SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Classy & Nelly. How are you two doing?

Hi Honey too. I just haven't seen those 2 in a while to ask them. I figure you will post eventually.

Hi JG and everyone else. I've been trying to catch up but I can't. I've been very busy and haven't had much time to keep up on the chatting. This weekend was my grandmother's wake (she passed 10/18) Boy I tell ya the Irish can party. My family is CRAZY, fun, and huge. Over 350 people came to the "Life Celebration" my Grandma planned. We went through 50 bottle of Bailey's... Lawny I thought of you! lol I drank some for ya. Tons of beer and wine (I am now a fanof White Zifandel). All while at a Catholic church (I thought you couldn't drink or smoke there but whatever, lmao)

Congrats Sunny and Marlita on having your men here :thumbs:

And Jalove congrat on the baby girl, I just know she's beautiful!

I'm sorry Classy.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning everyone!

Prayers going to out to JALove and her family :luv:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dear Yardie Family,

Please pray for Ja Love. Her husband called me at 1:00 AM. Yesterday, she complained about having migraine headaches. I told her that if the problem worsens to go to the emergency room. To make a long story short, she had two seizures. The doctors are trying to determine if she had placenta remains inside of her. Her baby is only a week old. Her mother said that she is having a cat scan. Hopefully, they can figure out what's wrong. As soon as I hear from Chris, I will let you guys know.

Later,

Mrs. Scott (Kelia)

Hey Mrs.Scott

I was talkin to her yesterday and she said she was seeing stars I had her check her temp she was good. Told her to call the doc cause after birth u never know OMG...thats why i didn't hear back from her..OMG i should have called her...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
Dear Yardie Family,

Please pray for Ja Love. Her husband called me at 1:00 AM. Yesterday, she complained about having migraine headaches. I told her that if the problem worsens to go to the emergency room. To make a long story short, she had two seizures. The doctors are trying to determine if she had placenta remains inside of her. Her baby is only a week old. Her mother said that she is having a cat scan. Hopefully, they can figure out what's wrong. As soon as I hear from Chris, I will let you guys know.

Later,

Mrs. Scott (Kelia)

Oh, I hope she's okay. I told her the same thing. She said she wasn't feeling well. Your body goes through so many changes during pregnancy and afterwards.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
justucia, girl you have no idea,,, people always say why take on a part time job that is so stressful.. one of the little girls who was giving me the blues the other day with her out of control behavior!!!! i mean everything she could do to act a fool she did, and then i had to put her in time out restraint which was like wrestling with a bull, she cried and cried and when she calmed down and we talked to her she says she cant trust people and doesnt want to grow up cause people are bad... it broke my heart..this is the little girl who has a twin sister.. there adoptive mother was charged with beating them, burning them, stabbing them, choking them, withholding food, locking them in closests, making them sleep on the floor with no blankets, hanging them with belts, the list goes on.... Knowing that is what made me go back to work on Sunday..

but im not gonna lie it is wearing on me... :yes:

That is so sad that child feels that way. I will admit that I considered putting my twins up for adoption but when I thought about what could happen to them without me I couldn't do it. I always got to look at the worse case scenario it is a flaw of mine. I was like what if someone adopts them and don't treat them well it will be my fault! I can't live with that thought. My friend called me the other day to say her friend who is a nurse called her and asked her did she want a newborn baby the mother does not want the baby and this is her second baby. The 1st baby the grandmother takes care of. I was like well seeing how this isn't the first baby why does she keep gETTIng pregnant?! I don't understand people. As of yet I don't know what they are going to do with the baby. I hope someone comes in to that little girls life to change her mind about people Honey. I really pray that she will be able to hope one day.

I am feeling this today.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dear Yardie Family,

Later,

Mrs. Scott (Kelia)

Thanks for the news. I will keep JAlove and family in my prayers.

Timeline
Hey Clairey, Rox

I think the persons PMing or whatever I thin they r Jamaican

I've told her that too, Kimmy.

Dear Yardie Family,

Later,

Mrs. Scott (Kelia)

OMG....I'm so sorry. I hope she's okay.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Halloween pictures......

