scroll

Medical in Brazil

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Residing in Boa Vista in very Northern Brazil. There is no Dr. close by on the approved list. Guess will have to do medical in Rio when go for the interview. How much time will be needed to get the results from the Dr. in Rio? Will Rio give enough advance notice for the interview to allow the medical to be taken care of all in one trip? Very difficult and expensive to travel to Rio so much. Already went for the fingerprints. Consulate said that they will call to schedule the interview once the FBI fingerprint check is finished. Don't want to have to make additional trip if not necessary. Is it possible to get the required shots at Dr. not on the approved list? Any information from those with experience will be appreciated. Thanks and good luck to everyone in this process.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We saw the approved doctor in Rio the day before my fiances interview. We had to hurry arranging travel to Rio, because my fiance received notice of the interview 16 days before the interview. She had most of the tests and shots done by doctor in Espirito Santo, and the doctor in Rio reviewed her paperwork and did a physical examination on her, filled out some forms and sealed them in an envelope for her to take to the interview.

Bill

Residing in Boa Vista in very Northern Brazil. There is no Dr. close by on the approved list. Guess will have to do medical in Rio when go for the interview. How much time will be needed to get the results from the Dr. in Rio? Will Rio give enough advance notice for the interview to allow the medical to be taken care of all in one trip? Very difficult and expensive to travel to Rio so much. Already went for the fingerprints. Consulate said that they will call to schedule the interview once the FBI fingerprint check is finished. Don't want to have to make additional trip if not necessary. Is it possible to get the required shots at Dr. not on the approved list? Any information from those with experience will be appreciated. Thanks and good luck to everyone in this process.

Feb. 2005 - Met in Brazil the first time

May. 2005 - Visited Brazil

Aug. 2005 - Visited Brazil

10/30/05 - Mailed I129F

11/09/05 - NOA1

Nov. 2005 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/02/06 - NOA2

Feb. 2006 - Visited my fiance in Brazil

02/24/06 - Packet received at NVC

03/20/06 - Fiance received packet 3 from consulate

04/26/06 - Fiance received appointment letter

05/09/06 - I flew to Rio

5/10/06 - Met fiance at airport

5/11/06 - Medical exam in Rio

05/12/06 - Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!!

05/17/06 - Received visa in Rio

07/20/06 - POE Miami

10/16/06 - Married!!!!

01/10/07 - Sent AOS and EAD application

01/17/07 - NOA - Receipt

02/02/07 - Biometric appointment

02/09/07 - NOA - Transfer of case to California center

03/22/07 - EAD approved

05/10/07 - AOS approved!!!!

Eulalia and Bill

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

eclowjpd;

Thanks so much for the information. Yes, we had that same experience. We received the letter to come for the fingerprints on Friday night and had to be there on Tuesday afternoon. So we know about quick arrangements. :yes:

I guess that will be the case for the interview. But you answered my concern. We will be able to get the medical on the day before the interview and get the results from the Doctor in Rio the same day as the medical examination. That will be what we have to do.

aussiewench;

Thank you for your help, as always. You are definitely a walking encyclopedia of immigration. You always seem to be able to point everyone in the right direction. :thumbs: Good luck. It looks like you are getting really close to graduating.

Our best to everyone going through this process. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.