Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I AM HAVING MAJOR ISSUES TODAY...OUT PHOCKIN SYSTEM CRASHED !!!...THEY ARE DRIVING ME BANANAS

Kimmy are you sure you don't work in my job? Our doc system crashed last night - I emailed the IT person who was "working from home" - She told me to get it fixed! I replied back that I didn't feel well, I was leaving - she needed to step up and do her job - Then I called out sick this am (really am sick) - My co-worker emailed me that she came in and the server is GONE, the whole system down - So glad I stayed home!

I definitely believe in love at first sight - and have seen marriages after a short time of meeting that have worked out wonderfully - I have also seen some crash and burn. I think that each individual person needs to think long and hard about it and ultimately make their own choices on what is right and what is wrong for them - No one else can tell you what works for you, all they can do is give their opinion.

Kimmy was blunt, but not trying to be cruel, JAEyes - I have my doubts too that you and your sister both met your soul mate on the same trip - and are they friends?

Questions to ask for yourself -

Was this your first trip to Jamaica? Have you been around any Jamaican culture before, do you understand the differences that exist?

Did you pay for things, or did he come out of his pocket?

Was he working during the day when you were there, or was he mysteriously able to take two weeks off from work and spend time with you while you were there?

Did he take you to his real house, did he introduce you to his family?

Does he have any children, has he been married before?

If he has children, does he have custody of them - are they coming with him?

Do you have children, how will they react?

How will your family react, are they supportive?

Does he have a criminal record?

Did he graduate High School, go to college, can he read and write?

How many foreign women has he dated, has he ever filed for a visa before with any of them?

Does he have credit on his phone to call you and talk, or are you the one calling and spending the money?

Has he hinted towards needing money, have you sent him any?

We all know how easy it is to get caught up in the romance of the island - but it's a different thing when reality kicks in once you are back home. We have all seen it many times - especially those who have travelled back and forth for years - Women have built houses for men, only to land in JA and find another woman living in it - Or filed a visa, only to find out the man had 3 other pending applications,.... the stories are out there, search around. This is a difficult process in itself - You have to make your own choices and do what you feel is best - no one else can make the decision. But, since you asked for opinions, I would honestly say slow down a bit, think about it, visit at least once more - Visit over Christmas, don't get married - if you still want it, you can file the K1 and he'll probably be here faster than he would if you married over Christmas.

:wow: 21 questions - Sus

LOL - She doesn't have to answer them to us - Just things she should think about for herself, not all of which are things that you think about.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok..dis here one is fi JAeyes..

1st of all chica how old are you? if you don't mind me asking. What in the world would posses u to want to marry someone u know on vacation in 2 wks? does it strike u odd that u AND ur sister both found "love" in the same place? did u go looking for someone or did they find you? He is using you for a green card my girl..yes mi believe inna love at 1st sight but lets be real with ourselves...have u even been to JA before? yuh undastan wah mi a write seh? if not u have a serious problem. u need to proove ur relationship to the embassy..do u know if they have criminal histories...girl don't be fooled by the blue waters and di glass bottom boat..HE IS USING YOU !!

Bwaay Kimmy, mi couldn't seh it nuh betta....Yuh seh weh mi a tink, but mi cyaa badda sometimes, people nuh wah si ti trut....

EXACTLY...mi no know wah dem feel like..trust mi nah try steer nobody fi do odda dan wah dem want to BUT come be realistic come back to earth. There are a few stories on here in which the man upped and left w/o even getting a GC...ladies please please open your eyes..this is realitity

Sus..u got me dying with ur list of questions

server is oldddd...they too cheap..mind u dem ave money...server backed up to April :help: wiped out every rass ting

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Does anyone like Pink? I love her new song So What.

Yep. I think she's awesome.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
For those of you who frequent Magaritaville in Mobay, why a huge wave hit the club Friday night damn near drowned a whole bunch of people and knocked all the liqour off the shelf. They had to shut the club down Saturday for repairs.

