SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Lawny - how is Marcel doing? Did things work out with FedEx? Don't forget UPS and Home Depot.

Hey sjb -- Marcel is doing okay. He has 2 interviews the end of this week. With the FEDEX job, the location where he was going to work the guy couldn't hold the job any longer, because his supervisor said that they had to fill it immediately. We got the EAD 1 week too late, but it's okay. So, on to UPS and Home Depot (thanks for the heads up).

Tell Marcel good luck. I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

Thanks. Just talked to Sunny, she's so HAPPY and Ray is a trip (he cracks me up)...can't wait for the link up.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey sjb -- Marcel is doing okay. He has 2 interviews the end of this week. With the FEDEX job, the location where he was going to work the guy couldn't hold the job any longer, because his supervisor said that they had to fill it immediately. We got the EAD 1 week too late, but it's okay. So, on to UPS and Home Depot (thanks for the heads up).

Home Depot is a great company - One of my cousins started there as a sales person - He has been put through all kinds of training, and moved up through the ranks, now to a district mgr, making 6 figures - My other cousin is working there too - he started in stocking, and eventually applied for a transfer - they gave him a promotion to stay where he is - (both of them have HS diplomas, no college)

The company really is supportive of their employees and gives them the tools they need to grow within the organization.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Hey ladies..

the weekend was very busy.. partied w/ kids Friday.. Tay had a community service project Sat morning. Upon arrival I found out the parents were asked to help as well :blink:

The others were like "didn't u read the paper?" I said yes, but it said "no dropping off and picking up" to me that just means I have to stay, not stay and work! :whistle:

It was cool though, they were cleaning up a park.. It was good to see the kids and parents working together.

Dancing on Sat night and church Sunday morning, that extra hour was a blessing indeed..

missing RG like crazy trying to fight an impulse ticket purchase :innocent:

Going to catch up EVERYONE BE BLESSED!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG, looks like you had a fun Halloween.

It was raining down here so I gave extra candy to the kids that braved the rain lol

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
1Luv...the way I make gravy is using the seasonings from the meat I'm cooking and add water and turn down the fire..and let simmer

Do you use flour or cornstarch to thicken it?

I made Gizzada this weekend!! It was delicious - (note to self - buy a food processor! Grating coconuts was painful.)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Question ladies,

For your SO job interviews and job application, do you'll do dry pratice run's before they go out and start looking and applying?

I only ask this because when I work with the guys in JA, for the summer recuritment program, I find that alot of the men spell the way they speak, and most of them do not do eye contact when they are speaking to you.

Some tend to speak to fast, so their english comes out poorly.(get gabage- up).

Now, when they get comfortable with the situation it is a different picture.

Timeline
Dear Yardie Family,

Please pray for Ja Love. Her husband called me at 1:00 AM. Yesterday, she complained about having migraine headaches. I told her that if the problem worsens to go to the emergency room. To make a long story short, she had two seizures. The doctors are trying to determine if she had placenta remains inside of her. Her baby is only a week old. Her mother said that she is having a cat scan. Hopefully, they can figure out what's wrong. As soon as I hear from Chris, I will let you guys know.

Later,

Mrs. Scott (Kelia)

Thank you Mrs. Scott. JAlove, you are in my heart and prayers. Get well soon!! (L)

Question ladies,

For your SO job interviews and job application, do you'll do dry pratice run's before they go out and start looking and applying?

I only ask this because when I work with the guys in JA, for the summer recuritment program, I find that alot of the men spell the way they speak, and most of them do not do eye contact when they are speaking to you.

Some tend to speak so fast, so their english comes out poorly.(get gabage- up).

Question ladies,

Some tend to speak so fast, that their english comes out poorly.(get gabage- up).

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline
Dear Yardie Family,

Please pray for Ja Love. Her husband called me at 1:00 AM. Yesterday, she complained about having migraine headaches. I told her that if the problem worsens to go to the emergency room. To make a long story short, she had two seizures. The doctors are trying to determine if she had placenta remains inside of her. Her baby is only a week old. Her mother said that she is having a cat scan. Hopefully, they can figure out what's wrong. As soon as I hear from Chris, I will let you guys know.

Later,

Mrs. Scott (Kelia)

Thank you Mrs. Scott. JAlove, you are in my heart and prayers. Get well soon!! (L)

Timeline
I have lost 31 lb since the end of June and thought a few weeks back that I had gained some back...low and behold I had lost 2 more! Don't fret about it, if you did gain, you can lose it agian.

Congrats to you Mrsladyd!! :thumbs:

Thanks Island.......2 trips to JA and having someone that occupies the space in my mind help a lot!

event.png

Timeline
JG, looks like you had a fun Halloween.

It was raining down here so I gave extra candy to the kids that braved the rain lol

Did you dress up?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Question ladies,

Some tend to speak so fast, that their english comes out poorly.(get gabage- up).

We didn't.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
1Luv...the way I make gravy is using the seasonings from the meat I'm cooking and add water and turn down the fire..and let simmer

Do you use flour or cornstarch to thicken it?

I made Gizzada this weekend!! It was delicious - (note to self - buy a food processor! Grating coconuts was painful.)

nope nothing..u gotta add the right amount of water Granny atold me never to add flour to my meat :) u see it in the gravy

i love Gizzada..and yes grating coconut can be very painful ..ahahhaaa

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.