SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
BTW, Justecia.....you should take that as a hint that I know nothing bad about D. I would've told you if I did. He really is a great guy!

agreed

:thumbs:

on the internet dating subject- i work with prob 100 weddings a season, id say about half of the people met online. :o

seriously! a lot of them are second marriages so they are a bit older and very established in their careers, not a lot of time left for random socializing and dating i assume.

i would consider it if i wasnt smitten- i think a higher chance of meeting someone you *mesh* with on one of those sites, rather than a bar or through mutual friends.

just my 2 pesos.

I want to maintain ordanances that are created by God...not man. What do you guys think?

God is Love

true..but Sodom and Gomorrah.....

that was an exhibition of his love too....

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How are you feeling JAlove? What did they say is causing it?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
How are you feeling JAlove? What did they say is causing it?

yeah???

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
Good Lord! September?!

LMAO - End of Sept, so a little over a month - I am going to wax (professionally, no more hickeys for me!) so I had to let it grow in. Plus, it doesn't grow back that fast, so I figured I would give it a little longer - No one's seeing my legs right now anyways!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Lord! September?!

LMAO - End of Sept, so a little over a month - I am going to wax (professionally, no more hickeys for me!) so I had to let it grow in. Plus, it doesn't grow back that fast, so I figured I would give it a little longer - No one's seeing my legs right now anyways!

Me either, when I was thinking about the additional expense I am going to have once Anthony moves in I had to factory all that in, I slack off until I know I am about to see him then I have the whole works done, but now I am going to have to do daily maintance!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
awrite so now we ave hotlegz competition....which one a oonuh bow legged?

Hee hee.....not me!

ok, one down..Sus :whistle:

Not bowlegged either - Check with me at the end of January, though :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

Glad you feel better JALOVE (F)

Timeline
Hello All,

:ot:

So there was a prop (Prop 8) on the Cali ballot to re-ban the legality of gay marriage. Gay marriage was passed here a few months back by the California Supreme Court. Anyway, Prop 8 went out to "restore marriage as a union between one MAN and one WOMAN". Well it was a VERY tight race, and it came out mid day yesterday that the prop passed....restoring the traditional meaning of marriage.

Well there was an uproar. Many were saying NO on prop 8 becuase it is wrong an eliminates fundamental civil rights of a person under the constitution by not allowing EVERY citizen the equal right as others. There was protesting throughout Cali last night. I've been to a co-workers gay wedding and it was interesting to say the least. However, I am first and foremost Chirstian so for me I voted yes on the prop, even though I dont try to judge those that are homosexual, I want to maintain ordanances that are created by God...not man. What do you guys think?

I would have voted as you did Lita for the same resaons.

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline

I have a hard time on the Gay marriage issue - Because I have a lot of friends who are gay, and reality is, American society has pushed them to have to advocate for the right to marry in many ways - They have extreme difficulty in benefit planning, estate planning, etc.... because without that marriage right, they can't get them.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
BTW, Justecia.....you should take that as a hint that I know nothing bad about D. I would've told you if I did. He really is a great guy!

agreed

on the internet dating subject- i work with prob 100 weddings a season, id say about half of the people met online. :o

seriously! a lot of them are second marriages so they are a bit older and very established in their careers, not a lot of time left for random socializing and dating i assume.

i would consider it if i wasnt smitten- i think a higher chance of meeting someone you *mesh* with on one of those sites, rather than a bar or through mutual friends.

just my 2 pesos.

I want to maintain ordanances that are created by God...not man. What do you guys think?

God is Love

My thing with this, Shrewdie, is we are taught to believe he will forgive us for a multitude of sins such as lying, cheating, stealing,....any one of the 10 commandements.....yet, we are made to believe if someone is in a loving homosexual relationship that is just as honorable as any married relationship, it's a sin and unforgivable. I dont' buy that. If I believe I can be forgiven if I confess my sins and repent, it has to be across the board.

My JA2 cents...hee hee!

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hello All,

So there was a prop (Prop 8) on the Cali ballot to re-ban the legality of gay marriage. Gay marriage was passed here a few months back by the California Supreme Court. Anyway, Prop 8 went out to "restore marriage as a union between one MAN and one WOMAN". Well it was a VERY tight race, and it came out mid day yesterday that the prop passed....restoring the traditional meaning of marriage.

Well there was an uproar. Many were saying NO on prop 8 becuase it is wrong an eliminates fundamental civil rights of a person under the constitution by not allowing EVERY citizen the equal right as others. There was protesting throughout Cali last night. I've been to a co-workers gay wedding and it was interesting to say the least. However, I am first and foremost Chirstian so for me I voted yes on the prop, even though I dont try to judge those that are homosexual, I want to maintain ordanances that are created by God...not man. What do you guys think?

I think you should stick by your convictions, Marlita. They are yours and yours alone.

I would not have voted yes, though. I think they should be allowed the same benefits as heterosexual couples.

Well they would, it just wouldnt be called "marriage"....its a civil union.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hello All,

I think you should stick by your convictions, Marlita. They are yours and yours alone.

I would not have voted yes, though. I think they should be allowed the same benefits as heterosexual couples.

Well they would, it just wouldnt be called "marriage"....its a civil union.

I would be okay with civil union instead of marriage. As long as they receive family benefits and it's legally acknowledged.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Lita, when are you going to update your blog? I am tired of checking and finding nothing new!! I need something to read when I am bored at work or home!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

agreed

just my 2 pesos.

God is Love

My thing with this, Shrewdie, is we are taught to believe he will forgive us for a multitude of sins such as lying, cheating, stealing,....any one of the 10 commandements.....yet, we are made to believe if someone is in a loving homosexual relationship that is just as honorable as any married relationship, it's a sin and unforgivable. I dont' buy that. If I believe I can be forgiven if I confess my sins and repent, it has to be across the board.

My JA2 cents...hee hee!

The thing about is I was taught to believe that there is no sin that is unforgivable. The thing about it is to repent. Repent means to turn away from. So my question to you is how can you turn away from something if you are continually doing it? If you don't turn away from it you didn't repent and also God is concerned with the intentions of your heart. Is your heart really in it or are you trying to get into heaven or do you have some other motive that is not based on love for him?

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
:rofl: wahhaa! My husband talks in his sleep EVERY STINKIN NIGHT!!!

LOL! My honey talks a lot in his sleep too. One night he even jumped out of the bed and started looking underneath the bed. He hollered for me to get up (which I already was) and when I asked him what was wrong he told me he just hit a goat and was looking under the car to see if it was there! I may have a sleepwalker on my hands too then! :P

BTW, I'm new here so I just wanted to say 'hi' to all the yardies!

Hey Ells, you jumped right in, didn't you. You really made a great entrance and have me cracking up right now. I almost peed my pants. :yes: Your honey is a riot. :rofl: Looking under the bed for the goat :rofl:

Welcome to the yardie thread.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
I have a hard time on the Gay marriage issue - Because I have a lot of friends who are gay, and reality is, American society has pushed them to have to advocate for the right to marry in many ways - They have extreme difficulty in benefit planning, estate planning, etc.... because without that marriage right, they can't get them.

See I may not agree with the lifestyle for my own religious reasons, but I still think people should be treated with respect and fairly. I think there should be another legal right that gives them all these benefits and that marriage should remain as it was originally intended by God. Since God invented marriage and not man, but I think man should now accommodate the way this world is going and create civil liberties and rights for gays.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.