SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
do we honestly think that men/women after growing up with their culture would throw every ounce of it thru the window? i don't this so

I don't get you. I think I had too much to drink. I can't figure JG out very well either.... :wacko:

hahaa..what i was trying to say is ppl won't just give up what they have known for all their life just by moving. They will miss something about thei culture..thats why so many have such a hard time adjusting. i believe the older u are the harder it is to adapt another culture

Got it this time!! I agree - but honestly, unless you had a horrible life in that culture that would make you want to forget it, you should never give it up and be expected to give it up.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs. P, you are so right, the respect from the community must be earned. When I am with my husband in Jamaica, I always let him take the lead. If we go to a store to buy something to eat or drink, I let him pay. I just step back from the counter and let him provide. In Jamaica, all funds are our money, their is no separation. I generally hand him my american dollars, so he can convert them to JA dollars. I never carry an JA dollars on me, unless I am with his mother.

Timeline
Island don't fell bad he!! I thought me and my girlfriend were going to have to fight two women in Jamaica and we are black. Girl I had taken off my shoes and earrings and was asking for some Vaseline( just in case someone don't no about the vaseline it't to keep your face from being scatched-up am I a hoodlum or what) But I understood their rudeness I would probably be rude to because some people just come to Jamaica to get there freak on. I actually came to me another man I had been talking to for 2 years and met and fell in love with my Husband. They are losing so many men to so many different people, some are just angry. And then again some could careless and are happy.

:rofl: Lawny just taught me all about the use of vaseoline!!! Up here we use it for chapped cheeks in the winter. :rofl:

I understand that. When we are checking into the hotel I get the feeling some people are thinking that. That's when I step up the respect for him even more and show them he's not my giglio, but my partner.

I think it also makes a difference when you are actually in their homes and in their neighborhood. I believe that you are given more respect most times if locals see you shopping with your man (or alone) in the grocery store. Showering outside like the rest, doing laundry, going to the local beach to get fish (my absolute favorite thing to do btw) and watch all the men get rowdy over the fish, etc. When folks are able to see that you accept the man in his environment, and not just when he's walking around with you on the nice resorts, then they can feel a little differently about you and the genuiness of your relationship (not that you should have to prove anything to them anyway, but it is what it is)

Funny thing MrsPalmer I did the shower thing and it was 4 pole and a blue tarp and when I asked my husband could anyone see me he said no. I said hell I know if I can see them They can se my big old rusty Butt. :rofl:

If any of you had looked out your plane window upon landing or take off at Sangster, you had a chance to catch a glimpse of one of us. After a while, it grew on me.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG u right about the mother thing :devil: although hubby has never direspected her..not in his nature

who wants to hear a new story

I get what ur saying Island but usually its not the culture it's the horror ppl but in the culture

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
i have been reading this post and i can honestly say i don't understand the conversation.i hope it's not because i said i can't read patois because despite this thread, I CAN'T READ PATOIS. that's the truth. if it's not about that statement i am lost.i really don't understand the question and i am trying to keep up to get the reasoning behind this conversations.

jakeswife

What part Jakeswife?

well i am not sure how the conversation came about concerning black men and white women and when i read further it seem the conversation went to patois. so i thought it was created because i mention that i have a hard time reading patois.

Timeline
JG u right about the mother thing :devil: although hubby has never direspected her..not in his nature

I get what ur saying Island but usually its not the culture it's the horror ppl but in the culture

Me, me!

Island don't fell bad he!! I thought me and my girlfriend were going to have to fight two women in Jamaica and we are black. Girl I had taken off my shoes and earrings and was asking for some Vaseline( just in case someone don't no about the vaseline it't to keep your face from being scatched-up am I a hoodlum or what) But I understood their rudeness I would probably be rude to because some people just come to Jamaica to get there freak on. I actually came to me another man I had been talking to for 2 years and met and fell in love with my Husband. They are losing so many men to so many different people, some are just angry. And then again some could careless and are happy.

