SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Marlita---I was nervous before...I have a 9 and 8 year old nephews and a 3 year old neice. Never held them when they were new borns...just when they were lik 9/10 months. And I was so nervous. I held my friend's son at the hospital two days after he was born...the first newborn ever. He has a special place in my heart. :luv:

Partly because I was away in college and didn't see them all the time.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Marlita---I was nervous before...I have a 9 and 8 year old nephews and a 3 year old neice. Never held them when they were new borns...just when they were lik 9/10 months. And I was so nervous. I held my friend's son at the hospital two days after he was born...the first newborn ever. He has a special place in my heart. :luv:

oh ok. WOW! I guess that does happen though. If you dont know anyone with kids then you'd be real freaked out when you held one.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

KK don't get caught up in not knowing what to do. You will get on the job training. It might feel funny the first few weeks after the baby is born(that is how I felt with my oldest) but soon enough you will know what to do to take care of the baby. Don't worry about the pain you will never remember just how painful it is until you are back up on that table again! LOL oh you will remember it hurt but the full extent of that pain will fade until you are back up on the table again and by then it is too late! :rofl:

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
I've been looking at this website that lists the sales items before the stores publish them. I really don't have anything in mind that I will need to get so early.

I've never did Black Friday. I guess once we have kids and the need to buy the expensive !!!!! toys. I will have myself in the stores after Thanksgiving.

I know ur right..see, i'm so practical it's not even funny..if u can't use it u won't get it :blink: u need it u got it..my girlfriend (a must top u person) says she's gonna get her 4yr old a PSP? i'm like whats that? a hand held game..1st of all does she know how hard u have to work for that $200 or whatever it costs? kids must understand why they are getting things not just because..my opinion. Kimora now know's that daddy and mommy goes to work so we can eat..

Just saw this post, but its interesting, cause the pastor just talked about this in church yesterday. How parents dont know what they are doing to their children by not teaching them the value of their money or how kids always get the newest toy out but soon as the parent tells them no the kids acts a fool like they deserve the gift or something. Its gotta be hard having kids and wanting to give them stuff, but also wanting to teach them responsibility.

Ok question: :ot:

What yall think about little boys with both ears pierced? I mean like a 1 year old. I see these little boys with both ears pierced, and long hair in ponytails and little man clothing with jeans and timbs and a gold chain and I am like "what in the world". They look like mini versions of the guy on the corner. Do you think this is ok?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Now that I think about it...Ryan never spoke it to me but boy did his text message read like patios. :rofl: Okay..I can't laugh at my honey.. :rofl::rofl:

Jalove - Would you do it again? have another baby?

uh yup :) but i would love to have my fibroids out first! they caused some drama.

Okay this makes me feel like I can do it. I'm so scared. I don't like pain...I can't swallow pills....I just held a new born baby for the first time two years ago. How will I know what to do????

:wacko::blink:

ok hear me out...im such a punk n queen of pain ok if I can do it anyone can TRUST ME ...i went thru 3 days of different attempts so imagine!! :blink: first day some lil pills they kept puttin up in my cervix snd day baloon in my cervix i screamed like a banchee den third day petocin so all that stuff worked the baby down by ten min of real contractions with that petocin i was like EPIDURAL PLS N FASTTTT so u can do it u prolly dont have all the issues i had so ur experience may be diff. I was in a teachin hospital so for the darn delivery some stuff went wrong i swear bout 5 set o hands was up in my hoo haa makin sure all was well it was greys anatomy up in the room litterally. And everyone wanted to introduce themselves n explain wha they was bout to do i got to the point where i told them ok get to the point of the matter :)

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline

JALOVE...Mi pungkin just cute so..favor har daddy :)

Lita..oh heck no mi nah bore mi boy pickney ears not 1 much less 2

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
:idea: Are you older or younger than your SO? how many years?

Disclaimer: I've been away from this site for a while...so this may have been asked.

I am younger by 3 and a half years. According to Steve I am just a baby!!!! :rofl: Age is nuttin' but a number that defines how long we have been here, not how much life we have lived!

Edited by mrsladyd
event.png

Timeline

Disclaimer: I've been away from this site for a while...so this may have been asked.

I am younger by 3 and a half years. According to Steve I am just a baby!!!! :rofl: Age is nuttin' but a number that defines how long we have been here, not how much life we have lived!

Hey Lady D, hi Honey, hello everyone. Hey go to my topic about filing status and fill in any info you might have.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
I've been looking at this website that lists the sales items before the stores publish them. I really don't have anything in mind that I will need to get so early.

I've never did Black Friday. I guess once we have kids and the need to buy the expensive !!!!! toys. I will have myself in the stores after Thanksgiving.

