CJ Vasani

VSC Approvals / Touches - Week of October 27

92 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Not to be a downer, I seriously wouldn't anticipate any "speeding up" of the processing times, if anything the trend is headed in the other direction. When I first submitted in late march, the word was "probably 4 to 5 months". Then, by late this summer, it became "possibly 6". Now the processing time more and more seems like it's in the 8 to 8 1/2 month range. Save your pennies for plane tickets (to go see your SO), and settle in for a long wait. And, despite everything you read to the contrary on websites like this, there really is very little you can do to influence or speed up the process.

Anything is possible, and you could get it quickly (like my friend got his fiance's I-129f K-1 approval in 58 days), but, the odds are against it.

Sorry to be such a bummer, but I think preparing for the reality is heck of a lot better than continually being let down from a false sense of hope.

Good luck.

-CJ

Hey all

I wonder if anyone can shed some light. I see you are all very early filers and still waiting for approvals. im only an August filer but i havent recieved a touch or update since 20 August 2008. Im a litlle worried. My husband an i have been apart since April and i just dont know how much longer i can take this. Does no touches mean a bad thing? Has my application been over looked? Im freaking out just a little here!!! Anyone have some advice? Are there any August filers that have recent updates?

Thanks all. And Good luck

Hey

We're August filers too and no news of approval yet...I saw other people called I don't know if that helps. I wonder what's gonna happen in some days with the president elections, maybe they use it as an "excuse" to delay our waiting more... :angry: . Let's hope not

Anything can be an excuse for VSC: the large number of petitions received more than a year ago, the large number of naturalizations that had to be ready by past September, the presidential elections due next month, the bad weather any day... Why CSC is so different from VSC? (Just to think about it...)

Do you guys think that maybe processing times might speed up now that all the applications for the elections are over? i hope so cause when i first started this process the processing times were were like 4 months. i cant wait another 4 or 5 months!!!

its seriously crazy!! the long wait is just unacceptable! how can they keep spouses appart for so long. i see that there have also been more K1 approvals than k3! why is that?

i have so many questions!! lol sorry im also just frustrated like everyone else is im sure. thanks all for the help so far.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Not to be a downer, I seriously wouldn't anticipate any "speeding up" of the processing times, if anything the trend is headed in the other direction. When I first submitted in late march, the word was "probably 4 to 5 months". Then, by late this summer, it became "possibly 6". Now the processing time more and more seems like it's in the 8 to 8 1/2 month range. Save your pennies for plane tickets (to go see your SO), and settle in for a long wait. And, despite everything you read to the contrary on websites like this, there really is very little you can do to influence or speed up the process.

Anything is possible, and you could get it quickly (like my friend got his fiance's I-129f K-1 approval in 58 days), but, the odds are against it.

Sorry to be such a bummer, but I think preparing for the reality is heck of a lot better than continually being let down from a false sense of hope.

Good luck.

-CJ

Hey all

I wonder if anyone can shed some light. I see you are all very early filers and still waiting for approvals. im only an August filer but i havent recieved a touch or update since 20 August 2008. Im a litlle worried. My husband an i have been apart since April and i just dont know how much longer i can take this. Does no touches mean a bad thing? Has my application been over looked? Im freaking out just a little here!!! Anyone have some advice? Are there any August filers that have recent updates?

Thanks all. And Good luck

Hey

We're August filers too and no news of approval yet...I saw other people called I don't know if that helps. I wonder what's gonna happen in some days with the president elections, maybe they use it as an "excuse" to delay our waiting more... :angry: . Let's hope not

Anything can be an excuse for VSC: the large number of petitions received more than a year ago, the large number of naturalizations that had to be ready by past September, the presidential elections due next month, the bad weather any day... Why CSC is so different from VSC? (Just to think about it...)

Do you guys think that maybe processing times might speed up now that all the applications for the elections are over? i hope so cause when i first started this process the processing times were were like 4 months. i cant wait another 4 or 5 months!!!

its seriously crazy!! the long wait is just unacceptable! how can they keep spouses appart for so long. i see that there have also been more K1 approvals than k3! why is that?

i have so many questions!! lol sorry im also just frustrated like everyone else is im sure. thanks all for the help so far.