From the hurricane that hit Cuba?

Big freakin' wave if it knocked the liquor off the shelves. That's way up inside the club. Dang.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
hi everyone

Sorry i cant get online very often. I read alot but cant sign in bc i dont want to get in trouble @ work. U all seem like nice people so i want to get ur opinion on some stuff. Me and Winston met in Jamacia in October when i was on vacation w/ my sister. I met him on the beach when we were going on a glass bottom boat thing. We instantly got along & spent all trip together it was a great two weeks. So we talk all the time since i came back and he was asking me what i thought about the future. It seems fast to some but i know in my heart it is true love. I never felt like this about anyone. I am thinking of going to Jamacia for christmas and getting married on the beach. Some people told me that the consulate will not look good at us getting married so fast. What do you think? We just want to be together already. Who is the consulate tosay we arent soulmates?????

I believe in true love and love at first sight. However, I have to agree, I think you need a few more trips. Vacation romances move very quickly cause you are more relaxed, the vibes are flowing, and the scenery is beautiful and peaceful. It's easy to think you are sure; but not know enough about someone to really be sure. We have seen it over and over again. The endings are brutal.

Don't give up on him and don't think I am saying don't go for it. But, I do suggest you slow it way down. The embassy actually does have the right to say what they want to say because they have seen it over and over again as well. It's not a bad thing to just slow down and really get to know him. He's not going anywhere.

I wish you luck.

Thank you ladies

Yes, October 08, we had such a fabulous fantastic time and talk a million times per day. I do believe in love at first and though it may seemed rushed, I wouldn't want to have missed out on my happiness just because it is so soon.

Why would you miss out on your happiness if you just slowed it down a bit?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I now have a HEART :jest::dancing::dancing::goofy:

KK how you have a heart now? No wonder you been Mrs chatty lately trying to get a heart! :angry: Why don't I have a heart. I better get busy! :whistle:

Edited by solsoeur

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
There are couples on this board who may have seen each other over a span of three trips (each trip lasting about 3-5 days, so for argument's sake lets say they spent a total of 15 days together before paperwork was filed) and say JAEyes files, but she spent an entire two weeks (14 days) with the man - seriously, what's the difference? The fact that one couple saw each other three separate times and someone else saw her loved one once?

Yes she should tread lightly but if she feels this is it, then taking one or two more trips down isn't gonna make much of a difference if her mind is already made.

For the years I've been on VJ, I've seen posts like these. This isn't the first (and by far it won't be the last) time a person from ANY country says something like this.

JAEyes whatever you decide, just be careful.

I think they are looking at the total time they have known each other and been engaged or dating or whatever.

And, one trip in a resort area as opposed to two seeing where he lives and meeting his friends and family could actually make a difference. You have to get out of the resort fantasy world.

There are couples on this board who may have seen each other over a span of three trips (each trip lasting about 3-5 days, so for argument's sake lets say they spent a total of 15 days together before paperwork was filed) and say JAEyes files, but she spent an entire two weeks (14 days) with the man - seriously, what's the difference? The fact that one couple saw each other three separate times and someone else saw her loved one once?

Yes she should tread lightly but if she feels this is it, then taking one or two more trips down isn't gonna make much of a difference if her mind is already made.

For the years I've been on VJ, I've seen posts like these. This isn't the first (and by far it won't be the last) time a person from ANY country says something like this.

very true....i think like you said she is just careful in what she decides!

I agree about the whole time thing...wether it is all in one trip or over a few trips.......my thought is that you just get a better feel of who a person is after some time has passed because you experience them over time, on the phone and in person. I know that most of our time on my first trip was spent entertaining each other, not really talking. I think my opinion about visiting a time or 2 more is based on that idea, be it right or wrong. Although, if her mind is made up then any extra visits are a moot point!

I agree MLD.

:thumbs:

You make a very valid point there. What really is the difference?

JAEyes...whatever you do be careful and follow your heart and your head.

