Sprailenes

Have we talked about Wegmans yet? I think we have...

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

well, if we ever do end up moving to the Syracuse area, I know where to go shopping :yes:

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Off topic buuut:

You know if you go to other provinces there is some hate against Ontario, some people call us "Little America" and stuff. :lol:

It's quite funny. Some people would even go so far as to say that if you live in the golden horseshoe you aren't a true Canadian.

HA!

:blink: really? hmmm I don't think I have ever heard that about ONT...

Heard it about QC & NL but not ON :whistle:

I have heard it. I spent some time in Alberta working at the fairmont and many of the employees would tease me because I was from Ontario.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Off topic buuut:

You know if you go to other provinces there is some hate against Ontario, some people call us "Little America" and stuff. :lol:

It's quite funny. Some people would even go so far as to say that if you live in the golden horseshoe you aren't a true Canadian.

HA!

I have heard it. I spent some time in Alberta working at the fairmont and many of the employees would tease me because I was from Ontario.

Weird! I'm from Alberta and have never heard that either...are you sure they were Albertans? Prob more likely from Winnipeg :lol:

Timeline

I just recently found out that Wegmans is the only store in the U.S. that carries my favourite Canadian vegetarian product called "YVES VEGGIE" they make the best veggie burgers, veggie dogs, neatballs, etc. They are made in Canada and just recently started exporting to the U.S. and carried exclusively at Wegman's. That excited me to no end when I found out because I really love this brand and now I can get it down there :dance:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Off topic buuut:

HA!

Weird! I'm from Alberta and have never heard that either...are you sure they were Albertans? Prob more likely from Winnipeg :lol:

:lol:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

My aunt and uncle recently took their daughter up to her new boarding school in PA. They were visiting last night talking about their trip and this amazing store they found.

It was Wegman's. I thought of you guys. :yes:

~ Catherine

Timeline

WEGMANNSSSS!!! WOOOO! Best store ever, although very expensive. They have amazing sandwiches there and just foods in general.

Also Nev, you are not alone in the Ontarians not being real canadians thing. My first year roommate at university was from Alberta and she made sure I knew I was only 1/2 Canadian all the time. :lol: She is one of my best friends in life now, but man...did she really know how to get me going with the whole "ontarians can't fit their head through the door" comments.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Wow, looks like you got lots of goodies there! I checked out their website, but alas there is non in my state. Looks like a great store though!

Thanks for sharing!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
WEGMANNSSSS!!! WOOOO! Best store ever, although very expensive. They have amazing sandwiches there and just foods in general.

Also Nev, you are not alone in the Ontarians not being real canadians thing. My first year roommate at university was from Alberta and she made sure I knew I was only 1/2 Canadian all the time. :lol: She is one of my best friends in life now, but man...did she really know how to get me going with the whole "ontarians can't fit their head through the door" comments.

That seems kind of odd that Albertans would say that, considering Alberta sometimes threatens to "join the United States." My wife, whose originally from Alberta, told me she's never heard of anyone labeling Ontarians as "half-Canadian" or "Little America." I'm sure it's a person-by-person issue, rather than a provincial one. I think it's like how some Americans refer to states such as Maine or Minnesota as "part of Canada." :P

Some parts of NY are hogging all of the Wegmans, but unfortunately not where I live (Orange County). I moved from PA where we had 3 within a 20 minute's drive to NY where we have none. I wrote Wegmans a plea for a new store but they only sent me a list of their planned openings, all of which were in NJ at that time. :-(

At least I can visit when I drive down to my company's PA site since there's a Wegmans along the route (more or less).

BTW, Weetabix is available in a lot of stores, not just Wegmans, which is good for us. My kids love Weetabix. But that developed from a trip to the UK years ago. Check out the Organic section if it doesn't turn up in the regular cereal or international sections.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Timeline

That seems kind of odd that Albertans would say that, considering Alberta sometimes threatens to "join the United States." My wife, whose originally from Alberta, told me she's never heard of anyone labeling Ontarians as "half-Canadian" or "Little America." I'm sure it's a person-by-person issue, rather than a provincial one. I think it's like how some Americans refer to states such as Maine or Minnesota as "part of Canada." :P

No its definitely a western Canada thing... most common amongst the granolas.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

DeadPool, it's definitely a Western thing. Many westerners I have met think Ontario is full of a bunch of snob, American-like peoples who literally are rich and are basically a-holes. It is not just my roommate and friend I have experienced this from in the past. There are definitely a few other encounters I have had, whether it be comedians or songs written, etc.

I don't think you can be the best judge of it when you haven't been in Canada that long and also aren't from Western Canada or Eastern Canada. That is certainly no dig at you, but when you have 25+ years experience in the situation, it may seem a little different to you than an outsider.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Dang.. I guess the East Coast just doesn't "get" it.. I had no idea that Westerners had such a poor view of ONT.. bah.. but I guess it makes some sense.. perhaps it's projection from all the transfer payments they lose to feeding/taking care of all us Maritimers that suck off the wests good fortune (and ONT gets blamed because they house the gov).. I dunno :P

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
DeadPool, it's definitely a Western thing. Many westerners I have met think Ontario is full of a bunch of snob, American-like peoples who literally are rich and are basically a-holes. It is not just my roommate and friend I have experienced this from in the past. There are definitely a few other encounters I have had, whether it be comedians or songs written, etc.

I don't think you can be the best judge of it when you haven't been in Canada that long and also aren't from Western Canada or Eastern Canada. That is certainly no dig at you, but when you have 25+ years experience in the situation, it may seem a little different to you than an outsider.

Perhaps I haven't been in Canada that long, but I do know human nature. The U.S. has had more than its share of issues like this. Just because you happen to meet some people in the past who were from Western Canada and didn't care for Ontario (and the Canadians living there), that doesn't mean all Canadians living in the western provinces are like that. Perhaps some people in Alberta or BC have met some Ontarians who were complete jerks. Does that mean all Canadians who live in Ontario are like that? Of course not.

If you want Canadians elsewhere to stop thinking incorrect ideas about Ontario, perhaps those from Ontario should do the same with those from other provinces. It works both ways, after all. B)

I also find it somewhat amusing that I'd be told that "I couldn't judge Canada" based upon my limited living experience here, while many of the Canadians in this forum have judged the United States and lack very much living experience there. That does seem a bit hypocritical, doesn't it?

Edited by DeadPoolX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.