~Laura and Nick~

Happy Halloween!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm at work all night tonight, so hubby is at home minding the candy bowl...

We decided to be evil and give out pixy sticks :devil:

Tomorrow night we're having a party, tho. We've themed it aorund Victorian-era London, so hubby and I are going to be Jack the Ripper and a prostitute :)

I went a bit nuts with the invitations, decorations, etc. Even making cakes in the shapes of organs hehe

But I wasn't allowed to celebrate Halloween as a kid, so guess I'm sorta making up for it now

WOW - sounds like you're doing Halloween up right! I love theme parties.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm at work all night tonight, so hubby is at home minding the candy bowl...

We decided to be evil and give out pixy sticks :devil:

Tomorrow night we're having a party, tho. We've themed it aorund Victorian-era London, so hubby and I are going to be Jack the Ripper and a prostitute :)

I went a bit nuts with the invitations, decorations, etc. Even making cakes in the shapes of organs hehe

But I wasn't allowed to celebrate Halloween as a kid, so guess I'm sorta making up for it now

WOW - sounds like you're doing Halloween up right! I love theme parties.

:)

We've decided that themed Halloween parties are going to be our "thing." We've already come up with a bunch of ideas...Tim Burton movies, the Titanic (after the wreck, of course), Vincent Price and Co. Too bad Halloween only comes once a year! lol

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

Hope everyone had a good time for Halloween :) We just had a few hours with the kids, but I had made their costumes and they had a lot of fun! :halloween:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

No Hallowe'en here either...I miss it too. We have got Guy Fawkes coming up soon, pleased to say I am NOT on that night :dance:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Other Timeline
*sigh* I miss Halloween

???? u don't have halloween in your part of the US? :P

nope :(

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

*sigh* I miss Halloween

???? u don't have halloween in your part of the US? :P

nope :(

Are you serious? Why?

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

Well Halloween is just not the same here. The kids did alot of houses just not really alot ppl giving out candy. And can you believe no pop, chips or cheesies here at all. I dont know about the rest of Canada but in the Sault the kids made a killing they would only do a few streets and would have enough candy for the year, they are lucky if the candy last a few days here. I think next year i will do a party its just not worth going out for 3 hours to get half a bag of candy. :(

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy Halloween!

I had prolly just under 100 trick or treaters (including adults). We just moved here two weeks ago and from my neighbor I found out we live in a neighborhood where vans of kids get dropped off to trick or treat here! I love it! It's my second favorite holiday!

It's been a while since I've seen houses upon houses going all out for Halloween (last time was prolly in the mid 80s when I was a trick or treater!) so it's great to see so many people out and about! Plus, it didn't rain in San Francisco whereas in Vancouver it ALWAYS rains on Halloween so it's no fun to wear your awesome costume just to have to wear a rain coat over.

One thing I miss about this year's Halloween...lack of Smarties chocolates and Crunchie! It just ain't the same with M&M fun bags. I used to always save the Smarties and trade off the other candies.

Too bad, so sad!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well Halloween is just not the same here. The kids did alot of houses just not really alot ppl giving out candy. And can you believe no pop, chips or cheesies here at all. I dont know about the rest of Canada but in the Sault the kids made a killing they would only do a few streets and would have enough candy for the year, they are lucky if the candy last a few days here. I think next year i will do a party its just not worth going out for 3 hours to get half a bag of candy. :(

It was pretty much the same thing here. We live in the burbs, so Hilo may be different, but most of the houses had the lights off. The few kids that did come to the door had such a small amount of candy (no chips, no soda). The weather was fantastic though - the skies cleared, nice and warm, cool breeze and no rain.

Actually one thing I noticed at Walmart was that they didn't sell the boxes of chips for trick or treating. I thought that was weird. No really big boxes of chocolate bars either. Biggest bag only had 50 chocolate bars.

I wasn't too surprised the soda wasn't given out though. Its soooooo bloody expensive in Hawaii. Like $1.30-1.50 for a can.

Timeline

the weather was great here too first time the kids wore shorts instead of snowsuites

I really didnt think I would see anyone handing out pop here either. The chips and stuff i figured i just didnt notice them in the stores, since i did see big bags of chips with all the small ones in it i just figured that how they sold em here. Oh well just something else to get used to here.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Timeline
Are you serious? Why?

Yep, totally serious. Because its a "pagan" holiday and its evil, so most churches here will have parties for the kids to keep them off the streets, so no one goes trick or treating. I've been here for 4 Halloweens now, and this year was the first time we had a trick or treater show up. Its a kid down the street who has no friends and has decided that James is his friend. He stopped by here before he went to church. We had no candy of course, because we've never had any trick or treaters.

Some towns around us have trick or treat, but a lot here in the bible belt don't I'd guess.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline
Are you serious? Why?

Yep, totally serious. Because its a "pagan" holiday and its evil, so most churches here will have parties for the kids to keep them off the streets, so no one goes trick or treating. I've been here for 4 Halloweens now, and this year was the first time we had a trick or treater show up. Its a kid down the street who has no friends and has decided that James is his friend. He stopped by here before he went to church. We had no candy of course, because we've never had any trick or treaters.

Some towns around us have trick or treat, but a lot here in the bible belt don't I'd guess.

Ugh...that sucks...

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.