Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats KK on your upcoming 1 year anniversary!

So, I was just having a thought posting to another thread and realized that hopefully this time next year, my guy and I will be preparing to visit my parents soon for his very first Thanksgiving! How many of you will be introducing your SOs to turkey, stuffing and all the fixins for the first time this year? Or, if your SO has already been through the holiday, what does s/he think of it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks yaads

I dont know how i feel right now? kinda irritated, kinda sad, and kinda of okay with my decision, if that makes sense?

It definitely makes sense to feel all those, Honey - Hang in there - It's a hard choice to make - but I believe that what is meant to be will be -

Hey Honey hang in there girlie. Pray and pray some more. Soon the emotions will settle down and let you think.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kimmy - that seems like you would have some interesting days. The company I work for now..have patient care centers and make prothetic legs arms finger toes..whatever you need.

oh yes...we have a guy who makes braces and to watch him do it amazing i can imagine prosthesis

?

:)

Hey Wakey..how's Jaws doing?

Hey guys.Jaws is druged up. She is pain but the pills make you sleep through it. I just left her and she seems to be getting comfortable. She hasn't been up to talking yet because of the tube they put in her throat. She sends her thanks and love to you guys for your prayers. I will continue to keep you all posted.

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

jumprope2.gif

Hey guys.Jaws is druged up. She is pain but the pills make you sleep through it. I just left her and she seems to be getting comfortable. She hasn't been up to talking yet because of the tube they put in her throat. She sends her thanks and love to you guys for your prayers. I will continue to keep you all posted.

Wakey

Thanks Wakey

Kimmy - I was trying to get fancy and do a different one.

:lol: like wah? u a newbie to dis u gotta stick to the basics until the pros get on :lol:

ok..everybody run gone lef mi..nite all...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats KK on your upcoming 1 year anniversary!

So, I was just having a thought posting to another thread and realized that hopefully this time next year, my guy and I will be preparing to visit my parents soon for his very first Thanksgiving! How many of you will be introducing your SOs to turkey, stuffing and all the fixins for the first time this year? Or, if your SO has already been through the holiday, what does s/he think of it?

This will be hubby's 3rd Thanksgiving. First year, we went to my mom's. He loves real mashed potatoes so he was in heaven. Last year, he had to work so I brought him leftovers. This year, it's unclear at the moment whether he will work it or not. I'm kind of hoping he does and is off Christmas this year. Guess we'll see.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Wakey....send Jawi my love. I hope she feels better soon.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't know Jawi but sending good thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Sometimes I forget that there will be a good chance my guy and I won't always be able to get the same time off...especially when he's fairly new to a job. Oh well, too soon to start worrying about that. Of course, I've thought about that too in the case that we want to take a trip back to JA and what if he can't get the time off....hmm...

JG I hope you get to spend Xmas together if you have to choose between the two. Mmmm.....mashed taters! I can't wait....surely I'll have 5 lbs to lose after the holiday!

Timeline
I don't know Jawi but sending good thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Sometimes I forget that there will be a good chance my guy and I won't always be able to get the same time off...especially when he's fairly new to a job. Oh well, too soon to start worrying about that. Of course, I've thought about that too in the case that we want to take a trip back to JA and what if he can't get the time off....hmm...

JG I hope you get to spend Xmas together if you have to choose between the two. Mmmm.....mashed taters! I can't wait....surely I'll have 5 lbs to lose after the holiday!

If I got to pick, he'd be off every holiday. Never seems to work that way, though.

Yeah, vacations suck when they start a new job. I tend to take my vacation days on days when he is off so we can spend some time together.

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Hi Everyone,

I was just stopping by to say hi and hope all is well. Its been awhile since I have been in this forum much less on VJ. I am going down to JA with my hubby in Dec for the christmas and staying for two weeks. Things are great with us. He has been up here for a year and I am still introducing him to new foods and places (new foods are not easy). My SO is driving and has a car now and I am a little nervous because he is registered on my insurance and every now and then he drifts to the left side of the road(on coming traffic) LOL. I'm sure he will get it but he will be even more confused when we goes down in a couple weeks and he drives there.....and then come back here..............OH GOD!

Neway congrats on the approvals and I hope everything is going well with you all.

Morning;

I've been doing that since I've been driving in the states and in Jamaica. I just feels weird for a little while. I do the same thing when I'm in Jamaica, I'm fine when I'm driving straight, but when I turn I sometimes forget LEFTside. He'll get it. My husband took a while to get use to driving here. I just left him drive every chance I get while I'm in the car and correct him if he does something wrong. He had no problems driving on the highways (says it felt like driving back home). :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline
My one year anniversary is tomorrow!!!! Ryan is making me stay up to 12 midnight :huh: to welcome the next year of marriage. My bedtime is usually no later than 10pm. Let's see how this goes.

Happy Anniversary KK & hubby (mi can mebah im name)

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.