SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sorry, then. It's fine like it is. Sorry, I got so picky there.

It's beautiful!

Is this directed at my question? :unsure: Cause I really was looking for input on how to add that to the poll - just not sure how to do that so was looking for some help. I am sure you know the way VJ sets up poll stuff so I can't do more than 3 questions.

maybe me :innocent:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG..are u a little iffy about this question? am i over steppin?

No not overstepping one bit. Just wondering why your wording singled out one group. That was all. No worries.

I know this was in reference to my question yesterday. Behind that question was my story about how I read it on some other threads and that was what I was referencing. I guess I was trying to get to the back story as to why you were asking the question.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok then for "Question 2 - If you were in JA when you met what was your purpose for the trip?" we could just make it "Question 2 - What was the purpose for the trip when you met?" that way it could include those whose SO was visiting here in the states for whatever reason. Does that work?

Edited by Yaads

Timeline

ok..mek mi seh dis...i am not here to judge anyone and their relationship..this was just a question that brewed in my mad head..it doesn't make u any better of different than any other...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
ok..mek mi seh dis...i am not here to judge anyone and their relationship..this was just a question that brewed in my mad head..it doesn't make u any better of different than any other...

I know it, Kimmy. Now, I know what your intentions were. That is all I was trying to get at. The whole intent behind my question(s) was just to clarify.

I don't ever think that of you. I know you are fair.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Question 1 - In what country did you meet your SO?

- US

- Jamaica

- Other

Question 2 - What was the purpose for the trip when you met?

- Vacation

- Visiting family

- Business trip/work

- Volunteer/Missions work

- Other

Question 3 - Where did you meet your SO?

- Resort/Hotel/Motel

- Beach/Local tourist attraction

- Club/Bar

- Work/business function

- Introduced by family

- Introduced by friends

- Grew up together/childhood friends

- School

- Church/Church function

- Other

This is just some rough ideas...please add more options if you can think of some so the poll can be as accurate as possible.

Edited by Yaads

Timeline

Ok..because I wanted to say some people don't mind meet a possible mate at the beach or on vacation gotta have a certain mind set i guess..same thing with internet dating if u have that mind u wouldn't see anything weird about it

me..i couldn't just go on vacation and come back and marry someone from a different country that i am not even failiar with..just my opinion...

- Jamaica

Question 2 - If you were in JA when you met what was your purpose for the trip?

- On Spring Break in College...Junior year

On the beach..

Timeline

I know it, Kimmy. Now, I know what your intentions were. That is all I was trying to get at. The whole intent behind my question(s) was just to clarify.

And please don't question my intentions either. Kimmy brought up the idea and I wanted to make sure that every option would be covered in the poll so nobody was left out. I think it will be awesome to see the results considering so many people have the misconception that we all meet as part of the whole "sex tourism/rent a dread" bs when that clearly isn't the case.

Ok..because I wanted to say some people don't mind meet a possible mate at the beach or on vacation gotta have a certain mind set i guess..same thing with internet dating if u have that mind u wouldn't see anything weird about it

me..i couldn't just go on vacation and come back and marry someone from a different country that i am not even failiar with..just my opinion...

Kimmy...it took me five long years to finally do it. Everyone it different and move at different speeds.

Timeline

Jamaica

Question 2 - If you were in JA when you met what was your purpose for the trip?

yearly visit :)

a mi yaad..mi bredda bring him and him 5 bredda home when i was like 8 or 9

Kimmy...it took me five long years to finally do it. Everyone it different and move at different speeds.

absolutely KK....

I just know myself and I would be walkin while on vacation and someone guy try to talk to me and me tellin him..this will never work..and not in a very friendly way..did i tell y'll i'm not very friendly :innocent:

a more so if i know that country is a high visa fraud country...mi woulda be soooo skeptical to he point mi wouldn't even bodda wid no relationship

Timeline

And please don't question my intentions either. Kimmy brought up the idea and I wanted to make sure that every option would be covered in the poll so nobody was left out. I think it will be awesome to see the results considering so many people have the misconception that we all meet as part of the whole "sex tourism/rent a dread" bs when that clearly isn't the case.

Never, Yardie. I have the same opinion of you I stated about Kimmy.

I've learned that peoples opinions matter little to me if they judge before they know MY story. Like you said about their misconceptions about sex tourism/rent-a-dread.....you could add marriage for his greecard to that.

I want to hear the answers just out of curiosity. I,however, do not think any way you meet a Jamaican man has much bearing on anything at all. It's all about the individuals involved.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I want to hear the answers just out of curiosity. I,however, do not think any way you meet a Jamaican man has much bearing on anything at all. It's all about the individuals involved.

is that a little nieve ?

Kimmy - I was so mean to my husband. You have to understand I was really young. I had just turned 21 the day before going to Jamaica. I was not aware that people really hooked up with locals. I was just looking forwarding to meeting people from other schools. I just went to party. I sure a lot of stories start off with the lady being mean to the guy. Thanks to my friend who wanted a free ride on jet ski (Cheap spring breakers he calls them). I gave him a chance. Definitely the love of my life.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.