SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This medicine is making me feel loopy....On my release papers its says Eclampsia.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
BTW, Justecia.....you should take that as a hint that I know nothing bad about D. I would've told you if I did. He really is a great guy!

agreed

:thumbs:

on the internet dating subject- i work with prob 100 weddings a season, id say about half of the people met online. :o

seriously! a lot of them are second marriages so they are a bit older and very established in their careers, not a lot of time left for random socializing and dating i assume.

i would consider it if i wasnt smitten- i think a higher chance of meeting someone you *mesh* with on one of those sites, rather than a bar or through mutual friends.

just my 2 pesos.

I want to maintain ordanances that are created by God...not man. What do you guys think?

God is Love

true..but Sodom and Gomorrah.....

that was an exhibition of his love too....

My thing with this, Shrewdie, is we are taught to believe he will forgive us for a multitude of sins such as lying, cheating, stealing,....any one of the 10 commandements.....yet, we are made to believe if someone is in a loving homosexual relationship that is just as honorable as any married relationship, it's a sin and unforgivable. I dont' buy that. If I believe I can be forgiven if I confess my sins and repent, it has to be across the board.

My JA2 cents...hee hee!

The thing about is I was taught to believe that there is no sin that is unforgivable. The thing about it is to repent. Repent means to turn away from. So my question to you is how can you turn away from something if you are continually doing it? If you don't turn away from it you didn't repent and also God is concerned with the intentions of your heart. Is your heart really in it or are you trying to get into heaven or do you have some other motive that is not based on love for him?

In all honestly, I don't know the total answer to this. I just can't believe a loving God would punish someone for truly loving someone else. The sin I was always taught comes from the fact that they can't actually procreate as God intended. But, then again, if a woman or man in a marriage can't procreate and goes by artificial means, it's the same thing. So, that shoots that old theory I was always taught all to hell too. Guess we will never know the answer until we see his face and find out for ourselves.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Lita - How has Evan been with you being gone at work during the days?

Girl he's fine. I came home to my front yard fully cleaned and gardened. it looked so nice. Today he went to the college to get info and then they told him he would need a state id, so they gave him directions to DMV and he went and got his State ID done. I was like..."thats my man...hold it down!" He tells me "woman, I'm settling myself."

That's great Marlita, glad to hear that he seems to be settling in so well! Is he driving, public transportation, or did someone take him?

No I got him a bike for his bday, which was the day after he got here. I recommend that to those whos man wont be driving. Gives him freedom to go as he pleases and get around. My town in bike friendly. Gave him a map of the city and he just went at it. He has all the rail maps too and I took him on the rail and taught him about buying a $5 day pass and riding wherever he wants. He loves it!

You must be real proud of Evan. He rocks :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
See I may not agree with the lifestyle for my own religious reasons, but I still think people should be treated with respect and fairly. I think there should be another legal right that gives them all these benefits and that marriage should remain as it was originally intended by God. Since God invented marriage and not man, but I think man should now accommodate the way this world is going and create civil liberties and rights for gays.

I agree with you on that - But we would first need to see some mechanism that is going to address every mom and pop organization in America and force them to recognize gay relationships and give them equal benefits to a man and a woman - I just don't see that happening - we can't even enforce laws like FMLA and FLSA across the country -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
BTW, Justecia.....you should take that as a hint that I know nothing bad about D. I would've told you if I did. He really is a great guy!

agreed

on the internet dating subject- i work with prob 100 weddings a season, id say about half of the people met online. :o

seriously! a lot of them are second marriages so they are a bit older and very established in their careers, not a lot of time left for random socializing and dating i assume.

i would consider it if i wasnt smitten- i think a higher chance of meeting someone you *mesh* with on one of those sites, rather than a bar or through mutual friends.

just my 2 pesos.

I want to maintain ordanances that are created by God...not man. What do you guys think?

God is Love

My thing with this, Shrewdie, is we are taught to believe he will forgive us for a multitude of sins such as lying, cheating, stealing,....any one of the 10 commandements.....yet, we are made to believe if someone is in a loving homosexual relationship that is just as honorable as any married relationship, it's a sin and unforgivable. I dont' buy that. If I believe I can be forgiven if I confess my sins and repent, it has to be across the board.

My JA2 cents...hee hee!

Thats not Christianity. You cant just confess and SAY you repent but never ACTUALLY repent....otherwise you are still doing the same thing and nothing has changed. Repenting means...STOPPING the sin..walking away from the sin, working with GOD to END the sin. If the sin is continuing, then you have not repented...you just said you did. Same with an abuser, or pedophile, or murderer. Basically someone who is continuing to do the sin.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
I have a hard time on the Gay marriage issue - Because I have a lot of friends who are gay, and reality is, American society has pushed them to have to advocate for the right to marry in many ways - They have extreme difficulty in benefit planning, estate planning, etc.... because without that marriage right, they can't get them.

