CJ Vasani

VSC Approvals / Touches - Week of October 27

92 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
Congratulation Mama Lulu! Nice to see a March filer approved.

Thanks! We were so excited to see our I-129 and I-130 were approved yesterday. Good luck to you too. Mama Lulu.

Our timeline:

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-21

MamaLulu Congrats!!! Im happy for your approval. But My 1-130 Noa1 is 10 days ahead of you. What is happening to our case?

mamalou

Thank you. It's a mystery what they are doing at VSC. I was very surprised that the I-130 and I-129 were approved at the same time. As of last month I-130s were a few months behind the I-129s. We had no RFEs, have been married for almost 7 years and have 2 kids. Could those facts make a difference in processing time?

Good luck to you...any day now.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats on your approvals guys............

I called VSC today and got a young guy who didnt seem to sharp, but he didnt read from a script, actually looked at our case numbers and said the I-130's were on feb. 4th. Since we reached 6 months, this past saturday, I wanted some answers. He told me that on Nov. 12th, the I-129f will reach 6 months and then to call VSC and request expedite. He even gave me the right options to choose to get there.....

Obviously a new guy and even wished me good luck......I was all prepared to tell him to dont bother reading rom a script and to save his breath if he was going to go that route......didnt get the chance...;)

Well, 2 approvals so far this week. THats great....maybe a last push here for October?

Edited by Birch-Beer

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I called VSC today and got a young guy who didnt seem to sharp, but he didnt read from a script, actually looked at our case numbers and said the I-130's were on feb. 4th. Since we reached 6 months, this past saturday, I wanted some answers. He told me that on Nov. 12th, the I-129f will reach 6 months and then to call VSC and request expedite. He even gave me the right options to choose to get there.....

Obviously a new guy and even wished me good luck......I was all prepared to tell him to dont bother reading rom a script and to save his breath if he was going to go that route......didnt get the chance...;)

Well, 2 approvals so far this week. THats great....maybe a last push here for October?

Congratulations to those who have been approved. We are new to the website, filed at the slow VSC :clock: and are hoping things go quickly. At least quicker then they have been going. Does anyone have any suggestions to speed up the process? Does calling VSC actually help?

"Love...is a way of feeling" SYL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hey all

I wonder if anyone can shed some light. I see you are all very early filers and still waiting for approvals. im only an August filer but i havent recieved a touch or update since 20 August 2008. Im a litlle worried. My husband an i have been apart since April and i just dont know how much longer i can take this. Does no touches mean a bad thing? Has my application been over looked? Im freaking out just a little here!!! Anyone have some advice? Are there any August filers that have recent updates?

Thanks all. And Good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hey all

I wonder if anyone can shed some light. I see you are all very early filers and still waiting for approvals. im only an August filer but i havent recieved a touch or update since 20 August 2008. Im a litlle worried. My husband an i have been apart since April and i just dont know how much longer i can take this. Does no touches mean a bad thing? Has my application been over looked? Im freaking out just a little here!!! Anyone have some advice? Are there any August filers that have recent updates?

dont worry, many of us havent had a touch in months. my last touch was 06/13. so hang in there. its a waiting game...sit tight and hope for the best!

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

B-B:

Interesting. I called VSC on Monday, and was told the same thing you were. Also, USCIS National cust. serv. let me put in my inquiry for status on Monday as well, although I don't hit 7 months until 4/4.

Now - back to the "expedited request" thing. I called national customer service today, and told them that the VSC agent had told me to call national back with an expedited processing request. the agent at national asked me what the name of the agent was at VSC who gave me that info, and I told him I did not know. I have now learned that you should always ask the VSC agents to pronounce their names at least once, because most of them, when they answer the phone, say their name so quickly it is almost impossible to understand - which I am sure they do on purpose.

Anyway, the agent at national said thatfalling outside the normal processing times did not meet one of the key criteria for expedited processing, at least not for an I-129f K3. He did say it was possible that VSC may have made a decision very recently to allow expedited processing of I-129f's that were outside normal processing times, but they were not aware of it at national. He said he would check into it.

Anyway, please report on whether or not you have any luck on this. I am going to call back to VSC tomorrow and see if I get the same answer, and this time I will make sure I get the name of the agent I speak to.

Good luck.

-CJ

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Sorry. I said I hit 7 months on 4/4, I meant 11/4. 4/4 was my NOA 1 date.

B-B:

Interesting. I called VSC on Monday, and was told the same thing you were. Also, USCIS National cust. serv. let me put in my inquiry for status on Monday as well, although I don't hit 7 months until 4/4.

Now - back to the "expedited request" thing. I called national customer service today, and told them that the VSC agent had told me to call national back with an expedited processing request. the agent at national asked me what the name of the agent was at VSC who gave me that info, and I told him I did not know. I have now learned that you should always ask the VSC agents to pronounce their names at least once, because most of them, when they answer the phone, say their name so quickly it is almost impossible to understand - which I am sure they do on purpose.