:rofl: Lawny just taught me all about the use of vaseoline!!! Up here we use it for chapped cheeks in the winter. :rofl:

I understand that. When we are checking into the hotel I get the feeling some people are thinking that. That's when I step up the respect for him even more and show them he's not my giglio, but my partner.

I think it also makes a difference when you are actually in their homes and in their neighborhood. I believe that you are given more respect most times if locals see you shopping with your man (or alone) in the grocery store. Showering outside like the rest, doing laundry, going to the local beach to get fish (my absolute favorite thing to do btw) and watch all the men get rowdy over the fish, etc. When folks are able to see that you accept the man in his environment, and not just when he's walking around with you on the nice resorts, then they can feel a little differently about you and the genuiness of your relationship (not that you should have to prove anything to them anyway, but it is what it is)

Funny thing MrsPalmer I did the shower thing and it was 4 pole and a blue tarp and when I asked my husband could anyone see me he said no. I said hell I know if I can see them They can se my big old rusty Butt. :rofl:

If any of you had looked out your plane window upon landing or take off at Sangster, you had a chance to catch a glimpse of one of us. After a while, it grew on me.

I can just see it on the news (NEW IN JAMAICA ON YOUTUBE THE ART OF TAKING A SHOWER OUTSIDE) Skinny white Girl big busted black girl and both of us Waving. :rofl:

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Timeline
i have been reading this post and i can honestly say i don't understand the conversation.i hope it's not because i said i can't read patois because despite this thread, I CAN'T READ PATOIS. that's the truth. if it's not about that statement i am lost.i really don't understand the question and i am trying to keep up to get the reasoning behind this conversations.

jakeswife

What part Jakeswife?

well i am not sure how the conversation came about concerning black men and white women and when i read further it seem the conversation went to patois. so i thought it was created because i mention that i have a hard time reading patois.

where did it go to Patois..if it did it was maybe one line...this exactly how i talk..ppl think i'm crazy

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Mrs. P, you are so right, the respect from the community must be earned. When I am with my husband in Jamaica, I always let him take the lead. If we go to a store to buy something to eat or drink, I let him pay. I just step back from the counter and let him provide. In Jamaica, all funds are our money, their is no separation. I generally hand him my american dollars, so he can convert them to JA dollars. I never carry an JA dollars on me, unless I am with his mother.

Rox, it took me awhile to learn this, but once I did, things were definitely smoother for the 2 of us when I was down there. Initially it was very hard for me to let him take the lead, and I would just pay for something or whatever for us and not think about it. Now he was never greedy about it, but he would look at me a little weird. Or he would offer to pay for something, and because I would feel bad that he did not have alot of money I would say no and then pay. We eventually had the talk (or he talked to me) about how important it was for him to be able to do something for me. Even if it was just buying a dinner or drinks...whatever. Since then, I do make it a point to make sure that I let him pay and kind of let him feel like "the man" in front of his boys sometimes. Since they have always treated me with respect, and he's a good man, I don't have a problem with falling back sometime.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

No, Andre either, Kimmy.

New story?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

So, on that note if it's okay for farrin to keep their culture, why is it not okay for Blacks in the US to have their own culture. Such as Rap music... note I am not a big fan of Rap music, but I don't believe it should be censored either. Rap is a culture thing.

Timeline

I can just see it on the news (NEW IN JAMAICA ON YOUTUBE THE ART OF TAKING A SHOWER OUTSIDE) Skinny white Girl big busted black girl and both of us Waving. :rofl:

Awwww.....I think I love you just for the skinny comment!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

So it looks like I'm going to have to go to bed without Kimmy's bedtime story. I'll have to read it tomorrow.

Night Ladies.

BTW - Where is Honey?? Hope she's not chasing any kids.....

Timeline

jakeswife

What part Jakeswife?

It's alright, JW.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.