Frank & Kim

DCF Process and Timelines

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi:

I'm finding it difficult to figure out exactly where we are in the process. Maybe some of you experts out there can fill me in a bit. Our timeline doesn’t seem to be following the normal pattern.

We brought our I130-application in to the US Embassy in Ottawa on June 24th of this year. We paid our fees, they stamped everything, and sent it on to Montreal.

The next time we heard from them was when we received an envelope called a “packet 3” on August 6th. We filled out all the forms therein, and sent it back August 8th. The only form required was a Biographical Information one for each of my wife and two daughters. The instructions said not to send the remaining documents, but rather to fill out a checklist attesting to the fact that we had them ready.

About a month later we sent an e-mail confirming that the documents had been received. They responded that they had, and that all that remained was an interview.

I have a couple questions, though:

1) Why didn’t we have the intermediate steps listed here (packet 2, etc.)

2) Any idea how long it will be before the interview comes through? The “timeline calculator” on this site says there is not enough data to calculate.

3) Is our experience normal for a Canadian DCF filing?

Any insight from you fellow experts out there would be helpful.

Hi:

I'm finding it difficult to figure out exactly where we are in the process. Maybe some of you experts out there can fill me in a bit. Our timeline doesn’t seem to be following the normal pattern.

We brought our I130-application in to the US Embassy in Ottawa on June 24th of this year. We paid our fees, they stamped everything, and sent it on to Montreal.

The next time we heard from them was when we received an envelope called a “packet 3” on August 6th. We filled out all the forms therein, and sent it back August 8th. The only form required was a Biographical Information one for each of my wife and two daughters. The instructions said not to send the remaining documents, but rather to fill out a checklist attesting to the fact that we had them ready.

About a month later we sent an e-mail confirming that the documents had been received. They responded that they had, and that all that remained was an interview.

I have a couple questions, though:

1) Why didn’t we have the intermediate steps listed here (packet 2, etc.)

2) Any idea how long it will be before the interview comes through? The “timeline calculator” on this site says there is not enough data to calculate.

3) Is our experience normal for a Canadian DCF filing?

Any insight from you fellow experts out there would be helpful.

Wow, the same thing is happening to my husband right now. I filed at the Manila Embassy through DCF too.. We just got packet 3. In that packet was a list of requirements he needs to complete. but he's not supposed to send them in yet. He has to bring it with him to his interview. We had to just send his DS-230 part 1 and interview for applicant readiness. just those two pieces of paper. We sent it in yesterday so i guess we just have to wait for packet 4....

Hello, I filed for my husband here in Saudi Arabia and our process was pretty much the same. We turned in our I130, waited for it to be approved, then got the packet 3 with the DS 230. They told us to prepare all of our documents and turn in ONLY the DS 230 part 1 and the readiness form. The other documents are to be mailed or brought along with you to the interview.

If you have turned in the DS 230 then all you should be waiting for is the packet 4, which has your interview date and medical instructions.

I'm guessing the time frame differs with each consulate, but we were told our interview would be in about a month and a half. It's been just over 2 weeks and we haven't recieved anything yet.

:clock: Here's to waiting!

Hello, I filed for my husband here in Saudi Arabia and our process was pretty much the same. We turned in our I130, waited for it to be approved, then got the packet 3 with the DS 230. They told us to prepare all of our documents and turn in ONLY the DS 230 part 1 and the readiness form. The other documents are to be mailed or brought along with you to the interview.

If you have turned in the DS 230 then all you should be waiting for is the packet 4, which has your interview date and medical instructions.

I'm guessing the time frame differs with each consulate, but we were told our interview would be in about a month and a half. It's been just over 2 weeks and we haven't recieved anything yet.

:clock: Here's to waiting!

our process took pretty long because they asked for alot of evidence of a marital relationship between me and my husband. we're kinda young, just 25 and 26 years old and just students. And to top that off we've only been married for less than two years. so we really had to prove to the immigration officer that we weren't doing this so that my husband could just get pass immigration. it's been so stressful lately just waiting... I'm so glad that you and me got the same thing in packet 3... I thought that we were missing documents...

So now we're in the waiting game too for the interview. I just hope my husband gets a appointment letter soon because I'm leaving for the states this thursday. Cause we were advised that at the time of the interview the practitioner should be in the United States.

Hang in there!

• 9 months later...

My husband will file DCF in USE manila this year 2009. If it is possible for him to stay till i get my visa approved, he will stay.But if not and need to go back he will return. My question is, Is it ok for him my husband to return to his homeland a at the day when the USE manila send me a letter of schedule of final interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
My husband will file DCF in USE manila this year 2009. If it is possible for him to stay till i get my visa approved, he will stay.But if not and need to go back he will return. My question is, Is it ok for him my husband to return to his homeland a at the day when the USE manila send me a letter of schedule of final interview?

Yes he can return to his homeland.

Consulate : Egypt

Visit Egypt : 2008-06-25

Marriage : 2008-10-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-07-15

Approved : 2009-07-15 Alhamdulilah

Packet 3 Received : 2009-07-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-08-04

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-15

Interview Date : 2009-08-24 APPROVED with no AP

Visa Received : 2009-08-28

Entry into the USA : 2009-10-05 Insha Allah

Thanks for that respond! So my husband can stay with me till i get a notice from the USE manila for a final interview. And then by the time i am already in the USE manila , my husband should be in his homelnad , right? After we got married he never come back yet to USA so he is here for 10 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.