SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Stupid Terry McMillan.

thanks jg for clearing that up for me because i thought i created some enemies.

No, girl. It's all good.

Just to clarify that comment.....My point was, Terry McMillan planted that thought is people's head. She's not the only one either; but she is the most prominent.

It should not matter where you met your SO.....whether in JA in a hotel, at the airport, at a club, grew up with him all your life, through your family, while volunteering, through your Church, through your job, on vacation, whatever........I personally don't think you should ever be ashamed to say it out loud. If people have that thought in their head that is their problem, not yours. And, if it bothers you, you have to work through that.

If your relationship works, if you are happy, if you treat each other right, mutual respect, a life together....that is ALL that should matter and it should matter to the two of you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hi Classy & Nelly. How are you two doing?

Hi Honey too. I just haven't seen those 2 in a while to ask them. I figure you will post eventually.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
No Roxie no journey for me cancel it but me and him are still friends,I will see him next week

when were you scheduled to come to jamaica? sorry if i am a little curious but are you saying that you are no longer involved with your SO.

I AM COMING NEXT WEEK ON THE 13TH WE ARE FRIENDS THATS ALL BUT I DO PLAN ON HANGING OUT WITH HIM MOST OF MY TIME THERE

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline
No Roxie no journey for me cancel it but me and him are still friends,I will see him next week

when were you scheduled to come to jamaica? sorry if i am a little curious but are you saying that you are no longer involved with your SO.

I AM COMING NEXT WEEK ON THE 13TH WE ARE FRIENDS THATS ALL BUT I DO PLAN ON HANGING OUT WITH HIM MOST OF MY TIME THERE

Hope you have fun, Nelly.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I don't know if I said it or not to you, Classy or Nelly, but we aren't coming to Chicago later this week. Financially, things didn't work out and we had to postpone. I promise if and when we make it back up there...which we are hoping is sometime next spring or summer, I will shout out to you two and see if you will be around then to meet up. I'm sad we aren't going this time.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HEy ladies, just catching up on the thread. I am just getting in from work not to long ago and still to wound up to go to bed. Saturday i had a HORRIBLE SHIFT with the kids, they were like wild animals though i didnt have to change any poop but the kids were awful behavior wise. Today was a better shift though still difficult. Yesterday one of the kids ran out of the house and climbed on a staffs car and jumped up and down on the roof of her car ( Not mine thankfully, or i would be unemployed today)...LOL... it took everything in me not to snatch a hole in this kidz azz, i gotta remember these kids have problems. ANyhoo, just wanted to add to the conversation from earlier... IT bothers me to no end, when i go to JA all the stares and glares i get. I tell dwayne im brown llike you, what the hell is the problem, it makes me uncomfortable at times and even when me and him go places to eat, i got women eyeballing me. its bad enough dealing with racism in the states but to go somewhere were everyone is brown like you and still be treated differently is almost depressing at times. Though i have to say, after i hung out with dwayne at the round robin and was friendly and not stoosh acting people were friendly to me, then after we walked to his house and i ran and screamed a few times from all the numerous dogs roaming around, i guess i fit in.

Timeline

my computer is confused and says that all of todays post were done on yesterday and so i had to go in and adjust it for daylight savings time It is so weird cause now me and dwayne are in the same time zone, im so used to always thinking of his schedule being an hour behind. Anyhoo, i guess i will go read the paper and go to bed, you guys have a good night and i will chat with you all on tomorrow.

Timeline
This is my thing, when I get off of the plane and into the car, I hand over whatever money I budget to spend for the trip to Joel. Now, I do hold back some US dollars back for my return flight homeexpense, but when that moment on, all of my needs must be handled by my husband.

If I want a drink, I just tell Joel and he should provide, I have not had any problems yet. If I want to buy gifts, I tell him and he gives me the spending money, so I never know when we have spent more or less than what i have handed him.

It was the same here in the US, if I was paying for dinner I would hand him my credit card, and let him give it to the waitress.

Funny thing is that Steve has had this conversation with me. About it being a way of him showing he is the "man", don't take that wrong though. He just wants to know that I trust him with everything, and allow him to be the man in our relationship. For me.....that is hard! I am used to being in control and having a wreckless, careless man who would squander our money on nothing! But on the other hand, Steve has also made it a point to make sure I am well aware that he is "not out for my money" as though I got some! On my last trip he asked me for the money to pay the taxi, and he even gave me back the change! I am seriously thinking of handing over the money to let him step up to the plate. This, though, has nothing to do with superiority or race........just learning how to hand over the reigns when nedded! Learning how to be a wife and let him be the husband!

event.png

Timeline
nite all

I hate to go back, but Kimmy...when you said that people treated others differently when they found out they were white up here, did they make a comment to you on the PM or was it here on the public forum, because when I try to think back, I can't recall anyone saying anything out of the way when someone revealed they were white. This really is going to bother me... :wacko:

gotta watch the comments and who they are made to or never to

Hhhmmmmm, my thought is that on here in particular there is a bit of a clique at times. Many people can't get in on the conversation and when they do put in they are often ignored. Now this observation may be way off from what you are refering to, but it happens!

event.png

Filed: Timeline

HEY JOMO, I AM DOING GOOD I SHOULD BE DOING MY HOMEWORK BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO I RATHER BE ON HERE. WOW SORRY TO HEAR YOU ALL WILL NOT MAKE IT, BUT WHEN EVER YOU COME JUST HIT ME UP OK, AND TRUST ME I PLAN ON HAVING NOTHING BUT FUN WHEN I GET TO JAMAICA.

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline
Hi Classy & Nelly. How are you two doing?

Hi Honey too. I just haven't seen those 2 in a while to ask them. I figure you will post eventually.

Hi JG and everyone else. I've been trying to catch up but I can't. I've been very busy and haven't had much time to keep up on the chatting. This weekend was my grandmother's wake (she passed 10/18) Boy I tell ya the Irish can party. My family is CRAZY, fun, and huge. Over 350 people came to the "Life Celebration" my Grandma planned. We went through 50 bottle of Bailey's... Lawny I thought of you! lol I drank some for ya. Tons of beer and wine (I am now a fanof White Zifandel). All while at a Catholic church (I thought you couldn't drink or smoke there but whatever, lmao)

Congrats Sunny and Marlita on having your men here :thumbs:

And Jalove congrat on the baby girl, I just know she's beautiful!

Timeline
I don't know if I said it or not to you, Classy or Nelly, but we aren't coming to Chicago later this week. Financially, things didn't work out and we had to postpone. I promise if and when we make it back up there...which we are hoping is sometime next spring or summer, I will shout out to you two and see if you will be around then to meet up. I'm sad we aren't going this time.

Well that actually works out for me because I can't do it now either. I have family in Palatine and plan to stay with them, summer would work out so much better for us. Things happen for a reason :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.