SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yeah i use regular mail and normally it takes my mail about 9 days to reach... ja mail does suck, and then one time i sent a box and it took a month to reach....:blink:

i dont know of any other way to send it , i dont know if DHL gets there faster or what? but just to send the folder of forms for him to sign cost me like 9 dollars and some change...i was like #######, i could have walked that to JA for cheaper than that.

JA mail does sound better than Africa mail still....I sent a small package of mini photo albums to friends in Mali about 1 1/2 years ago and it's somewhere in Sub-Saharan Africa now....never made it to Bamako though.

LOL! Just about cheaper huh? I've checked into prices for when he sends the docs back to me today and UPS is currently the winner at about $30 vs. Fed Ex for about $44. Haven't checked with DHL yet though. Probably ask those mailing type questions in a new thread soon enough...

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok ladies this is a record for me..i am loggin off and hittin the covers...wow and its not even 9 yet

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and the advice already! Good to know this is more of the 'social' thread and I won't be committing any major newbie faux pas by starting topic specific threads on the visa process. But for sure I'll keep checking in on this thread cause it's too much fun!

be afraid..be very afraid..

hopw u learn to edit ur quotes cause u get lashes for too many quotes

Now Kimmy..we nuh lash di newbies dat make long quotes...we club dem pon di head first, and hope dem a luhn dey lesson! :innocent:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
hopw u learn to edit ur quotes cause u get lashes for too many quotes

LOL! Okay, thanks for the heads up....I will hereafter limit my quoting and just try to keep up with the flow.

Timeline

it never occurred to me to try fed ex or ups because he lives up in the bush and i dont know how they would deliver it to him so we just stick with JA snail mail, when i mailed a box it cost me almost 40 bucks and was to take 10 daYS and yeah it got there 30 days later, i really wanna mail his holiday box soon before mail gets even slower

Timeline
it never occurred to me to try fed ex or ups because he lives up in the bush and i dont know how they would deliver it to him so we just stick with JA snail mail, when i mailed a box it cost me almost 40 bucks and was to take 10 daYS and yeah it got there 30 days later, i really wanna mail his holiday box soon before mail gets even slower

I was thinking of holiday packages too...I wanted to go ahead and get my nephews and his mom & grandma their gifts sometime soon and send them off...when I sent off the package for the boys for school it took almost a month to get there! :angry:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline

well initially it was to be just a holiday box but i keep wanting to send stuff he needs, im gonna introduce the man to IMODIUM AD< so he can stop using gin and salt when his stomach hurts, and im gonna send him some shampoo so he can stop using his bar soap on his "rolley" hair as he calls it, and then the blanket, since he swears its cool...LOL... other than that im not sure what else to send, oh yeah some cologne.. i was getting suggestions yesterday, has anyone smelled Unforgivable by sean john???

Timeline

I haven't questioned how a courier service package would get there either....I guess I'm assuming in much the same way that anything else would. I bet it would be something where you include their phone # & when it arrives they call them to come pick up?? I was just thinking the UPS route for him getting the docs to me in a timely fashion but not the other way around. However, I'm sure if you wanted something to get there quickly & with tracking options, the couriers would be the way to go if you're willing to pay the extra $$.

Timeline
he keeps telling me it cool in the evening, so i bought him one of those soft fleecy blankets though im pretty sure my idea of cold and his is two different things...LOL

Does he live in the hills? Sometimes those breezes can be cool (I would guess upper 60s) but that's damn near freezing for them! I remember the first time it felt "nice" maybe the mid 70s after some rainy days...my fool husband put on a sweatshirt, jacket, and knit cap! I thought we were flying to damn Canada or something! I'm walking around in capris and a tanktop feeling good,, and he's bundled up like a damn snowman! :wacko:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline
well initially it was to be just a holiday box but i keep wanting to send stuff he needs, im gonna introduce the man to IMODIUM AD< so he can stop using gin and salt when his stomach hurts, and im gonna send him some shampoo so he can stop using his bar soap on his "rolley" hair as he calls it, and then the blanket, since he swears its cool...LOL... other than that im not sure what else to send, oh yeah some cologne.. i was getting suggestions yesterday, has anyone smelled Unforgivable by sean john???

LOVE LOVE LOVE! And I got it for hubby a while back and he loved it too. I also got him Blue by Dolce and Gabanna. That's another good one that will make you wanna rip his clothes off! I love a good smelling man!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline

Mrs P, he does live up high, above sea level. he says it is cool in the evening, ,but me like you was like oh this feels so nice. i was gonna get him some slippers but i always thinkof JA being to warm for stuff like that, me when im warm i dont want anything like that on my body, covering my feet or anything else.

Timeline

Hey everyone. It took me forever and a day to catch up!

MrsP congrats on the heart! I been on this website for a long ####### time and still no heart lol. I need to chat more. Your answers helped a lot! Thanks :yes:

Welcome JAEyes and Ells! You're gonna love it here :dance:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.