SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh when I speak...it's very clear that I'm not Jamaican. The women are sometimes not as nice to me as the guys are. Oh but when every I was with my Husband at the hotel or tourist spots...they ALWAYS thought he was American. Never failed.

Does anyone have problems understanding their SO sometimes?

I haven't had that problem...just wondering if other have.

KK, dwayne got mad at me the other day cause he was upset and talking fast and i said baby can you slow down and speak english, i understand your upset and i want to understand what your saying well he got all huffy, so i said the hell with it and hung up on him and when he calmed his ### down,he called back like 10 minutes later speaking english..i apologized and so did he...so yeah we have our moments...LOL

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OMG this had mw joke!!DWL :rofl: But I think that is kinda it, otherwise she says the intense JA sun will burn her skin too fast.

I have only burnt a bit in the sun...but it was after 8 hours in the pool nonstop with no sunscreen.

Since I'm already a brownin and get sun should I be referred to as orangin

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

you know what, you guys may be right in that summation, but i definitely didnt go to ja looking to meet anyone, as im sure none of us did :no:

we are planning on going to Kingston in January to visit his mom, i will see if i notice a difference in attitudes

Timeline
Well seperating Blacks is a HUGE thing and a very touchy subject that goes back to slavery and beyond. It happens in EVERY Black culture and was inflicted on us to seperate us and control. Its a hard thing to get over and it has caused so many issues in this world, so when I hear it being used I get upset that people are still judging us by our shade of Blackness.

Judging is a horrible thing, isnt it? When I first started teaching, I was one of the few whites and the youngest teacher there with a country accent...and everyone thought I was gonna be like Penny Pilgrim. It didnt take me long to bust that stereotype

also in Jamaica where we live, everyone always thought I should be so reserved and proper. they all just laugh at me now and say "yuh nuh easy"

so even though our stereotypes dont seem to be as opressive or degrading, they are still unfair and ignorant.

ech. I'm glad we arent taht way. We can change the world. Change started a long time ago andw e can just keep it in motion!

See Shrewdie, I dont think you have a strong country accent. ihave fam from Louisville....OMG that is a STRONG country accent.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yaads, i really dont know, but im friendly to a fault... i dont go to jamaica fronting like i am jamaican i speak to everyone and mind my business when its called for, i try to speak patois only with D, cause im learning and he corrects me and if i use american slang, i explain it to him, but seriously some of the unfriendliness or the side comments i hear, when me and d are out, piss me off and in my eyes( mind you i said my eyes) we should look like every other man and women walking down the street or out... Hell sometimes i might as well be the nekkid crazy lady with the shower cap on, for the looks i get at times, i mean the more im in JA the better it seems to be getting but that isnt all the time...:no:

Girl I know all about pissy attitudes, nasty looks and unfriendly people. It sure does get old. Like Marlita said I really think it is more the area you are going than anything else. When A and I would travel to Ochi or when we were in MoBay it was a whole different (not good) ballgame then when we were in our little community in the middle of nowhere.

Timeline
Well seperating Blacks is a HUGE thing and a very touchy subject that goes back to slavery and beyond. It happens in EVERY Black culture and was inflicted on us to seperate us and control. Its a hard thing to get over and it has caused so many issues in this world, so when I hear it being used I get upset that people are still judging us by our shade of Blackness.

Judging is a horrible thing, isnt it? When I first started teaching, I was one of the few whites and the youngest teacher there with a country accent...and everyone thought I was gonna be like Penny Pilgrim. It didnt take me long to bust that stereotype

also in Jamaica where we live, everyone always thought I should be so reserved and proper. they all just laugh at me now and say "yuh nuh easy"

so even though our stereotypes dont seem to be as opressive or degrading, they are still unfair and ignorant.

ech. I'm glad we arent taht way. We can change the world. Change started a long time ago andw e can just keep it in motion!

See Shrewdie, I dont think you have a strong country accent. ihave fam from Louisville....OMG that is a STRONG country accent.

hahahaha. the people here dont either. my blind student said that I talked differently than the other people here

Im not sure why...who knows

but stick me anywhere else and they think i sound as country as all get out

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
:ot: How many post do I need for a HEART???

:ot2:

who knows

a million it seems

how do you even know how many posts you have?

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

ok, Jg i understand.

Heck, my youngest would be what people consider a redbone and in the summer, i swear he gets the so called farmers tan so dark till he looks like he has on clothing even after he takes them off...LOL

its really weird for me being adopted cause i cant trace my geneaology, but my youngest has dark brown and blondish hair in the summer, his hair is not the texture of anyone else in the houses and he just looks different than his brother, sometimes im tempted to take him back to the hospital, to see if "my child" is there....LOL

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How many do you have?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

who knows

a million it seems

nevermind i found it :)

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

who knows

a million it seems

Go to home

Go to my controls

On the left it will show you how many you have

Honey, if I thought you were being offensive, I would tell you. I'm not shy.

No worries, girl.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

:lol:

That is my German ancestry. And, my mom being a big mouth!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone have problems understanding their SO sometimes?

We never had that problem but I think it is mostly because when I was learning patois and all the slang I didn't know him at that time. It was more my friends that taught it to me and the people I would stay with. By the time we started dating I understood everything so we never had a problem. Now if you were to ask some of the friends who taught me :blush: I am sure they could tell stories that would kill you with laugh :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.