Me in my hippy gear for work a week ago:

20081103083242840_0001.jpg

These are the pumpkins we carved. Mine is the easier bat. Andre's is awesome. He has much more patience then I do.

20081103083242840_0003.jpg

Andre as a pirate.

20081103083018995_0001.jpg

Halloween

20081103083242840_0002.jpg

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This is my thing, when I get off of the plane and into the car, I hand over whatever money I budget to spend for the trip to Joel. Now, I do hold back some US dollars back for my return flight homeexpense, but when that moment on, all of my needs must be handled by my husband.

If I want a drink, I just tell Joel and he should provide, I have not had any problems yet. If I want to buy gifts, I tell him and he gives me the spending money, so I never know when we have spent more or less than what i have handed him.

It was the same here in the US, if I was paying for dinner I would hand him my credit card, and let him give it to the waitress.

Morning Roxie - once your husband settles in and start contributing to the household - will be the same?

Just wondering - my observation is that once the man gets here...the woman stilll have total control over finances or have to buy their own gifts. I know in some situtations it depends on who manages money best but I love when a man does for their woman...don't care how small it is.

Sjb1221, my father said to me when I told him I was getting married. "Let the man wear the pants in the family" If he starts out taking care of you, he will continue to take care of you. He said you don't have to continue to show him how smart and savy you are, he know that. That is the reason he has choosen to ask you to marry him.

So, I have listerned to my father and I have gone inrto my marriage with the understanding that my husband is the provider of this union. We are partners in this marriage.

My husband brought me fresh fruit everyday when I was in Jamaica this past summer, and I treasured it as if he was buying me flowers everyday.

I understand what you saying Roxie. It just amazes me how little the man does for his wife once he's settles in.

Timeline
Well, she hadn't talk to us since April so she called back in September talk to him not me cause i'm the devil :) well he went to go see her and i refused to go i said the only way ur takin my girl is if i go..so i went and fdropped them off and hung out with my girlfren. Well anyway they talk a coupl times after that...then he didn't call for like 1 wk..ok this lady starts saying she know him no love her ..wah she crazy...anyway last we went to my girlfren to hang out he was talkin to her and he couldn't get a word in..so i said is it ur mom he said yea..and he started sayin oo u just stood here cause u wanted to know who's on the phone..heck yea cause u not talkin and the phone at ur ears..so said please i dont care who deh pon di phone...she started saying bye bye..yuh see it yuh see it...she thought i was talkin to her...this woman is losng her marbles..if i had went to her house would my comment sound different to her..Irefuse to play hypocrite wid dis ooman

She naw easy.....chattin bout love her no more :bonk: ....

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Timeline

JG --

I see you were working hard this weekend.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
This is my thing, when I get off of the plane and into the car, I hand over whatever money I budget to spend for the trip to Joel. Now, I do hold back some US dollars back for my return flight homeexpense, but when that moment on, all of my needs must be handled by my husband.

If I want a drink, I just tell Joel and he should provide, I have not had any problems yet. If I want to buy gifts, I tell him and he gives me the spending money, so I never know when we have spent more or less than what i have handed him.

It was the same here in the US, if I was paying for dinner I would hand him my credit card, and let him give it to the waitress.

Morning Roxie - once your husband settles in and start contributing to the household - will be the same?

Just wondering - my observation is that once the man gets here...the woman stilll have total control over finances or have to buy their own gifts. I know in some situtations it depends on who manages money best but I love when a man does for their woman...don't care how small it is.

Sjb1221, my father said to me when I told him I was getting married. "Let the man wear the pants in the family" If he starts out taking care of you, he will continue to take care of you. He said you don't have to continue to show him how smart and savy you are, he know that. That is the reason he has choosen to ask you to marry him.

So, I have listerned to my father and I have gone inrto my marriage with the understanding that my husband is the provider of this union. We are partners in this marriage.

My husband brought me fresh fruit everyday when I was in Jamaica this past summer, and I treasured it as if he was buying me flowers everyday.

I understand what you saying Roxie. It just amazes me how little the man does for his wife once he's settles in.

It doesn't have to be that way.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.