Anyway, the agent at national said thatfalling outside the normal processing times did not meet one of the key criteria for expedited processing, at least not for an I-129f K3. He did say it was possible that VSC may have made a decision very recently to allow expedited processing of I-129f's that were outside normal processing times, but they were not aware of it at national. He said he would check into it.

Anyway, please report on whether or not you have any luck on this. I am going to call back to VSC tomorrow and see if I get the same answer, and this time I will make sure I get the name of the agent I speak to.

Good luck.

-CJ

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hey all

touches dont mean ####### but if you just filed in august,

you can see many have been here waiting since March.

sooooooo, ...............

figure 8 months to noa2 then you;ll be pleasantly surprsied if you get it before that....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
Hey all

Hey

We're August filers too and no news of approval yet...I saw other people called I don't know if that helps. I wonder what's gonna happen in some days with the president elections, maybe they use it as an "excuse" to delay our waiting more... :angry: . Let's hope not

"Love...is a way of feeling" SYL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Hey all

Hey

We're August filers too and no news of approval yet...I saw other people called I don't know if that helps. I wonder what's gonna happen in some days with the president elections, maybe they use it as an "excuse" to delay our waiting more... :angry: . Let's hope not

Let me let u in on a secret, it will take anywhere from 7-10 months for an approval. Yes. If you are one of the lucky ones maybe an approval in 3-6 months(don't get your hope up too much). No one really knows for sure with VSC. Please, those of you that are late filers, I mean like august, september, and so on...don't expect any touches for a while. You will or might get one maybe 3 months into it, which means that they are pairing up the the two- i130 and 129f together. There are several petition here that were approved without any touches and there are petitions that got touched like 10-15 times before approval. Everyone hang in there. There are many of us late feb and early march petitions waiting...still waiting. Look at our timelines for the touches and how long we have been waiting. It is totally out of our control.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hey all

Hey

Anything can be an excuse for VSC: the large number of petitions received more than a year ago, the large number of naturalizations that had to be ready by past September, the presidential elections due next month, the bad weather any day... Why CSC is so different from VSC? (Just to think about it...)

Our Immigration Timeline:

Form I-130 sent to Chicago - 03/18/08 (Case in VSC)

NOA 1 - 03/26/08

Updates - 04/01/08; 06/16/08; 06/17/08

NOA 2 - 01/23/09

NVC received papers - 01/30/09

NVC generated DS 3032 and AOS bill - 02/02/09

DS 3032 sent by e-mail and snail mail - 02/02/09

NVC replied my e-mail confirming my choice of agent - 02/06/09

AOS bill received - 02/07/09

AOS bill and IV bill paid online - 02/07/09

AOS and IV display the PAID message - 02/11/09

AOS and DS-230 packages sent - 02/11/09

NVC received packages - 02/13/09

NVC sent RFE (mistake on DS-230) - 02/20/09

Form DS-230 re-sent (as requested) - 02/26/09

CASE COMPLETE - 03/05/09

Interview date assigned - 03/10/09

Case forwarded to the embassy - 03/11/09

Medical Examination - 04/08/09

CR1 interview - 04/09/09 - VISA APPROVED!

Visa in hand - 04/??/09

POE - 04/??/09

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hey all

touches dont mean ####### but if you just filed in august,

you can see many have been here waiting since March.

sooooooo, ...............

figure 8 months to noa2 then you;ll be pleasantly surprsied if you get it before that....

whats up with them touching a bunch of us on the same day? are we sitting on the same guys' desk.... look at our timelines.. very similar and same day touches too!

Well my congressman found out what my touches were "routine" :)

Good luck to everyone

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Congratulation Mama Lulu! Nice to see a March filer approved.

Thanks! We were so excited to see our I-129 and I-130 were approved yesterday. Good luck to you too. Mama Lulu.

Our timeline:

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-21

MamaLulu Congrats!!! Im happy for your approval. But My 1-130 Noa1 is 10 days ahead of you. What is happening to our case?

mamalou

Thank you. It's a mystery what they are doing at VSC. I was very surprised that the I-130 and I-129 were approved at the same time. As of last month I-130s were a few months behind the I-129s. We had no RFEs, have been married for almost 7 years and have 2 kids. Could those facts make a difference in processing time?

Good luck to you...any day now.

VSC told my congressman that "the 130 would be pulled for processing at the same time as the 129f" I guess they are trying to get some of the cases pulled together ?? who knows

Congrats btw! :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
Hey all

Hey

Anything can be an excuse for VSC: the large number of petitions received more than a year ago, the large number of naturalizations that had to be ready by past September, the presidential elections due next month, the bad weather any day... Why CSC is so different from VSC? (Just to think about it...)

Do you guys think that maybe processing times might speed up now that all the applications for the elections are over? i hope so cause when i first started this process the processing times were were like 4 months. i cant wait another 4 or 5 months!!!

its seriously crazy!! the long wait is just unacceptable! how can they keep spouses appart for so long. i see that there have also been more K1 approvals than k3! why is that?

i have so many questions!! lol sorry im also just frustrated like everyone else is im sure. thanks all for the help so far.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.