Really, it is what it is. There isn't a darn thing any of us can do about it. Count off the October and look forward to November. Hopefully the "Thanksgiving" might be a motivation to them and do some work before that... keyword here is hope.

at least you guys have more hope than i do because they are processing by K3 dates and even though my I-130 says March 5 my I-129f its June 12 so i still have to wait 2 more months!! if not more :(

080826-_EDSXyUxFY7L.jpg

Feliz con mi amor...

Ni la distancia ni el tiempo podran separar dos vidas determinadas a estar unidas...

Neither time nor distance can separate two lives that are destined to become one..

USCIS- VERMONT OFFICE

I-130 NOA 1 03/05/08

I-129f NOA 1 06/12/08

I-130 NOA2 12/14/08

I-129f NOA2 12/14/08

NVC

12/18/2008 Assigned Case number

12/22/2008 DS3032 and AOS bill generated

12/26/2008 Received INN by mail

12/26/2008 paid AOS bill

12/27/2008 sent DS3032 and I-864 package

12/29/2008 DS3032 choice of agent confirmation

12/29/2008 paid DS230

01/03/2009 sent DS230 package

01/07/2009 Complete Affidavit review and acceptance

01/12/2009 Case complete

04/13/2009 interview (approved)

K3 @ Embassy

sent to US embassy at SDO 12/19/08

received 12/23/08

interview date 04/22/09

Timeline
at least you guys have more hope than i do because they are processing by K3 dates and even though my I-130 says March 5 my I-129f its June 12 so i still have to wait 2 more months!! if not more :(

Quite frankly, I am sick and tired of it, but I know it's beyond my control, so I am just trying to stay patient.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Yeah, I love when people say, "I've been waiting for 2 months and I can't wait anymore"...it's like, okay, let's see what you can do about it. I've been waiting to be with my husband for over 1 year now. We took almost a year just to get all the stuff they required for the paperwork let alone the waiting time now for the application to process...

If someone knows the secret password to getting it done faster let us know...otherwise you have no choice but to wait with the rest of us poor souls!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

How do you know they go by K-3 NOA1 date?? We don't know that..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Charisma I've seen a lot of debate on both sides about this, and I think there's truth to both arguments, depending on what the person is talking about. Let me explain what I mean.

USCIS uses the I-129F NOA 1 as the judge of estimating whether or not your application is "inside" or "outside" of the normal processing times for a K3. This I know for a fact. The representatives at USCIS national customer service and VSC have told me on numerous occasions that their computers will not accept a petitioner's formal request for status information on the application until it passes the time reported as "normal processing time", which is calculated from the date of USCIS's acceptance of the I-129F, plus a period of 30 days beyond that time. Now, with the extra 30 days, there is a little bit of leeway with that, a rep can override the computers if you are "close" to that extra 30 day window. In my case, the magic "6 month" window passed on 10/4, and I was told several times that the computers would not accept my request until 11/4, but I was finally able to get a rep to override the system and issue a formal status inquiry for me on 10/27. I know a few other people who have been able to accomplish the same thing. All of this info was also told to me by my attorney, who used to work as USCIS/INS immigation judge.

Now - the other side of the argument. Just because those NOA1 dates are used to determine when you can qualify for a status request, the reality is they mean little to nothing as to when USCIS actually processes your request. Placing a formal inquiry doesn't necessarily do a thing to speed up your approval, it just means USCIS has to send you a letter within 30 days of your request with some report about what is going on with your case. The practical reality appears to be that many of the I-129F's are getting simultaneously approved with the I-130's when the K3 approval comes. And, seeing how the I-130 gets sent first, your actual approval may have more to do with when you sent in the I-130 then the I-129F, if there is a major difference in time between the two. My I-130 and I-129F NOA 1's are only a week apart. Of course, if that is what is happening, it sort of defeats the whole purpose of the I129F component of the K3 process, which is to get the person into the country faster while they wait for the I-130. I think, more than anything, what determines when you get approved is where those clowns place the application in their stack. I went to dinner with my two freinds last night, husband and wife, who felt compelled to buy my dinner, because they feel badly about my and my wife's 7 month wait, when they were approved in a mind-numbing 58 days. Of course, theirs was an I-129F for a K1.

