SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 9)

5,792 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You need to get a GED when you already have a diploma?

Some jobs won't recognize HS Diploma from other countries...if it was a university degree than maybe but I know some places won't accept his JA HS Diploma...he wants the extra education anyway and since he didn't really get an education at his school he feels he needs it...At his school aslong as you show up you pass and will get a degree....so he just showed up to look at the girls in his class.... :wacko:

My husband is just starting off at a jr college and just has to take a placement test. You dont need to go back to the GED if you have a diploma. Once you get into the college, no job can tell you you dont have a HS degree cause you are already in college. So he doenst have to go the GED way if he doesnt want to .

really? did they give him in-state tuition rates?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG..ARE U PURPOSELY QUOTE ALL THAT ISH...I TELL U ITS GETTIN TO ME..I GOTTA SCROLL ALLLLL THE WAYYYY TO TRY FIGURE OUT WHAT IS SAID :angry:

:innocent: Who me?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
JG..ARE U PURPOSELY QUOTE ALL THAT ISH...I TELL U ITS GETTIN TO ME..I GOTTA SCROLL ALLLLL THE WAYYYY TO TRY FIGURE OUT WHAT IS SAID :angry:

LMAO - I thought of you with one post I did - but I am on my laptop with no mouse - deleting it took too long, sorry!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
You need to get a GED when you already have a diploma?

Some jobs won't recognize HS Diploma from other countries...if it was a university degree than maybe but I know some places won't accept his JA HS Diploma...he wants the extra education anyway and since he didn't really get an education at his school he feels he needs it...At his school aslong as you show up you pass and will get a degree....so he just showed up to look at the girls in his class.... :wacko:

really?

I was going to ask that too. What jobs are you referring to here?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So how do you deal with attempting to respect them when they are playing those games?

I don't think you can respect them. If they are playing games and carrying on with foolishness there is no way to respect them. That really is a tough one.

See, this is my issue. You want to respect them cause they are family. But, then they play way too many games and you start to resent it. Which means not only do you not respect them anymore; but you don't even care most times. It's a really sick and sad cycle.

Yes it is. I have learned that just cause someone is family doesn't mean they deserve your respect. Am I going to be mean to them or whatnot - no but they sure won't be close to me knowing my business or being a part of my family.

Timeline

I think the education thing depends on where you live or are going - sometimes you have to educate people. If it's not something that they are familiar with, no is an easier answer. Same goes with college - My friend, who is from South Africa - went to the Community college - they wouldn't even look at her university credits from SA - she is now transferring to a 4 year school to do her BS - I pushed her to get all her credits, and descriptions, etc.... she got 39 credits transferred over.

Timeline
I work for a VERY conservative company and it is so quiet around here today...no one is saying anything. A lot of good 'ole boys around here. LOL One girl kind of rolled her eyes at me when I walked by her this morning...not going to jump to conclusions but she is probably beside herself right now. :lol:

You know when Barak turns this country around all these haters are going to jump on his bandwagon.

It's the same way here. No one is talking at all :blink: So the person you voted for didn't win - get over it and stop sulking :wacko: Some of these people amaze me...

Timeline
Lawny he brought it after i called and cussed him out...LOL

and the chicken and dumplings turned out to be the BOMB,, gotta thank nelly for that recipe... matter of fact i think im gonna heat it up and eat it now... :thumbs:

That's good Honey. I eat chicken and dumplings all the time.

The ones she made are not like our chicken and dumplings, Lawny :rofl:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
So how do you deal with attempting to respect them when they are playing those games?

I don't think you can respect them. If they are playing games and carrying on with foolishness there is no way to respect them. That really is a tough one.

See, this is my issue. You want to respect them cause they are family. But, then they play way too many games and you start to resent it. Which means not only do you not respect them anymore; but you don't even care most times. It's a really sick and sad cycle.

Yes it is. I have learned that just cause someone is family doesn't mean they deserve your respect. Am I going to be mean to them or whatnot - no but they sure won't be close to me knowing my business or being a part of my family.

I'm bad about this, Yardie. I am the eternal optimist....that people will change for the better. They tick me off, I back away, I let them wessel their way back in, and stupid me, I let them hurt me all over again. I can't seem to break that cycle. I wish I could just hate and walk away.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Shrewdie, I think it's an important topic and every input is crucial - It's funny, I became brownin in JA too - although on the phone, if someone else answers it, I am Yankee, lol

I hadn't fully posted my story - but since I am working from home I have time today, lol!

Thanks for sharing your story, Sus :thumbs:

Timeline

JG I used to be the same - I think I inherited it from my Gram, who constantly took people in to live with her - I always tried to see the best, and believe that people could change if they tried hard enough - I have finally learned, for the most part, that I can't help everyone if I don't help myself first - and that not everyone wants to change - some people are just toxic and I need to walk away.

Filed: Timeline
Lawny he brought it after i called and cussed him out...LOL

and the chicken and dumplings turned out to be the BOMB,, gotta thank nelly for that recipe... matter of fact i think im gonna heat it up and eat it now... :thumbs:

That's good Honey. I eat chicken and dumplings all the time.

The ones she made are not like our chicken and dumplings, Lawny :rofl:

:angry: well, what kind she make...she had my mouth watering. I'm so hungry.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.