• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
It did?

No.

HAL 9000 affirms that Santa is alive and well and getting ready to work.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
Meaning that I have so far paid more than $60,000 in mortgage payments month to month for 4 years yet I have only made a $10,000 dent on my loan. That is where I feel I have lost $8,000 that could have helped in denting the loan further, had I sold early.

If this goes on without resolve, what will my story be 2 to 3 years from now? Will I be upside-down on my mortgage!! That's where I think Government is important in problem-solving issues beyond the citizen's control.

Hey Gigli,

I know how you feel. If you want to make a bigger dent into your principal, one easy way is to ask your mortgager if they have a plan where you can pay every 2 weeks or 2x a month, instead of just 1x a month. This method changes the amortization of your loan, and you can pay off a 30 year loan in 19 to 23 years on average.

If you really want to get aggressive (and have the ability to) you can just throw in an extra principal payment at the end of the year, or a little bit every year.

I have a 30 year loan. By paying an extra $400 every month, I can pay off my home in 15 years, and save a HUGE chunk in Interest.

I know it doesn't help right now...but hopefully you can use this information toward your new home.

======= Yeah, I'm thread jacking...so what ========

Thanks Ling Ling. I am waiting for hubby to get here quick and get a job so we can do exactly that. We were even thinking of applying ALL of his pay towards paying off mortgage.

Got to go now....till tomorrow morning. It's been nice talking to you. Don't forget to watch the Obama Half hour Ad tonight.