SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Honey, in other word leave me the F alone or GOWEH!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shrew the school is culturally diversed she's just a friggin EDIAT! I'll see what kind of a reply I get from the school board. 29 years ago my brother and I went through this. They made us take ESOL, because we had a heavy british accent and the teachers said it was difficult for them to understand us. I was never so bored in my life. My brother and I went for 1 month and that was all we could take. My parents moved from out of DC to MD. We hated the DC school system.

Jamaicans cannot be the only accent those teachers have to deal with in D.C. WTH is that, Tre?

Apparently not, Marlita. Explain.

I do know what Dead a bush means.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shrew the school is culturally diversed she's just a friggin EDIAT! I'll see what kind of a reply I get from the school board. 29 years ago my brother and I went through this. They made us take ESOL, because we had a heavy british accent and the teachers said it was difficult for them to understand us. I was never so bored in my life. My brother and I went for 1 month and that was all we could take. My parents moved from out of DC to MD. We hated the DC school system.

Oh, I am sure they are cultural, but you need to make them understand that your son understands English perfectly and that English is his native tongue..so ESOL is wrong... English is NOT his second language! I dont think they can push the issue. If he understands them perfectly, then there should be no problem! Ask them what his word-sight recognition (dolche words) is, his fluency, his letter recognition, etc., Be very specific in getting them to indentify the "language barrier" using these diagnostic tools. If he does in fact, understand and speak proper english..their defense will crumble.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Oh, okay ( thanks )

I now have a new phrase to use and no one will no what the hell im talking bout at work....lol

Oh my, funny but not funny thing occurred today, dwayne called me at work and the front desk receptionist would not put him threw cause she thought he was a bill collector or telemarketer, she called and said there is some guy on the phone, he wont tell me where he is from, im sure you wont want to talk to him...LOL

so he hung up, then he called back, so she calls back and says dangit he keeps calling, im gonna put him thru to you but when you get him on the line you let him have it....LOL

I didnt even bother to tell her, who he was..... eediat!

Timeline

Oh, I am sure they are cultural, but you need to make them understand that your son understands English perfectly and that English is his native tongue..so ESOL is wrong... English is NOT his second language! I dont think they can push the issue. If he understands them perfectly, then there should be no problem! Ask them what his word-sight recognition (dolche words) is, his fluency, his letter recognition, etc., Be very specific in getting them to indentify the "language barrier" using these diagnostic tools. If he does in fact, understand and speak proper english..their defense will crumble.

hey- i sound like I know what I am talking about there, huh? hahaha.

I mean- I do..but I was impressed. hahaha

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Jamaicans cannot be the only accent those teachers have to deal with in D.C. WTH is that, Tre?

JG, I don't know. At my son's school they have kids from all over the world. The school is almost 40% hispanic. She's concerned. No, worries I just got an e-mail, they want to meet with me next week. We'll see what happens. When she insisted that Jamaicans speak another language I damn near went through the roof...but I held it together.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

noone even laughed at the PUM PUM nickname

:blush:

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline
noone even laughed at the PUM PUM nickname

:blush:

I did. I just yelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to my dog and cat. They think I'm crazy now!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

JG, I don't know. At my son's school they have kids from all over the world. The school is almost 40% hispanic. She's concerned. No, worries I just got an e-mail, they want to meet with me next week. We'll see what happens. When she insisted that Jamaicans speak another language I damn near went through the roof...but I held it together.

Oh, they THINK they want to talk to you. I'm betting in the end, they are going to regret that decision. Give 'em hell, Tre.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Shrew,

What you typed sounded like the letter my parents wrote to the DC school board back in 1979. She says she observed Auri speaking another language and it was not English. Have you ever tried to explain something to someone who was just not getting it? I guess she'll get it next week.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.