with a green card. Please advise.

Timeline

ur funny Kelia :lol: sorry no clue though

Ok..i ask b/c i was listening to the radio and this lady was pissed that someone said to her "oh look ,it's nice to see the Black folks adopting" she turned around and said...Bithc this blond haired blued eyed gremlin is mine :rofl::rofl: how do u guys feel on this?

Here is a discussion of the Brick project, with photos - - The bricks sell for $100JA each through Travellers -

http://www.negril.com/discus/messages/103/...html?1223556195

Here is the link to Bowie's project in St. Elizabeth - http://www.mimamusic.org/stelizabeth.htm

He is such an awesome man - such a HUGE heart

can u send this to my PM sus please..i wanna keep it and know where i can find it

Ok guys..how about we do a VJ BOOK BAG charity for the schools...I know we are from all different Parishes so maybe it can be done where each respective one gets something?

mrs.scott post over in the Canadian forums and see if u get a good response

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I know. I ain't worth a damn! Mrs. Scott only posts when she needs information. :wacko: My husband wants to visit his relatives in Canada. We have not started the AOS process. The K-3 visa is a multiple entry visa. Does any one know if he can travel to Canada. I thought he could only travel with a green card. Please advise.

I thought the gc was good to go.

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Timeline

Morning everyone! well...afternoon :lol:

JG...that camel pic is a classic! I've never rode a camel before. Horse, elephant, yeah...but no camels. Where was that at?

Happy Anniversary KK!

Hey Jamerican! Good to see you :luv:

About the whole charity thing...I LOVE philanthropic work...I studied cultural anthropolgy in college and my minor was in nonprofit leadership

I started a charity back in 2006. Every year we send a barrell of school supplies and give them out. We go to a park in my district to distribute the supplies and have other things such as food, games, and a bounce house. This has been the work of my family as well as some of my close friends. Right now I'm working on getting 501c3 status so that people who donate can get tax write offs...that way we can get business sponsorships. I tried to get free shipping from a barrell company and the first thing they asked for was the 501c3 status :wacko:

Sending the supplies is another thing...the customs dept will think you are going to sell them so you have to apply for a waiver of duty from the Minister of Finance (Audley Shaw). It wasn't hard for me because him and my late uncle were close friends.

We've also adopted a primary school. The principal is a friend of the family. It helps when you know people involved because there is more credibility and it is easier to track where the donated funds are going.

If anyone has any questions about starting a nonprofit, etc, feel free to PM me

If we start one just from members of the thread...count me in :thumbs:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng.html#s1

Mrs.Scott it says if you are a permanet resident you just need a permanent resident card.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mrs. Scott - I don't think he can go to Canada without a greencard. If he wanted to travel to Canada beforehand getting the GC he would need to get a visa which probably wouldn't be an easy task to get. I know of a couple that was visiting here on a visitor visa from JA and they got denied a visa to visit Canada. The K3 is a multi entry visa but it only allows you to get back into the US. The hard part would be getting into Canada when they ask what your citizenship is and he would have to say JA. I will look into it some more but I am pretty sure it isn't possible on a K3 and he will have to wait for an actual greencard.

Edited by Yaads

Timeline

Hi Gill!!! (waving)

Kimmy..I'm from Mandeville

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.