SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For those that filed K-1, how did you plan a wedding? Where did you do your wedding and reception? What was the cost of your wedding? I have been married twice before, and never wanted a wedding until now (mostly because I did not want to get married before). I have been looking a t many options for my area, but have found that even a small wedding will be an arm and a leg for us! But I will not give it up due to cost! This is it, THE ONE, so it will be all I dream of.

On another subject, Steve has found that due to a hurricane a long time ago the hospital does not have records of his immunizations. Is there somewhere else we could find them, maybe some sort of registry? If not, can we get them done with any doctor while I ma there in January or does it need to be a specific doc?

One more thing, has anyone found a need for a high school diploma in the process or once they are here?

Edited by mrsladyd
event.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
For those that filed K-1, how did you plan a wedding? Where did you do your wedding and reception? What was the cost of your wedding? I have been married twice before, and never wanted a wedding until now (mostly because I did not want to get married before). I have been looking a t many options for my area, but have found that even a small wedding will be an arm and a leg for us! But I will not give it up due to cost! This is it, THE ONE, so it will be all I dream of.

On another subject, Steve has found that due to a hurricane a long time ago the hospital does not have records of his immunizations. Is there somewhere else we could find them, maybe some sort of registry? If not, can we get them done with any doctor while I ma there in January or does it need to be a specific doc?

One more thing, has anyone found a need for a high school diploma in the process or once they are here?

mrsladyd - my husband had no immunization records either. i'm sure you can find out which ones he needs and do them before the medical. we just waited til the medical exam and they gave him the required ones at that time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just noticed Portlandangel timeline........hhhmmmmmmm is there hope that it will be a speedy process or did she get some sort of rush?? I129 sent 9/08 and an interview 11/08? Is that right?? Congrats to you Portland angel. Makes me want to cry.......... :crying: at the thought of Steve being here one day...

We didnt do anything special, just prayed! its happening way faster than we were ready for, but when we started this process we decided to put it in the hands of God and let him do as he sees fit, and he has definatly taken control of the situation!

Anthony couldn't find his record either, he went to the primary school, high school, and the clinic and no one had it. Then he tried to get the shots at a regular clinic but they said it would take 3 months to get all the shots. We didnt have 3 months so when he made his appt with the immigration approved doctors they told him to bring $22,000 JA. He went last week they gave him 3 shots and charged him $13,100 JA. So he can try to go to a regular clinic and see if he can get all the shots while he waits to save some money.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

mrsladyd - my husband had no immunization records either. i'm sure you can find out which ones he needs and do them before the medical. we just waited til the medical exam and they gave him the required ones at that time.

Thanks, do you happen to remember how much the whole medical cost?

event.png

Timeline
I just noticed Portlandangel timeline........hhhmmmmmmm is there hope that it will be a speedy process or did she get some sort of rush?? I129 sent 9/08 and an interview 11/08? Is that right?? Congrats to you Portland angel. Makes me want to cry.......... :crying: at the thought of Steve being here one day...

We didnt do anything special, just prayed! its happening way faster than we were ready for, but when we started this process we decided to put it in the hands of God and let him do as he sees fit, and he has definatly taken control of the situation!

Anthony couldn't find his record either, he went to the primary school, high school, and the clinic and no one had it. Then he tried to get the shots at a regular clinic but they said it would take 3 months to get all the shots. We didnt have 3 months so when he made his appt with the immigration approved doctors they told him to bring $22,000 JA. He went last week they gave him 3 shots and charged him $13,100 JA. So he can try to go to a regular clinic and see if he can get all the shots while he waits to save some money.

Just noticed that you posted how much it cost. Thanks. Did he have to get every shot required since he had no records? The time thing is why I was asking if we could do it before. I was worried that it would need to be a series of injections, the way it is here, over a period of time. Sounds like the medical appointment for the visa does them all at once?

event.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyway guys, Mike and I have been talking and he and I are trying to work things out. We talked about getting back together and taking it slowly. I told him that we should try to work things out and maybe start the new year off together.

Well, this morning he called me and told me he was ready to come back. I asked him if he was coming to visit or to stay and he said to stay. I asked him when he said in about a week or two. I told him that I was not ready because I have plans to be out of town for thanksgiving. I truely am not ready psychologically and put the thought of him coming here anytime soon in the back of my head. Right now I am just taking things one day at a time and see if things can be worked out. I am going to try and delay his returning because I am not ready.

