SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies...I want to make sorrel for my family for Christmas. Where can I find the sorrel sepals? Do they sell them in regular stores, or do I have to go to a specialty store? I'm in NC and am not aware of a Jamaican market around.

I buy them online from Sams247.com since we don't have anything local either. Good luck in your search :D

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone!

Shanette - my SO and I are from mville as well. hi neighbor :lol:

Morant - when in January will you be in JA? I'll most likely be there for Lance's birthday. I'm tryna find something on skyauction now. BTW - congrats on your weight loss girl!!!

MrsP - Do you have a Caribbean grocer nearby? They should have the sorrell

How's everyone else doing this evening?

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So I just check out the fertility calender and emailed the link to my SO and told him these are the days he is not allowed to touch me! His respond is mi must si mad!

My cousin doesn't know how it happen and she couldn't believe it, she had a blood test done and they told her she didnt believe it. Went home took 4 pregnance test all positive she still nuh believe so she went and did an ultra sound, when she saw the pic thats when she belive. I asked her what BC she was using so mi make sure mi nuh use that one. She said it has been working for 10 years so she dont know what happen... She calling it the miracle baby

So mi nah tak no chance, mi ting say mi a joke wid him!

love.jpg

Timeline
Ladies...I want to make sorrel for my family for Christmas. Where can I find the sorrel sepals? Do they sell them in regular stores, or do I have to go to a specialty store? I'm in NC and am not aware of a Jamaican market around.

I buy them online from Sams247.com since we don't have anything local either. Good luck in your search :D

Yaads...I found a recipe for 2 liters of sorrel. It calls for 1 lb of sorrel...will a 5 oz bag of sorrel be enough, or do I need more bags? I am NOT a cook and metric conversions aren't my thing! :blush::no:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yaads...I found a recipe for 2 liters of sorrel. It calls for 1 lb of sorrel...will a 5 oz bag of sorrel be enough, or do I need more bags? I am NOT a cook and metric conversions aren't my thing! :blush::no:

Get 3 bags if you are going to make 2 liters. 16oz = 1 lb :D So 3 bags should work.

Edited by Yaads

Timeline

Get 3 bags if you are going to make 2 liters. 16oz = 1 lb :D

See...that's why I love VJ!! You ladies are SOOOO smart!!! Love you guys!! (L)

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

I'm sitting here trying to remember if I like Sorrel. My college/fresh out of college roommate used to make it during the winter time. She isn't carribbean...she's just international. Although she is dating a jamaican that is in med school..TMI..I know. :unsure:

Timeline
Question for the mommies, or anyone that may know... What do you give a baby that has thrush in her mouth?

The doctor give a antibiotic it is a bacteria like yeast when you get thrush but I don't remember the name. I know some old wise tales but i wouldn't do that to my kids. Putting their pee on it. My cousin swears it work but I never tried it.

Na you know yo azz is crazy...

I was thinking that but I was to dayum embarrassed to say it!!! lol

Lawd only on vjourney will one of the Jamaica Sistren tell you to put Pee on you baby mouth.. <Sh*t does work but dont tell no body>

lmao

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good evening yardies! Finally finished catching up on here and all this food talk is making me hungry! Now I want conch fritters. Anyone ever try callaloo fritters? Those are great too!

I have so many comments but it goes PAGES back so I guess I'll just try to keep up now.

But I have to say that Morant, you look great! Keep up the hard work....you are such an inspiration! Maybe I oughtta get off my butt and do something....

Love the Jamaican protesters pic BTW!

Timeline

Np Shanette. I should be there January and again over the summer. Wish I was going for christmas :crying:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

Boxing Day is a traditional celebration dating back to the Middle Ages, of which the primary practice is the giving of gifts to employees or to people in a lower social class. The name has numerous folk etymologies[3].

Hey everyone!

Shanette - my SO and I are from mville as well. hi neighbor :lol:

Morant - when in January will you be in JA? I'll most likely be there for Lance's birthday. I'm tryna find something on skyauction now. BTW - congrats on your weight loss girl!!!

MrsP - Do you have a Caribbean grocer nearby? They should have the sorrell

How's everyone else doing this evening?

I will be there January 16-19th Happy borthday and OBAMA Day.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Timeline

KK..I always have fun during christmas. parties, parties, and more parties. and i love grand market night

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.