SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jawi876 - surgery!

Hey everyone I forgot to mention that my sister had her surgery for the herniated disk yesterday. She is doing well and it was a success. Please pray for her recovery. I'm going to pick her up from hospital now. You know they only let you stay for a hot minute.

Talk to you guys later

Wakey

She was in my prayers yesterday,Wakey...please send her my VERY best!! (L)

Lawny - he cooks EVERYDAY...and he cooks Jamaican food everyday. I mean he may fry chicken and chips...lol. But it's only stuff he gets in jamaica. He can't get the nerve to buy the $13 can of ackee. So we don't have that. It's not my favorite. I eat the saltfish and leave the ackee.

ME TOO!! I love cook-up saltfish plain...no ackee or anything. Just me, the saltfish and some hardo bread will make due! :thumbs:

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I like saltfish with ackee or if you cook it down with tomato, peppers and such. I can't eat it with rice only dumplin. Fry saltfish is good also (not so healthy), but eeh good same way. and I LOVE FRITTERS...OMG it's so good.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I KNOW...WE ARE A HOT DYAM MESS!

Bwoy Gilly :rofl: Dat story was funny :rofl: Mi love saltfish but pon pizza?! Mi a go haffi try dat.

A MESS Yaads...we know! :blush::lol:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i feel so down today you guys. i miss my husband and i want a normal life. i am grateful that our love stood the test of time, i am happy that i found this site and all of you wonderful people but i am a little sad that 9 mths of my life was put on hold because of a process that is out of our control.

These past two weeks have been hard on me too. It will make you ever more thankful when the time comes I suppose. The first 10 months or so I felt like my life was on hold too..then I realized (and I think Marlita did too) that our lives were never on hold..that this was our lives. That doesnt make it any easier, does it? haha

ahahaa, probably not. But it is the ridiculous purgatoy of a life we were called to live.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Trelawny Parish,

Your siggy is quite fitting

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Timeline
I like saltfish with ackee or if you cook it down with tomato, peppers and such. I can't eat it with rice only dumplin. Fry saltfish is good also (not so healthy), but eeh good same way. and I LOVE FRITTERS...OMG it's so good.

Lawny,

Right there with you on the Fritters!! I harassed poor Ken until FINALLY he made that for Sunday Breakfast. He made a ton...the whole time mumbling he don't want to hear nothing bout 'FLITTERS' (ugh!) til Christmas!! I just ate the last of them this mawning! :whistle::lol:

Conch fritters?

Saltfish Fritters...YUM!!! :yes:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Timeline
Conch fritters?

EWWWWWWWWWW, but I love conch soup or curry counch yummyyyyyyyyyyyy

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
But si yah!...wiat deh. Yardssssssssssss WEH MI CUTLASS!....weh mi MACHETE...bettah yet...weh mi PIX AX...

If a war u want mek it start...

LOOK AT KIMMY'S siggi. ow mi fi survive dat

:rofl: Wow Kims...mi knoa yuh nah do dat on yuh own :no:

Bwoy mi knoa a war a start!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Question for the mommies, or anyone that may know... What do you give a baby that has thrush in her mouth?

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I also decided im not going to JA in January as planned, im kinda sad about it but decided I need to give the SO time to sort out his baby mama drama, and since im not gonna allow his drama to be my drama, i dont know when im going back....

I can change the dates on my ticket for a cost i believe, so who knows? (((( sigh)))

Sorry to hear that Honey. I hope he sorts out his drama.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.