What do you guys thinks about this???

I think you were extremely hurt, worked hard to get over it and move on, and now, it's throwing you for a loop. I think you want to give him another chance; but you are scared. I think you are extremely smart for thinking all of that. And, I think, deep down you know what you want to do and how you want to do it. Go with that, Claire. Whatever you do, do on your schedule. Rushing you is not what you need right now. Take it slow and follow your mind as well as your heart.

Thanks JG. As you say, I am a mix of emotions right now and going to just take it slowly for the time being. I want him with me but want to tred lightly and carefully as I can't deal with the emotional roller coaster.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Sending prayers Kimmy!

MrsLadyD - we had the HS diploma conversation a while ago - If he has it, I would get copies of it to bring with him. If he doesn't have it, I would look into the GED. Think of how America is - certain jobs, if he wants to go to college, etc.... he will definitely need it. Better to bring it with him than to try to get it later on.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Sending prayers Kimmy!

MrsLadyD - we had the HS diploma conversation a while ago - If he has it, I would get copies of it to bring with him. If he doesn't have it, I would look into the GED. Think of how America is - certain jobs, if he wants to go to college, etc.... he will definitely need it. Better to bring it with him than to try to get it later on.

Right, Sus. Thanks. Sometimes I just ask to get confirmation of what I am thinking would be best. I did send him to get his diploma, but what he got sounds like a letter of recommendation or refernce saying that he was a good student, soccer team, culinary class, blah blah blah. I will see when I get there in a few weeks.....I am just preparing for our application in January because I am a bit neurotic about being overly prepared! :bonk:

Edited by mrsladyd
event.png

Timeline
Anyway guys, Mike and I have been talking and he and I are trying to work things out. We talked about getting back together and taking it slowly. I told him that we should try to work things out and maybe start the new year off together.

Well, this morning he called me and told me he was ready to come back. I asked him if he was coming to visit or to stay and he said to stay. I asked him when he said in about a week or two. I told him that I was not ready because I have plans to be out of town for thanksgiving. I truely am not ready psychologically and put the thought of him coming here anytime soon in the back of my head. Right now I am just taking things one day at a time and see if things can be worked out. I am going to try and delay his returning because I am not ready.

What do you guys thinks about this???

I think you were extremely hurt, worked hard to get over it and move on, and now, it's throwing you for a loop. I think you want to give him another chance; but you are scared. I think you are extremely smart for thinking all of that. And, I think, deep down you know what you want to do and how you want to do it. Go with that, Claire. Whatever you do, do on your schedule. Rushing you is not what you need right now. Take it slow and follow your mind as well as your heart.

Thanks JG. As you say, I am a mix of emotions right now and going to just take it slowly for the time being. I want him with me but want to tred lightly and carefully as I can't deal with the emotional roller coaster.

Wow, Clare....I had no idea you were going through a rough time. Sorry to hear it. As others have said, follow what you KNOW in your heart. Rushing will lead to more trouble and hurt. If he loves you, TRULY loves you he will respect that and do what is right for you. (L)

event.png

Timeline

I am full of questions today...Anyone familiar with the I-134 affidavit of support? I am using my mom as a co-sponsor. She and my father are still together adn they share a bank account and file joint taxes. Do we all 3 need to fill out seperate I-134's? Or does just she and I need to do it? My father is on disability and my mother has a substantial income, unfortunately I fall a few thousand short of the requirement!

If I should not ask here where else should I ask? Which forum-there are too many to choose from-?

event.png

Timeline

Have him try his school - they should have his records there.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
I am full of questions today...Anyone familiar with the I-134 affidavit of support? I am using my mom as a co-sponsor. She and my father are still together adn they share a bank account and file joint taxes. Do we all 3 need to fill out seperate I-134's? Or does just she and I need to do it? My father is on disability and my mother has a substantial income, unfortunately I fall a few thousand short of the requirement!

If I should not ask here where else should I ask? Which forum-there are too many to choose from-?

Can you have just your Mom sign as a co-sponsor? Then the two of you would fill one out - I believe your Dad would be viewed as her dependent - The guide info at the top of the page says that everyone fills one out. If I were you, I would rather be safe than sorry and have it completed by all three of you so that it is done -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.