I've seen your posts before, so I know you're very knowledgeable about all of this stuff; I am sure I explained a lot of things you already knew, but, that is why I think there is a difference in opinion when people on here debate about the relevant dates. Plus, writing all of this mess helps me pass the time during this unbelieveable wait.

-CJ

How do you know they go by K-3 NOA1 date?? We don't know that..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

CJ, thank you for the note... I just meant that the I-130 and K-3 petitions are dealt with separately and we have no strong evidence that if -for example, you filed the two 3 months apart, your I-130 will not be considered once it comes to the average processing time for it.

If I filed my I-130 on Feb. 01 and my K-3 on July 01, it doesn't mean that the I-130 will remain stuck until they are around approval time for similar K-3 filers... That's what I meant.

We are in a similar situation to yours (filed only 1 week apart or so), we are outside processing times, and will send a request to look into the situation as soon as we can..

Charisma but that what it seems to be the pattern mostly the ones that had been approved filled their i-130 after me but the i-129f before i did and got approved. i hope i'm wrong but it seems like they are going by k3 dates

080826-_EDSXyUxFY7L.jpg

Feliz con mi amor...

Ni la distancia ni el tiempo podran separar dos vidas determinadas a estar unidas...

Neither time nor distance can separate two lives that are destined to become one..

USCIS- VERMONT OFFICE

I-130 NOA 1 03/05/08

I-129f NOA 1 06/12/08

I-130 NOA2 12/14/08

I-129f NOA2 12/14/08

NVC

12/26/2008 paid AOS bill

12/29/2008 paid DS230

01/12/2009 Case complete

K3 @ Embassy

received 12/23/08

interview date 04/22/09

Timeline

I don't know what to think anymore...I give up on this process. I've gotten my congressman on the case and he claims that an 'officer' is looking at my I-129F since last Tuesday...I don't know whether to believe him or not. How long do they take to adjudicate? I am not seeing any 'touches' on the online status...same old touches of 3/17 on I-130 and 5/30 on I-129F.

I could really use some good news next week!

Cjvasani good luck i really want you to get approved! could you tell me who did you contact?

080826-_EDSXyUxFY7L.jpg

Feliz con mi amor...

USCIS- VERMONT OFFICE

I-130 NOA 1 03/05/08

I-129f NOA 1 06/12/08

I-130 NOA2 12/14/08

I-129f NOA2 12/14/08

NVC

12/26/2008 paid AOS bill

12/29/2008 paid DS230

01/12/2009 Case complete

K3 @ Embassy

received 12/23/08

interview date 04/22/09

Timeline
Cjvasani good luck i really want you to get approved! could you tell me who did you contact?

I contacted Congressman Weiner's office and their immigration director has been on the case. I have to say that they are very responsive, but don't know if I should believe them given that I haven't seen anything yet.

Do you know who your congressman is?

I just found out Yvette D. Clarke I just called them and they said to go to their office but the issue is that I have no days left to take off and I have asked permission twice to leave early as my father had a heart procedure. I contacted Hillary but they only give me generic answers.

080826-_EDSXyUxFY7L.jpg

Feliz con mi amor...

USCIS- VERMONT OFFICE

I-130 NOA 1 03/05/08

I-129f NOA 1 06/12/08

I-130 NOA2 12/14/08

I-129f NOA2 12/14/08

NVC

12/26/2008 paid AOS bill

12/29/2008 paid DS230

01/12/2009 Case complete

K3 @ Embassy

received 12/23/08

interview date 04/22/09

Timeline
I just found out Yvette D. Clarke I just called them and they said to go to their office but the issue is that I have no days left to take off and I have asked permission twice to leave early as my father had a heart procedure. I contacted Hillary but they only give me generic answers.

Try sending them an e-mail explaining your issue. They gotta have a website where you can get e-mail address or submit a form. that's how I did it.

they don't have that option :S

080826-_EDSXyUxFY7L.jpg

Feliz con mi amor...

USCIS- VERMONT OFFICE

I-130 NOA 1 03/05/08

I-129f NOA 1 06/12/08

I-130 NOA2 12/14/08

I-129f NOA2 12/14/08

NVC

12/26/2008 paid AOS bill

12/29/2008 paid DS230

01/12/2009 Case complete

K3 @ Embassy

received 12/23/08

interview date 04/22/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.