Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning everyone :D Another day, another dollar.

I think Yaards just volunteered, Sus.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

JAeyes...My vote is for taking your time. Most people here have taken more than on visit to Jamaica. Just relax ya self gyal.

I know of a real situation. My husband associate (long story why i won't say friend..they don't talk anymore), which I know from my many trips to jamaica. I took him like my brother. I hadn't seen him in like 2 years and would ask Ryan about him and he would say he don't see him anymore. Anyways, so he got married to a US citizen after meeting her on the beach in 3 months. She came one trip and they got married on the next on. So long story short...we found out once Ryan came up that he lives in Maryland and very close to us. So we go visit...he is so show off...so he want to show Ryan ..ow im a liv... While at their apartment,she goes on to tell me the story on how bad he is treating her. It was so sad. She even said the pastor told her at their wedding Jamaica..that HE (the husband) would be the destroyer of the marriage. He was cheating with another lady from his job and he had only been here like 5 months. He stole her new sneakers from her luggaage when she was coming back to the US from the wedding. Then when he was coming up, he talked about how he need $100 US for a luggage. She should me this tiny luggage ..I broke down on the floor laughing. :rofl: No way that thing cost $100. :wow: He is still cheating..taking her car and hanging out all night. And she admitted...that she should've just taken her time. It wouldn't have hurt to just take it slow. The true colors would've shown..anyway.

I have so many stories...don't know where to start. We ran into one of Damien's childhood friends on Valentine Day in 05. He was with his wife and infant daughter. The husband got here 3 months before Damien so we stayed in contact regarding the visa process. They invited us over for dinner one night and they fought the entire night :unsure: It bascially boiled down to she got pregnant on her second visit to JA (don't understand unprotected sex) so she filed for the K1. Well after the interview, he found out she had 3 other kids and a baby momma he was living with. She was so angry cuz he left out a few details.

Oh yeah..he only told her he has ONE daughter..the man got like 50 pickneys in Jamaica. She wonder why he is sending $300 a pop down to JA.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thannks JG (re: starfish)...I wanna stay there for a few days when I go in January. I've never stayed at a resort in JA so I'm really excited :dance:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I just called in my boss’s office with my boss and my HR Rep..... Not good! So they wanted me to informed me that my position was going be eliminated, which I fully expected since I work mostly on projects and 90% of them have been put on hold until after the divestures... They are not sure when it will happen they are thinking after thanksgiving.... And I just got a called from the recruited for the position I interviewed for in Stamford, they decided to go with the other candidate because they had more experience...

But, she has another position in Westport CT, Sus, Kimmy are you guys familiar with that area?

Sorry, Good Morning everyone!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: Timeline

Sorry, Marie; I'm here frying dumplings

Starfish is okay, nothing wowed me not sure if it's because I've only really stayed there just for a wedding. I've been there several times the last time was with Marcel and the bellhop stole his watch (he's no longer there) thanks to some of my cousins that work there. The place is always packed especially on the weekends. When you book your reservation make sure to ask if any convetions or anything like that is at the hotel that week (i.e. teachers conventions) they gave away our room, so we ended up in a cottage free for 3 days. cottage is nice and big it's just away from everything.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
JAeyes...My vote is for taking your time. Most people here have taken more than on visit to Jamaica. Just relax ya self gyal.

I know of a real situation. My husband associate (long story why i won't say friend..they don't talk anymore), which I know from my many trips to jamaica. I took him like my brother. I hadn't seen him in like 2 years and would ask Ryan about him and he would say he don't see him anymore. Anyways, so he got married to a US citizen after meeting her on the beach in 3 months. She came one trip and they got married on the next on. So long story short...we found out once Ryan came up that he lives in Maryland and very close to us. So we go visit...he is so show off...so he want to show Ryan ..ow im a liv... While at their apartment,she goes on to tell me the story on how bad he is treating her. It was so sad. She even said the pastor told her at their wedding Jamaica..that HE (the husband) would be the destroyer of the marriage. He was cheating with another lady from his job and he had only been here like 5 months. He stole her new sneakers from her luggaage when she was coming back to the US from the wedding. Then when he was coming up, he talked about how he need $100 US for a luggage. She should me this tiny luggage ..I broke down on the floor laughing. :rofl: No way that thing cost $100. :wow: He is still cheating..taking her car and hanging out all night. And she admitted...that she should've just taken her time. It wouldn't have hurt to just take it slow. The true colors would've shown..anyway.

