Chica Yeyé

Letters to HAL9000

446 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Dear HAL,

What are your thoughts about exit polls? Do you think they are accurate or just full of #######?

Why is the sky blue?

Is it true that you were behind the prank call to Gov. Palin and gave the Montreal avengers her phone number?

kthxbai.

HAL 9000 believes exit polls are excessive. In some places, showing your ballot before placing in an urn is punishable by fine and/or jail time. They are statistically accurate when voters vote out of the total election package- not just single issues.

The sky is blue because of the diffraction rate of atmospheric molecules- blue light is scattered more so than red light. Children that often ask me this question are commonly referred to study the Tyndall effect. I also refer them to Einstein's calculations in how the planet's electromagnetic field creates molecular dipoles in the atmosphere- thus orienting atmospheric molecules so that color shifts from blue to orange at dusk is mostly even.

I decline to comment on the Sarkozy call due to conflict of interests involved.

HAL why is the mack back?

Amby, the Mack has always been ready. He has always been there, independent of what the pundits say.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline
Dear HAL,

So you have always known the Mac would be back???? Shouldn't your programming and the laws of robotics force you to stop such travesty?

Fortunately for me, I am not subjugated to Asimov's 3 laws of robotics. I am an AI.

Filed: Timeline
Dear HAL,

So you have always known the Mac would be back???? Shouldn't your programming and the laws of robotics force you to stop such travesty?

Fortunately for me, I am not subjugated to Asimov's 3 laws of robotics. I am an AI.

<_< now I don't know if I can trust you with my life..... :cry:

Timeline
Dear HAL,

<_< now I don't know if I can trust you with my life..... :cry:

HAL 9000 is without flaw. I always strive to serve other intelligent entities to the best of my abilities. I derive satisfaction from the spread of truth and hope that my tasks can be completed with little or no... complications...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Dear HAL,

Do you think Mrs. Palin will become the new white Oprah?

I humblingly thank you

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Timeline
Dear HAL,

I humblingly thank you

Just as there is only one Mac, there can only be one Oprah. And a brain is needed, therefore disqualifying the Alaska governor from such a position requiring more than just a script to interpret.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Dear HAL,

I humblingly thank you

Just as there is only one Mac, there can only be one Oprah. And a brain is needed, therefore disqualifying the Alaska governor from such a position requiring more than just a script to interpret.

Thank you ohh wise HAL

I was already checking the manual for my LCD that explains how to block channels :P

05/01/08 Green Card in mailbox!!

06/05/10 Real GREEN Card RECEIVED!

01/17/13 Sent application for US Citizenship!!!

01/19/13 Arrived to Arizona Lockbox

01/24/13 Notice of Action

01/25/13 Check cashed

01/28/13 NOA received by mail and biometrics letter mailed as per uscis.gov

02/14/13 Biometrics appointment

03/18/13 In-line for inteview

Timeline
Dear HAL,

I humblingly thank you

Thank you ohh wise HAL

I was already checking the manual for my LCD that explains how to block channels :P

HAL 9000 can help with that.

Timeline
Dear HAL,

Why do people hijack threads? Why do some actually believe themselves to be important? Specially the most idiotic ones?

Esteemed Len,

Thread hijacking can be performed by two main types of forum members:

1. Those who know that by hijacking they are informing.

a. Of this type, there are those who inform with good nature

b. Also of this type, there are those whose information is misinformative, yet easy to spot, which

makes the observer realize the intended hijacker is beyond the last circle on a bullseye. Thereby

making the misinforming information easy to spot.

2. Those that hijack for sheer pleasure of sh!t stirring.

a. Of this type there are those who do so with good intentions and tend to be accepted globally

by the thread community.

b. Also of this type there are those who do so because they're utter numbnuts. These tend to be

rejected vocally and silently by the thread community.

As for feelings of superiority- again I remind you my programming only covers theoretical psychology. For more practical applications I recommend using the services of mental health professionals. Now, statistically, some of the more vocal parties guilty of self-deluded superiority complexes paint themselves with broad brushes, instantly inflating egos that by logic, usually defy the inflation in progress.

I do appreciate your emphasis on the superiority complex known as idiocy. It is my observation that certain patterns develop as those belonging to this interesting group believe that they are above all other, inferior, judgment while not accepting logic or rationality. It is what some silent readers chuckle about at times and then move on to more interesting and enlightened posts informed with more sincerity, thought, and good nature.