See I may not agree with the lifestyle for my own religious reasons, but I still think people should be treated with respect and fairly. I think there should be another legal right that gives them all these benefits and that marriage should remain as it was originally intended by God. Since God invented marriage and not man, but I think man should now accommodate the way this world is going and create civil liberties and rights for gays.

I could agree with this.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
:ot: Lita, when are you going to update your blog? I am tired of checking and finding nothing new!! I need something to read when I am bored at work or home!

haha, I know huh?! Evan gives me NO free time when I come home. If i look at that computer he gets to pouting. I think this weekend I'll do some updating.

ROFL oh JG I am so happy I am not the only one with this problem. I thought it was going to be so fun when Garth learned to email so we could email and chat on the internet! WRONG!!!!! LOL his one sentence emails drive me crazy he is truly a man of few words. He doesn't talk much in person either. I sometimes wonder what made him open his mouth to me the day we met cause Lord knows he rarely says much.

Sol I have been married almost 2 yrs and that problem still exist. He can laugh and talk with his brotheren :secret: but when it come to me :no: . I have called him on this several times his response is" me naw understand I talk to u all the time". I told him good day and good nite is not a conversation :bonk:

Edited by morantbaygirl

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Timeline
I have a hard time on the Gay marriage issue - Because I have a lot of friends who are gay, and reality is, American society has pushed them to have to advocate for the right to marry in many ways - They have extreme difficulty in benefit planning, estate planning, etc.... because without that marriage right, they can't get them.

I don't agree with that Lita. In biblical times everyone was judged based on what was going on in the society even those who didn't agree were punished because the land was cursed. I think if you have an estate you should be able to leave it to whomever you choose regardless of your sexuality and they should be treated fairly. I don't think employers should have to pay for benefits for their partners.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline

agreed

just my 2 pesos.

God is Love

My JA2 cents...hee hee!

The thing about is I was taught to believe that there is no sin that is unforgivable. The thing about it is to repent. Repent means to turn away from. So my question to you is how can you turn away from something if you are continually doing it? If you don't turn away from it you didn't repent and also God is concerned with the intentions of your heart. Is your heart really in it or are you trying to get into heaven or do you have some other motive that is not based on love for him?

In all honestly, I don't know the total answer to this. I just can't believe a loving God would punish someone for truly loving someone else. The sin I was always taught comes from the fact that they can't actually procreate as God intended. But, then again, if a woman or man in a marriage can't procreate and goes by artificial means, it's the same thing. So, that shoots that old theory I was always taught all to hell too. Guess we will never know the answer until we see his face and find out for ourselves.

People always say God is a loving God, but that is misconception.....God is a jealous God. Jesus is his loving son. But really in the same in place in the bible that is says a brother should not be intimate with his sister, or a son with his mom, a father with his daugter, it says a man with another man, or a woman with another woman, or a person with an animal. Why did we all of a sudden make it ok for the man and man or woman an woman to be acceptable. As a society things always evlove and change people become more liberal, but the Word of God still is the same. Are we to ignore that?

Timeline

agreed

just my 2 pesos.

God is Love

EXACTLY love does not mean I let you do whatever you want to do nor does it mean my love is diminished becasue I punish you. My bible says who he loves he chastises. My grandmother always told me to think of God as a father. I am a parent and I love my children but when they are worng I discipline them. I don't let them do wrong and think it is right.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
I don't agree with that Lita. In biblical times everyone was judged based on what was going on in the society even those who didn't agree were punished because the land was cursed. I think if you have an estate you should be able to leave it to whomever you choose regardless of your sexuality and they should be treated fairly. I don't think employers should have to pay for benefits for their partners.

I get what your saying here.

Timeline

agreed

just my 2 pesos.

God is Love

EXACTLY love does not mean I let you do whatever you want to do nor does it mean my love is diminished becasue I punish you. My bible says who he loves he chastises. My grandmother always told me to think of God as a father. I am a parent and I love my children but when they are worng I discipline them. I don't let them do wrong and think it is right.

That is the exact way to look at God. He HAS to discipline us otherwise we'd be some bay-bay kids running round yah! But really. I dont get how people think they can do whatever, and then say sorry, and do it again over and over, and think that is acceptable behavior to God. Its a very touchy subject which is why I dont have a personal problem with Gays until they try to flip the Word and God ORGINAL intentions to benefit them because they want it there way.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This sure is an interesting conversation. I agree for the most part with Marlita and Sol. Based on my religion and convictions I would have voted for Prop 8 as well. According to the Bible marriage is to be between a woman and a man. I choose to follow the Bible so that is where my convictions come from.

Another issue that goes hand in hand with this debate and really makes it sticky in my opinion is whether or not people are "born gay" or if it is a choice. What do you think?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.