BECAUSE HE IS TALKING ABOUT MARRIAGE AFTER 1 TRIP AND 14 DAYS. Come on now!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
My sister also met someone she is head over heels in love with and it is all just to unbelievable I think we might do a double wedding.

There were so many people on here a while ago, did I scare away everyone?

People come and go all the time especially in the evenings. I am on tonight cause the mister is sick and sleeping so I get some me time. You didn't scare anyone :no:

So your sister met a JA man while on the same trip? You guys are both considering getting married in December? Wow what were the chances of you both finding true love at the same time?!

In this day and age rare. JAEyes do your families support the relationships? If that is a touchy subject I apologize in advance.

Are the guys friends?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

1st of all chica how old are you? if you don't mind me asking. What in the world would posses u to want to marry someone u know on vacation in 2 wks? does it strike u odd that u AND ur sister both found "love" in the same place? did u go looking for someone or did they find you? He is using you for a green card my girl..yes mi believe inna love at 1st sight but lets be real with ourselves...have u even been to JA before? yuh undastan wah mi a write seh? if not u have a serious problem. u need to proove ur relationship to the embassy..do u know if they have criminal histories...girl don't be fooled by the blue waters and di glass bottom boat..HE IS USING YOU !!

A dat mi seh too - nuff ppl come a Jamaica and are amazed by di blue wata, white sand, "exotic accents" an meet a man/woman and BAM! dem inna love but naah unnastan wat di JA man/woman chat inna dem ears :lol:

Yes mi believe inna love at first site but no one has to act on those feelings immediately. Tek time fi know your partner - no rush wid "true" love. If you fraid di man/woman aggo lef, then check your true feelings about the "relationship.

This board is a perfect example - out of the 300+ yardie/farrin relationships, less than 20% of the couples are still together. Take American/American weddings - the divorce rate after the first year is 50%, now add an overseas spouse to the equation, the numbers for divorce are even higher. Not standing in judgement of anyone's relationship but keep it real - if you wouldn't marry an American man/woman after two weeks why the hell you ready to marry a Jamaican after two weeks holiday? Pappyshow...

Mi naah come pon VJ fi make friend (friend mi naah beg) but mi know seh mi aggo be the #1 henemy soon from my posts :lol: about this two week love affair

A so ie go...

I agree.

I've personally met lots of couples who did not make it. Or stay together miserable as hell. So many horror stories out there.

True, there are some successful stories..including mine. I used to say that Damien changed when he got here when in reality we didn't know each other. Things could have gone either way.

Jonesie - take the pole dance class. It will be so much fun. I take striptease once a month...good exercise.

Edited by sjb1221

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A dat mi seh too - nuff ppl come a Jamaica and are amazed by di blue wata, white sand, "exotic accents" an meet a man/woman and BAM! dem inna love but naah unnastan wat di JA man/woman chat inna dem ears :lol:

Yes mi believe inna love at first site but no one has to act on those feelings immediately. Tek time fi know your partner - no rush wid "true" love. If you fraid di man/woman aggo lef, then check your true feelings about the "relationship.

This board is a perfect example - out of the 300+ yardie/farrin relationships, less than 20% of the couples are still together. Take American/American weddings - the divorce rate after the first year is 50%, now add an overseas spouse to the equation, the numbers for divorce are even higher. Not standing in judgement of anyone's relationship but keep it real - if you wouldn't marry an American man/woman after two weeks why the hell you ready to marry a Jamaican after two weeks holiday? Pappyshow...

Mi naah come pon VJ fi make friend (friend mi naah beg) but mi know seh mi aggo be the #1 henemy soon from my posts :lol: about this two week love affair

A so ie go...

Jonesie mi nah beg fren eida...so it is what it is...and mi agree wid yuh

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Thank you, Kimmy. I thought I was the only one taking a stand here. Wondered if it was a full moon or something.

Did you see I asked if they guys were friends?

Too soon. Not saying it wouldn't work out if they got to know each other and all that....how do I know? But, saying it's way too soon.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.