I have so many stories...don't know where to start. We ran into one of Damien's childhood friends on Valentine Day in 05. He was with his wife and infant daughter. The husband got here 3 months before Damien so we stayed in contact regarding the visa process. They invited us over for dinner one night and they fought the entire night :unsure: It bascially boiled down to she got pregnant on her second visit to JA (don't understand unprotected sex) so she filed for the K1. Well after the interview, he found out she had 3 other kids and a baby momma he was living with. She was so angry cuz he left out a few details.

Oh yeah..he only told her he has ONE daughter..the man got like 50 pickneys in Jamaica. She wonder why he is sending $300 a pop down to JA.

That is definately a common story.

Andre had a friend who lived with him on and off, Paul. Paul "met", if you can even call it that, this girl through his cousin. She is Jamaican born and living in Canada since she was 17. She has one daughter and they were living with her father. So, she calls Paul in April of 2006 and they start this telephone romance. I spoke to her a few times in May of that year and she was calling him "her husband" and planning their August wedding. They had not even met face to face yet. Did I mention while I love Paul, he is an unemployed country boy who is sort of a drifter. He can cook like there is no tomorrow; but otherwise, has no real skills.

So, in August, this gal comes to JA to meet and marry Paul. The first week she is there, they marry. The 2nd week, they travel, visiting her family and friends. She leaves JA after two weeks and goes back to Canada to file for a visa for Paul.

We talked to Andre's mom last week. This girl has never been back to JA since. She is now filing for divorce. He never made it to Canada. They never saw each other again. Game over.

I kept telling her and him that they needed to get to know each other better.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
BECAUSE HE IS TALKING ABOUT MARRIAGE AFTER 1 TRIP AND 14 DAYS. Come on now!

I hear you and agree. The point I was trying to make was that if her head is buried in the sand now and she doesn't want to see reality it really won't matter how many trips she makes back and forth. If he played her for 2 weeks and she comes back in Dec he will play her again, if that is his intention. If you are taking trips back and forth but refusing to open your eyes and let your mind guide you and not your heart and pum pum it really isn't going to make much of a difference one visit or ten. If in your mind you are sure that you are in love and soulmates and meant to be do you really think you would be looking for or even care about red flags? Not a chance.

I think this whole thing is sketchy - 2 weeks of knowing each other, already planning a wedding, sister falls in love too etc. While we can give great advice it really comes down to if the person is going to open their mind and accept that advice. There has been PLENTY of times where good and true advice was given on this board and the person thinks "oh not me...never could be me" and they end up getting played in the end. Too each their own...at least we tried to help. Hopefully JAEyes will heed our warnings but from the sound of her post...not sure that is going to happen.

Timeline

Portland, Westport is a rich community - Nice and quiet, on the water - Quaint little main street with high end shops. There are more and more companies moving out that way, but it's definitely a town not a city. There is a train from NYC that stops in Westport, and there is a mini-bus system to get to main areas, it depends on what part of Westport -

Rents would probably be high, but you can live in Norwalk or Fairfield for cheaper - the next towns.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Thannks JG (re: starfish)...I wanna stay there for a few days when I go in January. I've never stayed at a resort in JA so I'm really excited :dance:

If you haven't been to glistening waters, it's worth the visit while you are so close. It is incredibly beautiful. Make sure you go at night and that you swim when you do.

(No matter what anyone tells you, Marie, don't drink the water. You will not pee in florescent colors!)

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I agree.

I've personally met lots of couples who did not make it. Or stay together miserable as hell. So many horror stories out there.

True, there are some successful stories..including mine. I used to say that Damien changed when he got here when in reality we didn't know each other. Things could have gone either way.

Jonesie - take the pole dance class. It will be so much fun. I take striptease once a month...good exercise.

While there are success stories there are just as many horror stories unfortunately. And even of the success stories it hasn't been without trial and tribulation. Marriage isn't easy. Add in a spouse with a different culture and way of life and it just gets more complicated. Yes it is possible to have a successful marriage but it sure isn't the easy road by any means.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.