I know ur right..see, i'm so practical it's not even funny..if u can't use it u won't get it :blink: u need it u got it..my girlfriend (a must top u person) says she's gonna get her 4yr old a PSP? i'm like whats that? a hand held game..1st of all does she know how hard u have to work for that $200 or whatever it costs? kids must understand why they are getting things not just because..my opinion. Kimora now know's that daddy and mommy goes to work so we can eat..

Just saw this post, but its interesting, cause the pastor just talked about this in church yesterday. How parents dont know what they are doing to their children by not teaching them the value of their money or how kids always get the newest toy out but soon as the parent tells them no the kids acts a fool like they deserve the gift or something. Its gotta be hard having kids and wanting to give them stuff, but also wanting to teach them responsibility.

What yall think about little boys with both ears pierced? I mean like a 1 year old. I see these little boys with both ears pierced, and long hair in ponytails and little man clothing with jeans and timbs and a gold chain and I am like "what in the world". They look like mini versions of the guy on the corner. Do you think this is ok?

HHmmmmmmm, I sorta thin they are lil' cuties! but 2 ears pierced? Back in the day my older son came home from a visit with his dumb a$$ daddy with both ears pierced...best believe I took out the second one. I must say however that I did approve of having one ear pierced. Mind you I was 17 years old at the time and have made better decisions with our second child. Now if these boys look like they should have a sack of rocks and gold teeth?? That is a problem! But if they just look like they stepped out of a magazine ad for CK or Timberland??? I think that is alright!

Hey Lady D, hi Honey, hello everyone. Hey go to my topic about filing status and fill in any info you might have.

Hey Sol......where do I find the topic posted?

Oops, never mind just saw it below........

Edited by mrsladyd
event.png

Filed: Timeline
Hey Yardies!

Kimmy, love the pics of the girls. Tru Cuties!

Hey Gilli! Miss you girl.

Ray and I had a wonderful time out with KK, Manya and Lawns. Can't wait to hang out again with you guy's. He loved having company at the house.

Dats why me couldt fine Lawny :angry::angry:

Love you Claire, we need to chat. Mi ago find di numbah

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

HHmmmmmmm, I sorta thin they are lil' cuties! but 2 ears pierced? Back in the day my older son came home from a visit with his dumb a$$ daddy with both ears pierced...best believe I took out the second one. I must say however that I did approve of having one ear pierced. Mind you I was 17 years old at the time and have made better decisions with our second child. Now if these boys look like they should have a sack of rocks and gold teeth?? That is a problem! But if they just look like they stepped out of a magazine ad for CK or Timberland??? I think that is alright!

Hey Sol......where do I find the topic posted?

Oops, never mind just saw it below........

In case other people can't find it http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=161338

William Arthur Ward

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey yardies happy monday.... need a favor...anyone got idea for good callin card i need ta call da UK. I normally use IDTcalls but that site is down! for months now dunno why. Then, Ringyard costs way more to call UK.

Here is Miss SaNaa sorry so late for the post.....

sanaa.jpg

Just beautiful - another gorgeous baby girl :yes:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

JALove, Sanaa is so beautiful! She looks so alert, love the pic!

KK - being a parent comes naturally to most people - there are some things now and again that you might goof, but not enough to do harm - When my sister had her first son, she kept feeding him over and over - then got stressed bc he stopped eating, and called the nurse frantic - She had never burped the little guy for 24 hours - he was so full of gas, he couldn't eat! One pat on the back and it all came out, lol - I was shocked - couldn't believe she didn't know to burp a baby - we both babysat!

As for the age question - I am older than DJ by 10 years -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline
I have to just take my time when I'm reading the Patios. My husband doesn't speak to me in patios..I have to hear it when he speak to his family or friend. But he has never talk straight patios to me. I have to make him say some words so that I use them (heeheehe). And he says..he cant do it. Proper english im a talk.

Lots of people who speak can chat patois and speak English good, find it hard to speak patois to a person who DOESNT speak patois. its like an automatic off switch on the patois and instant Queens English. My husband says that all the time. But I had friends like that too. Could not speak their native language to other Americans. I guess its a bit hard to do. Just start learn fi chat unnu own patwah an im sure fi join in.

Lita,

That's been me since I got to this country. Sometimes I forget when I'm doing a presentation and my coworkers start to laugh...then they try to follow.

JAH'LOVE;

Babes that is 100% Chris. I know you did all the hard work, but that's Chris all the way.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hey yardies happy monday.... need a favor...anyone got idea for good callin card i need ta call da UK. I normally use IDTcalls but that site is down! for months now dunno why. Then, Ringyard costs way more to call UK.

Here is Miss SaNaa sorry so late for the post.....

sanaa.jpg

Just beautiful - another gorgeous baby girl :yes:

JALOVE- she is gorgeous! So thankful to hear that you are on the mend..........

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.