SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wha gwaan girls...

im sleepy as hell...

wish i was anywhere but here right now....

been trying to price plane tickets for christmas, and its amazing to me, for 12/23--- the tickets are in excess of 500 bucks but im leaving like 10 days after that and my ticket was like 337.

im kinda pissed, had i known my kids were planning on abandoning me for christmas i would have went to JA for christmas, instead im gonna be sitting here looking lonely :angry:

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I haven't questioned how a courier service package would get there either....I guess I'm assuming in much the same way that anything else would. I bet it would be something where you include their phone # & when it arrives they call them to come pick up?? I was just thinking the UPS route for him getting the docs to me in a timely fashion but not the other way around. However, I'm sure if you wanted something to get there quickly & with tracking options, the couriers would be the way to go if you're willing to pay the extra $$.

I sent packages to Ja and it delivered to his job. Or you could have it delivered to a trusted business that your SO knows.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning/Afternoon yardies! Just caught up today so here I go....

Ellsinlove....my husband is from Lucea.

KK what is it about those Lucea (area) boys?? They know how to make a gal feel special that's for sure!

i told D, about him needing vaccinations prior to coming and he went to cussing and fussing about it, i told him its not a personal affront to him and everything jamaican...SHEESH, that we have to get them here in the states and that if he could get them sooner than later that may save us some time...but honeslty he is such a biazz baby when it comes to blood and needles....makes me sick sometime...LOL

Mine is the same way.....haven't even got to the medical yet but when I told him he'd have to get vaccinations the first thing he mentioned was he hated needles....oh well, better get over it if you want to come here!

I nuh him alone act like baby when it comes to shot , i think most men do, mines called me all day yesterday while he was at the doctors office freaking out about the 3 little shots he has to get, then this morning he tells me his arms is still hurting.

So several of us have big ol' babies! LOL!

BUT SERIOUSLY, YEA I HAVE MUSIC SHE IS LIKE A ROLE TODAY EVERYTHING IS WRONG..U CAN'T DO NOTHING RIGHT

I feel your pain....I have a boss like that....can't please him for anything and of course he never does anything wrong! YEAH RIGHT!

:rofl: wahhaa! My husband talks in his sleep EVERY STINKIN NIGHT!!!

LOL! My honey talks a lot in his sleep too. One night he even jumped out of the bed and started looking underneath the bed. He hollered for me to get up (which I already was) and when I asked him what was wrong he told me he just hit a goat and was looking under the car to see if it was there! I may have a sleepwalker on my hands too then! :P

BTW, I'm new here so I just wanted to say 'hi' to all the yardies!

Hey Ells, you jumped right in, didn't you. You really made a great entrance and have me cracking up right now. I almost peed my pants. :yes: Your honey is a riot. :rofl: Looking under the bed for the goat :rofl:

Welcome to the yardie thread.

Thanks clairern!

Other thoughts for today include reading through some of your background and stories it seems I could *almost* be reading our story.....things seem to run similar in JA lots of times. Such as SO not really knowing their father or living up in the bush, or how other things run there. Guess we really do have lots in common between all of us!

As for Prop 8, I voted against it. Although I'm pretty open-minded and tolerant, I do not agree with the gay lifestyle. I'm kind of an oxymoron on this one because I also don't necessarily believe it's in-born and I don't support it but at the same time, I have gay friends and don't have a problem hanging out with anyone of that persuasion. BUT, the one thing I do believe in is equal rights no matter what your background and that's why I voted against. There is a similarity between this current measure and back in the days when people of different ethnicities could not marry whites. And I'll be darned if someone were to try and tell me today who I could and could not marry based on skin color!

Timeline

Even though prop 8 wasnt on our ballot here, im kind of with Ells on this one, i too have many gay friends and love them dearly but at the same time, believe that we are getting so far away from what the institution of marriage was intended to be...

Filed: Timeline
wha gwaan girls...

im sleepy as hell...

wish i was anywhere but here right now....

been trying to price plane tickets for christmas, and its amazing to me, for 12/23--- the tickets are in excess of 500 bucks but im leaving like 10 days after that and my ticket was like 337.

im kinda pissed, had i known my kids were planning on abandoning me for christmas i would have went to JA for christmas, instead im gonna be sitting here looking lonely :angry:

Honey;

