SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone have any issues with their SO getting credit with their SSN?? Chris tried sign up for moneygram online n that dum site even gave him trouble. When he called they said they couldnt find any info in respect to his SSN and same with his job, they had issues. Whats the easiest way to start building credit??

I know there have been many discussions about this in the "Moving Here and Your New Life In America" forum. Might be some good threads to dig back up.

You could add him to one of your CC as a joint name...not just an authorized user.

Try going to department stores and places like that that have CC's or through the local bank.

I know there are secured CC's but not sure how that works.

Good luck...it can be very difficult especially in the hard times the economy is having now.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
SBJ- Yes, it seems like a lot of jobs require US citizenship.

Bwoy how I take being a citizen for granted.

:yes: One of my dreams is to work overseas. It will be easier for him to get a job being a citizen.

Mine too im follow u! :) i just dont wanna go to no crazy country

What, you don't want to go to Iraq :blink: Just kidding, you get to bid on the country.

Thanks everyone. The man is Damien's best friend's father. He made sure Damien had a roof over his head, food to eat, money in his pocket and roof over his head...a wonderful man. He owned several stores downtown Mobay in Baywest Centre. It was so unexpected....

Sorry , Bless Damien up for me!!!!

Thanks. We may not be come to ATL now depending on the funeral arrangements. I'll keep you in touch.

Naw worry yourself with that Ya'll can come in the summer before u renew vows. We'll take our daughter to Six Flags :dance: . Maybe U can find your dress down here Iluv to SHOP.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone have any issues with their SO getting credit with their SSN?? Chris tried sign up for moneygram online n that dum site even gave him trouble. When he called they said they couldnt find any info in respect to his SSN and same with his job, they had issues. Whats the easiest way to start building credit??

Can you link him to one of your credit cards? Or put a utility bill in his name, get a secured credit card, something - They aren't finding any info because no one has made any report on him yet - That's actually not a bad thing, lol

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Add him to one of ur credit cards as a xtra user. I did that but didn't give Emil the card :devil: . That gave him some credit back ground.

Was that hard to do?

No u can do it before he comes. Just call credit card company tell the u want to add your husband. They send the card in a few days. they want u to spend more money :devil: .

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Timeline

As for adding them to your credit card consider the difference between a joint account holder and just an authorized user.

Q: What is the difference between a joint account holder and an authorized user? Is an authorized user legally liable to pay the credit card balance in the event that the principal has abandoned the debt? -- Ruth

A: This is a confusing topic for many people. Let's see if I can shed some light on it for you. A joint account holder for a credit card account is equally responsible for the balance of the account along with the other person named on the account and is legally liable for any amount due. An authorized user, on the other hand, is able to use the credit card account, but is not legally liable for the balance due on the account. Keep two things in mind when deciding whether you want to be a joint account holder or an authorized user on someone's account or how you want to designate another person added to your account.

One, a joint account holder is responsible for the balance, so only add someone who you know is capable and willing to pay the account if you are unable. Likewise, only agree to be a joint cardholder if you are prepared to pay the account yourself. Otherwise, both people's credit will be negatively affected if the account becomes delinquent.

Two, an authorized user has the ability to use the account for purchases just as you do, but without any of the financial responsibility. Only add someone you can trust not to abuse the privileges that come with having access to your account.

Also, when you add an authorized user, you should ask to put a lower credit limit on that account. One of the more common uses for adding authorized users is to allow children to have their own cards, but you as the account holder are still in control. This is a great tool for teaching a responsible teen when and how to use a credit card wisely. As an authorized user on someone's account, that person is not legally responsible, but the account does appear on his credit report.

Many people add an authorized user to their accounts to try and boost the credit history of the person being added. However, because of abuse of that function in credit scoring, the VantageScore model does not consider authorized users in the calculation of scores. In addition, although FICO scores currently include them, the new FICO '08 does not include authorized user accounts either. The credit bureaus are scheduled to begin using FICO '08 sometime this summer. An authorized user account still appears on your credit report. So, if a lender is viewing your actual report and not just your credit score, the account, whether in good standing or bad, may or may not be considered by the lender in making lending decisions.

Take care of your credit!

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-new...counts-1292.php

Timeline

Damien started off with a jewerly credit card. Start there....

Niccce he can get me some jewelry heheh i will tell him dat today

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

this makes me stressed. How long has he had SSN?

ooh..good question!

hes got his ssn when he first got here using that EAD stamp, so that was abouttttt ummm let me thinkkkk ok January and it had on it with authorization only blasted on the front of it. Forgot what kinda authorization it said. Then since he got his perm res card, we went back to soc sec this summer n had it removed and received a normal card.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tell me once we have 2 year green card can you file for the next thing (removal of conditions I thinkg) when you are 6 months til expiration?

You can file Removing of Conditions 90 days before your green card expires and then naturalization you can file 90 days before the immigrant has been a permenant resident for 3 years (minus time spent outside of the US).

Thanks

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Add him to one of ur credit cards as a xtra user. I did that but didn't give Emil the card :devil: . That gave him some credit back ground.

Was that hard to do?

No u can do it before he comes. Just call credit card company tell the u want to add your husband. They send the card in a few days. they want u to spend more money :devil: .

even without a ssn?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

I agree with you Morant. That's how I got started.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

JALOVE - Ryan got credit card offers in the mail..one from capital one. He opened one card and his credit has been established.

Timeline

Was that hard to do?

Sorry I see my question was already answered.

Edited by *SunRay*

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
SBJ- Yes, it seems like a lot of jobs require US citizenship.

Bwoy how I take being a citizen for granted.

:yes: One of my dreams is to work overseas. It will be easier for him to get a job being a citizen.

Mine too im follow u! :) i just dont wanna go to no crazy country

What, you don't want to go to Iraq :blink: Just kidding, you get to bid on the country.

Ya hit da nail on the head! :dance: well its cool that u get to bid at least.

K-1 2007

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

Naturalization 2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.