SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Yardies....

Just wanted to post some pics of Ray during his arrival....lol He's having a wonderful time so far. Last night we went to dinner and I order ribs and he ordered chicken. Well, he ate my ribs. lol We haven't found many things that he hasn't like so far which is good. Hope all is well....

Nice pics, Michelle!! Looks like he feels right at home. Glad things are going well. (L)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
My best friend's mom died today from inoperable brain cancer. :crying::crying::crying: She was like a second mom to me.She was recently diagnosed less than a month ago.

Please say a prayer for my friend :cry::cry:

I'm so sorry Claire. Prayers for your friend. (F)

A certain sort of site, JAE?

Pretty sure you are the first Yardie I have heard say that.

Was a music site....we both collect dancehall sound tapes....

As always, great pic Jaenglish!! You must have some of the best daymn x-mas cards ever.

Hey Island! Hey Honey!

I always miss out on the discussions cuz I spend my time tryna catch up :lol:

JAE's boys are getting so big and handsome!

Me too! By the time I get to the hellos, you gals are logged off and gone to bed. :lol:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
A certain sort of site, JAE?

Pretty sure you are the first Yardie I have heard say that.

Was a music site....we both collect dancehall sound tapes....

JA...your boys are gonna be heartbreakers!

Right up there with Kimmy's girls...

shew.... watch out world! :)

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
Has everyone changed their last name to their Husband's last name once they got married?

I did

me too

at first I didnt and my passport actually still says my maiden name (I mean come on I still have like 6 years left or something) and a Jamaican guy at the airport was all chattin it up to me and then said "is that your husbands last name" and I said "no" and he said "why" and I go into this long story about being a teacher on contract and payroll that it was easier till the end of the year to change my name" and he said "your husband mus be one nice guy I wouldnt let my wife so without my name"

hmm.

whatever

Has everyone changed their last name to their Husband's last name once they got married?

i want to but it seems so complicated... :wacko:

hahaha it really isnt

all you really have to do is social security (need marriage liscense)

and drivers liscense (need marriage liscense)

those are the only really important things

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
Must be an old people thing ;)

Just teasing JG and Sus :P

heyyougardeningsmilie.gifSTFU2.gif

LOL - Just kidding! bananadevil.gif

Ha....my favorite 4 letters!

My friend just got engaged to her boyfriend, 5 months after she found out that he was cheating. They had just brought a house together. The girl called her on her cell phone to tell her that she had been seeing her boyfriend for over a year.

Brave woman. I wish her luck.

My friend just got engaged to her boyfriend, 5 months after she found out that he was cheating. They had just brought a house together. The girl called her on her cell phone to tell her that she had been seeing her boyfriend for over a year.

WAHHHHH..mek mi go find mi ninja suit mek wi go look fi him...ooo i hate cheaters..... :angry::angry:

o..wait..mek wi go look fi she..she mussi eidat wah she tink him a go suddenly change

ok mi gone a mi yaad now

Oh...but get this...I know that he is still cheating. She found text message from another woman on his cell the other day. He said...1. I don't know what you're talking about. then 2. Oh...she's nobody....then 3. Oh yeah...she is a club promoter going to get me some hooks to get in the club..4. What are you worried for?....Aren't we engaged? :bonk:

#######?

I hate men like this. What has he got that she thinks she is able to overlook this?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
SOL - She has a $3000 a month mortgage...that she can't handle along. And she doesn't want to give up HER house.

She wants me to be her Matron of Honor...I said yes...but I rethinking it.

Is it wrong for to say I don't want to take on that responsibility? I won't mind just being a brides maid. I didn't really know what the role of an Matron was until last week.

First of all, if you are uncomfortable with the situation, absolutely, it is okay to say no.

But, if it is the responsibilities and possible expenses, it is best to talk to her about what she expects of you. Then, tell her what you can and can't do. If she can't find someone else to help you out, then absolutely, it is fine to step down. I would talk to her first, though. Just so no hard feelings.

Portland....She says to me that she wants to have a wedding shower her in MD and one in Florida????? I don't know how I feel about this really. I want to be down graded to brides maid....or even just a guest.

I got married at court house...so I never went through this. My friend/family this throw me a surprise wedding shower (as I was fighting the thought of having one..hate the attention).

Tell her if she can pay for all that, including your expenses, you are all for it. WTH, is she Princess Diana or something???????????????? Have you called her Bridezilla yet?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
My best friend's mom died today from inoperable brain cancer. :crying::crying::crying: She was like a second mom to me.She was recently diagnosed less than a month ago.

Please say a prayer for my friend :cry::cry:

I am so sorry, Claire. I'll say a prayer for both of you.

Portland...good'nite mi gaane a mi bed

Washington_Monument_Dusk_Jan_2006.jpg:whistle::whistle:

You are such a shyt today! :thumbs:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
kimmy you are probably too young for that movie! :rofl:

HAHAHA that is what I just said as well. Must be an older movie.

Netflix.....I think I have watched every movie ever made!

I'm out for the day.

Have a good evening :D

Netflix - Two thumbs up :thumbs::thumbs:

Yes and no Yardie. I used to love them. A few months ago, I had to sick the better business bureau on them.

I was part of some class action law suit. As the settlement, we were given a free month of netflix. I signed up and everything THROUGH the link in the law suit settlement that they sent me. They ended up charging my credit card and no matter who I talked to, it did not get corrected. After I sicked the BBB on them, they fixed it and then had the nerve to tell me I could still have my free month. Whatever. I'm done with them.

Sus, I'm going to get you. Can't sleep waiting on a call from Jamaica. Cho man.

Everything okay in JA, Tre?

Yes, I did.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Why do you say that? It really isn't.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

hope u don't live in NY..cause then it is

Island i can't tell u my hustle :whistle: gotta have some real hard hustlin for this place i tell yah

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I did

me too

at first I didnt and my passport actually still says my maiden name (I mean come on I still have like 6 years left or something) and a Jamaican guy at the airport was all chattin it up to me and then said "is that your husbands last name" and I said "no" and he said "why" and I go into this long story about being a teacher on contract and payroll that it was easier till the end of the year to change my name" and he said "your husband mus be one nice guy I wouldnt let my wife so without my name"

hmm.

whatever

hahaha it really isnt

all you really have to do is social security (need marriage liscense)

and drivers liscense (need marriage liscense)

those are the only really important things

Passport is really easy and the same way. Also, bills, you pretty much just tell them your new name. Some wanted to see a copy of the marriage license. No big deal. I did not bother to change my car title yet.

The thing that made me cuss many times was when I went to cash in some savings bonds....OMFG....you would've thought I was public enemy #1 cause of a different name. Same damn SS# on the things. Same first name. Same middle initial. Plus, I had the marriage certificate.

I took Andre's passport pictures to the post office again today. Sent it all in Express mail cause I don't want them in the mail system for too long. I hope this means he will get his passport in a decent amount of time now.

hope u don't live in NY..cause then it is

Island i can't tell u my hustle :whistle: gotta have some real hard hustlin for this place i tell yah

What is hard about it, Kimmy?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
they won't accept ur MC from JA so u have change ur SS 1st and ur bank acct...

Man, that sucks. Is it really that different from what they have seen from any other state or country? Isn't it certified with some seal or something?

I really find it interesting cause they have no issues accepting the JA birth papers, police certificate, or non-impediment forms.

But, then again, I am having issues with JA accepting passport photos right now.

Sometimes the red tape drives me nuts.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.