It's always expensive to fly to Jamaica Christmas. Most Jamaicans return then. I use to go for 4 weeks starting the 2nd week of December and come back in Janaury. My friends and I had to be their for Sting International. Not sure if they still doing that. I got sick of long lines at the airport, expensive fares, undelivered luggage (even though flight was direct), flirghts leaving 4 - 8 hours later and rain, rain, rain (except at night)...so, I don't do Jamaica in December anymore. I booked my aunts ticket for 12/20 - 1/5 and it was $887. She said she would not be going if it wasn't for a good reason. Aftah all, Jamaica naw go no weh.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

jalove so glad to see your back and doing better, we were worried about you. Take care of yourself ok :yes:

when i had my first child i was 21 going on 22, i had him and came home, wondering what all the fuss was about, i was feeling fine, had energy for days. washing clothes, running up and down stairs, couldnt tell me nothing,,, well i started hemorraghing and wind up pretty much ruining my moms white couch....LOL.. i called up to her job to tell her something was wrong, she was a teacher at the time, well the bratty student in the office was like im intstructed not to take personal calls, i said look i really need to talk to my mom, he was like well can i take a message and have her call you back, im like NO this is an emergency, he was like i understand but i cant give her the call,( whoever trained him put the fear of god in his azz) so then he said i can take a message and give it to her, finally i was like look motherphocker im over here bleeding all over the place and need to go back to the hospital put my phocking mom on the phone.....LOL>.. he dropped the phone after that and like 5 minutes later she was on the phone. DONT OVERdo IT, LET chris take care of the baby ok, and feel better.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yardies- check it!

some amazing photos of our next POUS!!!

a collection of some really cool pictures of our next president-

thought you might enjoy them

JALOVE~ so glad you are feeling better! how scary

Timeline

lawny those prices are outrageous to fly, phock we could drive to JA for 887.00...LOL... shoot or as far as florida and then float the rest of the way over... :yes:

im assuming it will be just as costly to go in APril so im trying to book accomodations for april as well... just dont know where yet? im thinking maybe a villa for my mom and the kids and me and dwayne... dont know,if i want to subject him to my mom and her mouth for any amount of time...:no:

Timeline
Question- Does an internet dating site for Jamaican's exist?

Husband friend wants American gal so bad.

There are HUNDREDS. Actually more so...Foreign women looking for Jamaican men. I see it through my google analytics off my blog....thats how many people find my blog...from searching the net on "Jamaican men" or American and Jamaican relationships.. Just do a google search, there are a plethera out there.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

lawny those prices are outrageous to fly, phock we could drive to JA for 887.00...LOL... shoot or as far as florida and then float the rest of the way over... :yes:

im assuming it will be just as costly to go in APril so im trying to book accomodations for april as well... just dont know where yet? im thinking maybe a villa for my mom and the kids and me and dwayne... dont know,if i want to subject him to my mom and her mouth for any amount of time... :no:

Honey;

Since so many of you going in April, see if it will be cheaper to rent a guest house. And if you're going to jamaica in the spring it will be expensive especially if it's around spring "freak" break.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Splitting hairs.....in my religion, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are 3 in one.

What about people who don't believe in God at all? What happens when they die? I don't think God is that petty. In my mind, he is more accepting then we give him credit for....for things done in the spirit of love. I just dont' see how I can believe he will forgive a pedophile or a murderer and accept them with open arms and 2 people who happen to be the same sex; but do nothing but show love for themselves, their companionship, and the world around them are doomed to hell. I just can't reconcile that in my mind.

JG, its not what we can reconcile in our own minds but what we reconcile in the spirit....thats what matters if you are talking religion.

Timeline

yeah lawny thats what i was thinking...:yes: my mom is kind of wishy washy though, she may change her mind at the last minute, i hope not. other thing is if we do a guest house its gotta be located in an area where we can get around cause my kids are gonna wanna be entertained, and they eat like food is going outta style, i would hate to bust someone in they head all the way over in JA for acting a fool ( meaning my kids)..LOL

Timeline
We have to wait to have the competition though - I haven't shaved my legs since I came back in Sept :whistle: It would be a scary thing right now :whistle:

Good Lord! September?!

Ya'll have hair on your legs? :unsure:

My mom doesnt have hair on her legs or arms, how'd that gene miss me?!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You guys have me rolling!

So i figured out that if I sit in the sofa next to the window I pick up real good signal from my neighbor upstairs.

Good girl. Have you been to Sally's yet? I know you are going to get hooked. Whenever I go back to Bklyn, that is always my first stop :yes::yes: I am looking forward to my trip over Thanksgiving. their fried chicken, stew peas are my favorite.

Nope, not yet, the next time I have company I'll go. But that's more likely going to be when the Mister comes up in a few weeks!!!

You guys have me rolling!

So i figured out that if I sit in the sofa next to the window I pick up real good signal from my neighbor upstairs.

Good girl. Have you been to Sally's yet? I know you are going to get hooked. Whenever I go back to Bklyn, that is always my first stop :yes::yes: I am looking forward to my trip over Thanksgiving. their fried chicken, stew peas are my favorite.

I wanna go :crying:

Claire, what days are you in NY? I think we are going to see Machel Montano at Club Tobago in Queens on the 26th -

Is that a good club Sus?

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

We have to wait to have the competition though - I haven't shaved my legs since I came back in Sept :whistle: It would be a scary thing right now :whistle:

Good Lord! September?!

Ya'll have hair on your legs? :unsure:

My mom doesnt have hair on her legs or arms, how'd that gene miss me?!

Me either.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.