5,792 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I KNOW...WE ARE A HOT DYAM MESS!

Bwoy Gilly :rofl: Dat story was funny :rofl: Mi love saltfish but pon pizza?! Mi a go haffi try dat.

A MESS Yaads...we know! :blush::lol:

Dat alright...wi a big mess ova here too :blush: Mi nah even knoa how wi come up wid some tings wey wi eat :lol:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello all,

Hope all is well with everyone. Congrats to all the new approvals etc.

I'm doing well. No divorce yet, but we haven't talked in over a year. lol

I've prepared all the paper work and all that I just have to get it filed. I'm starting to feel like if I don't have a proposal to remarry then in two years I'll help him again. He'll be older and more mature. But then I think it's his problem and I need to be legally divorced (all the girlfriends agree). I don't think I'll ever get back with him but I just have a soft spot. He's friends thought he was suicidal for a while. *snicker*

Maybe in two years I can give him the chance to get back one of the things he lost. Never me, of course

any thoughts

Hi Empress,

Welcome back...so glad to see you!

I truly believe that G-d opens windows...when doors are closed. Only you can make the decision if you want to finally close the door that was your marriage. Trust me I get it ...I know. I was separated from my ex-husband for 6 years going back & forth divorce or try again. It wasn't until he got another woman pregnant that he made the decision for me.

Sistren, when my divorce came through...can I tell you I swore off men at that point! NEVER AGAIN!! Then a month later I met Ken and I made a liar of myself. :blush: But, I couldn't be happier. The whole time I was separated I never met, talked to or interacted with another man. But the second I closed the door of my first marriage, God opened the window for my true love!

You choose, but whatever choice, just know it's the right one for you! :luv:

Bless-ed love,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Saltfish Fritters...YUM!!! :yes:

OMG I would give anything for a plateful right now! I am drooling over here :lol: We make this ketchup/hotsauce gravy thing to dip the fritters in...to die for.

Oooohhh Hell YEAH Yaads...we smother ours with Ketchup!! So dyam good!! :lol:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Saltfish Fritters...YUM!!! :yes:

OMG I would give anything for a plateful right now! I am drooling over here :lol: We make this ketchup/hotsauce gravy thing to dip the fritters in...to die for.

Oooohhh Hell YEAH Yaads...we smother ours with Ketchup!! So dyam good!! :lol:

Gotta have the ketchup...the "secret" ingredient in everything JA :rofl:

Mi gaan fi eat mi boring lunch :( Cho mi wish mi had some saltfish fritters!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question for the mommies, or anyone that may know... What do you give a baby that has thrush in her mouth?

Boy I don't know Portland. Have you taken them to the doctor? Hopefully someone else will be helpful.

Yeah you have to go to the doctor to get an antifungal medication that is safe for inside the baby's mouth. There is no nonprescription medicine for it I don't think.

Filed: Timeline

YUCK! Ya'll put ketcup on your fritters. Like some of my co-workers that cover the beef or chicken patties with ketchup...what's up with that.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Yardie Family!! :D

Back from Disney around 2 am this morning so we are exhausted but had a good time. Some beautiful weather in FL!!

I missed ya'll! What good stuff did I miss?????

Hope you had a good time. I love Disney. Are you nervous about Friday???

We did have a good time but holy-moly - talk about overstimulation!!!! Couldn't ask for better weather though.

:yes: I am!! And I mailed off a packet of stuff mid-October via priority mail for it and it still hasn't shown up. It had a long blah-blah letter about why I'm not there as well as photos so I'm hoping it shows up in the next two days!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
YUCK! Ya'll put ketcup on your fritters. Like some of my co-workers that cover the beef or chicken patties with ketchup...what's up with that.

Hush you :P ...don't knock it til you try it!! I do the same with my patties!! We are a ketchup loving family...it took Ken awhile fuh catch on...but he's getting it now! My kids put Ketchup on damn near everything!!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
Thanks yaads

I dont know how i feel right now? kinda irritated, kinda sad, and kinda of okay with my decision, if that makes sense?

It definitely makes sense to feel all those, Honey - Hang in there - It's a hard choice to make - but I believe that what is meant to be will be -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
TALKIN BOUT DINNA..WHY LAST NITE AFTA COMIN IN LATE..MI NEVA EAT..SO DIS MAWNIN HUBBY CALLED..HIM A FRY....SO MI SEH U CAN HAVE MI FISH CAUSE BY TIME MI REACH HOME MI NO WANT IT GO BAD. WELL HOW ABOUT 20MINS LATER MI SEH..WAH U DID A FRY? OK..THIS MAN DONE HELPED HIMSELF TO MI DINNA B4 MI OFFA IT TO HIM..MI NEVA SI NUTTIN SO YET..DI MAN FRY MI BOIL DUMPLIN DEM...AN A LAUGH LIKE HIM SI MI A LAUGH...OUT A ORDER :rofl:

Hey Yardie Family!! :D

Back from Disney around 2 am this morning so we are exhausted but had a good time. Some beautiful weather in FL!!

I missed ya'll! What good stuff did I miss?????

Hope you had a good time. I love Disney. Are you nervous about Friday???

SHHHH CLAIREY..SHE NOT TALKIN BOUT IT :whistle:

:lol: Hush Kimmmy....the man knows you so well, he knew you were going to offer it to him. :yes:

:unsure: Now I'm talking cuz I'm nervous. I have had enough airplanes and airports the last 2 months that I will scream if they pull the "wanna see my face" to ask me 3 questions business. Let alone getting time off of work and finding the money to buy a plane ticket in freakin December no less. I'm begging ya'll start praying now for me.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Gill/Lawny - What are fritters?

KK,

to answer your question. You typically chop up onions, peppers, tomatoes and cooked saltfish into a bowl with plain flour. Add some black pepper and other dry seasonings You then add water until you have a paste like mixture...thin or thick depending upon your taste (we usually add a little ketchup too(hush Lawny)).

Then you fry the batter in pancke sized fritters...some J'cans call them Flitters (like my hubby), but it's actually fritters. Try them I beat you'll love it!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tonight we are having saltfish and baked beans. Someone tell me that they've had this before. I don't know if my husband just made this dish up. It's good though.

Girl, Ray makes that a lot. I love the baked beans and corned beef over rice.

Sunny - you're Jamaican at Heart..I'm convinced. You like all the food.

Mmmmm.....Sunny.....me too.

I'm making tacos, spanish rice and refried beans for dinner. I hope Ray likes it. :wacko:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.