SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

SUS, where did you go? You asked if I would be in Negril in another topic-Filling Status Questions-. The answer is yes. I will be in Negril with Steve Dec 31- Jan 13..... :jest::dancing: I see your timeline has you arriving a few days before me to JA, will you be in Negril? Maybe we could hook up????

Hey Claire, whaa gwaan?

Hey Mrs. (waving). Nothing is going on. Just sitting here by my lonesome on the couch catching up and watching some TV. I know you can't wait to go to Ja to see your honey. How is school going?

You are too right.......I have ants in my pants about going!!!! Just thinking about the advice and such I get I here.....the other day day Steve and I sorta got into it about me not texting him before I went to work and he was worried all day because no message or nothing. He later said he was just making war with me ova nutting! Other's have said on here that the closer the trip gets the more the spats get........

School is good actually! I can't believe I am saying that now. I really wanted to quit in the beginning! My midterm grade was a B. And although my diabetes has taken a cr*p on me these past few weeks from stress and such, I am over all good with school! Thanks for asking. Forgive me for asking if I have already asked and forgotten...what kind of nurse are you? I mean what department do you work in?

Hey Mrs. Just saw your question this morning. I have been a critical care nurse for over 8 years now and work in the medical/surgical intensive care unit in Raleigh, NC

Claire - you're so smart.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes, I drank some. We all did. We went there one night and got there after they closed. My SIL talked the guard....in his barely there underwear.....to give us a milk jug full of that water. It really did glow the whole way home. So pretty. The kids were in awe. We tried it to see if it would glow when it came out. It didn't. Did make us all sort of sick though. Hee hee.

When we went back to actually take in the sights, I refused to drink it again!

:rofl: That is too funny! Glowing water? How does that happen?

Oooooh............my first job as Nancy Drew!

Glistening Waters is located middway between the town of Falmouth and the Trelawny Beach Hotel on the main road between Montego Bay and Ocho Rios.

Many visitors take a boat tour at night to see the amazing natural phosphorescence in the waters just offshore. If you take a swim, your whole body will glow in the dark!

glistening_w_boats.jpg

From information given by scientists from the John Hopkins University, the correct term for the light in this bay is bioluminescence, because it is produced by small living animals known as dinoflagellates. The organism responsible for the light produced here bears the scientific name pryodinium bahamene, and is so small a microscope is required to see a single individual. What appears to be a flash of light is really the result of thousands of flashes, each generated by a single animal.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I wish you good luck Portland!! It'll all work out.

I hope it works out for you as well Portland :D Good luck!

Thanks Yaads, and KK...

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
I hope we haven't ran JAEyes away. Come back and let us know ur thoughts.

I hope not either. Considering though that she asked what the embassy would think about that and no one really answered that part and all kinda jumped on the same bandwagon I don't see her coming back and being too happy. Kinda the whole raining on their parade thing.

The embassy is going to look at visits, phone calls, time between meeting and marriage......all of it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
JG -- about glistening waters...OMG...is all I'm going to say. I'm so glad someone outside of Jamaica know that. Maries it's beautiful though at night when then moon is full just beautiful.... ok mi food a bun up likkle more...

I think I remember them saying there are only 1 or 2 other countries (islands?) where that water does that. That makes it's very cool to be able to see it in JA.

Did you swim in it, Tre?

Swim...u musah mad...I don't even want my feet touching the water...I saw several people with their feet int he water they like it when the fish swim up and nibble on their feet.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

[/b]

Hey Mrs. Just saw your question this morning. I have been a critical care nurse for over 8 years now and work in the medical/surgical intensive care unit in Raleigh, NC

My best friend just moved to Raleigh about a month ago! She loves it down there! Still can't find a job but she said its nice, hoping to go visit soon!

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

Timeline
I hope we haven't ran JAEyes away. Come back and let us know ur thoughts.

I hope not either. Considering though that she asked what the embassy would think about that and no one really answered that part and all kinda jumped on the same bandwagon I don't see her coming back and being too happy. Kinda the whole raining on their parade thing.

I hope not either - But I don't think anyone was cruel to her -- I think we were all trying to be brutally honest based upon what we have experienced or seen -- Ultimately, it's her choice, her life - and I would be here to support her decision either way -she has to live her life, not me. I just think hearing all the stuff can help -

I think that if you asked any one of us here if we were 100% confident in what we were doing all the time, you would be hard pressed to find one of us who honestly could answer yes - I know we all have those - Am I f*******n crazy? Moments - Not that we doubt our love, but you can't go through this process without having some of those -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Swim...u musah mad...I don't even want my feet touching the water...I saw several people with their feet int he water they like it when the fish swim up and nibble on their feet.

LOL - In JA, I am used to the fish - Not that I like them, but they are usually small. When I went to the Bahamas, those suckers could feed a family of 8!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ahhaaa...Yaads mi agree wid everyting yuh seh...

BTW oofah bandwagon everybody a jump pon wid yuh brite self

she no waan hear she sure gwaan feel...mi sure shi will come back she nah look fi answers :rofl::bonk:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
From information given by scientists from the John Hopkins University, the correct term for the light in this bay is bioluminescence, because it is produced by small living animals known as dinoflagellates. The organism responsible for the light produced here bears the scientific name pryodinium bahamene, and is so small a microscope is required to see a single individual. What appears to be a flash of light is really the result of thousands of flashes, each generated by a single animal.

And you drank that?!?!?!

Thanks for the info. I don't know if I would be going in that water anytime soon :unsure:

Filed: Timeline

JAEye;

I do hope you come back. We're not trying to scare you in anyway, we just want you to make the best decision for yourself. Trust me, I've seen too many cases go bad (not all)...but just too many. We all want to have a perfect relationship, but sometimes it just doesn't work out like that. Trust you're the the first one to have those feelings.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG..yes ur correct..dinoflagellates give off florescent light...they r used to make road reflectors and such when dry and grounded up :) i'm sure we have all drank them at some point

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
JG -- about glistening waters...OMG...is all I'm going to say. I'm so glad someone outside of Jamaica know that. Maries it's beautiful though at night when then moon is full just beautiful.... ok mi food a bun up likkle more...

I think I remember them saying there are only 1 or 2 other countries (islands?) where that water does that. That makes it's very cool to be able to see it in JA.

Did you swim in it, Tre?

It is incredible to swim in too. I didn't feel any nibbles.

And you drank that?!?!?!

Thanks for the info. I don't know if I would be going in that water anytime soon :unsure:

Yeah. Once. Only once!

It is truly amazing to swim in. You really have to try it to understand.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

So I have a question for you guys...

If you and your SO was both living in the same country do you belive that you would have gotten married? gotten married as quickly/not so quickly? or you would have done everything the same?

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~11-21-08 - Interview!

married on ~2-27-09-

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.