john & jean

TROPHY HUNTERS

119 posts in this topic

let's include something about the philippines to keep this in this forum.

I DISCOVERED A REAL TROPHY IN THE PHILIPPINES!!!

that's a given. but is there any hunting in pi? wild boar? deer?

American husbands

can you come up with something original :whistle:

does this qualify to keep the thread in the Philippine Forum

Philippines: Crocodile Hunting May Open, Plus New Buffalo Species

Published: November - 2007

Jay Carlson of Mindoro Safaris in the Philippines has news about the hunts he conducts there. His most exciting news concerned the possible opening of hunting for saltwater crocodiles. Unfortunately, hunters from the US and EU will probably not be able to import these animals, but that should not stop hunters from Mexico, South America and other parts of the world from doing so.

Carlson says he is working with the Philippine government to issue export permits for this species under a trophy hunting program. Seems there is a large population of these animals in an area where the former Marcos government abandoned a crocodile farming scheme. Carlson says a plan to export hides commercially fell apart when importers boycotted skins from the Philippines. Now, Carlson says he has gotten the government interested in producing revenue from these animals by allowing a limited number of sport- hunters to take some of the 12- to 18-foot crocodiles that have been seen in the area. Carlson did not want to speculate when the program would become a reality, but he promised to keep us up to date.

On another matter, Carlson said he is trying to get a variety of buffalo he hunts recognized as a new species. For the past couple of years, he has been collecting information to submit to the SCI Record Book Committee in hopes that they will create a new category in the Philippines. The animal in question is one that subscriber and former SCI Record Book Committee member Dave Hanlin first told us about three years ago (see Article ID 1312). Originally, Hanlin and Carlson thought the animal may be a cross between Asian water buffalo and the tamaraw, which is an endangered species on the Appendix I of CITES. Well, it now seems t........(continued)

http://www.huntingreport.com/hunting_artic...ils.cfm?id=1975

Edited by sunandmoon

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

American husbands

Jay Carlson of Mindoro Safaris in the Philippines has news about the hunts he conducts there. His most exciting news concerned the possible opening of hunting for saltwater crocodiles. Unfortunately, hunters from the US and EU will probably not be able to import these animals, but that should not stop hunters from Mexico, South America and other parts of the world from doing so.

Carlson says he is working with the Philippine government to issue export permits for this species under a trophy hunting program. Seems there is a large population of these animals in an area where the former Marcos government abandoned a crocodile farming scheme. Carlson says a plan to export hides commercially fell apart when importers boycotted skins from the Philippines. Now, Carlson says he has gotten the government interested in producing revenue from these animals by allowing a limited number of sport- hunters to take some of the 12- to 18-foot crocodiles that have been seen in the area. Carlson did not want to speculate when the program would become a reality, but he promised to keep us up to date.

On another matter, Carlson said he is trying to get a variety of buffalo he hunts recognized as a new species. For the past couple of years, he has been collecting information to submit to the SCI Record Book Committee in hopes that they will create a new category in the Philippines. The animal in question is one that subscriber and former SCI Record Book Committee member Dave Hanlin first told us about three years ago (see Article ID 1312). Originally, Hanlin and Carlson thought the animal may be a cross between Asian water buffalo and the tamaraw, which is an endangered species on the Appendix I of CITES. Well, it now seems t........(continued)

there's crocs in pi? :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

American husbands

there's crocs in pi? :blink:

do they make robes ... blankets ... and other items from the hides of the Philippine's buffalo? :blink:

Edited by Natty Bumppo

so is there any game to hunt in pi? wild pigs, birds, anything?

there is hunting in the philippines, wild boar or we called it baboy damo somewhere in Aurora Quezon, Philippines, bat hunting but i'm not sure where is the place, snakes somewhere in Pampanga, Philippines and the best hunting to our country is treasure hunting :whistle:

Timeline
so is there any game to hunt in pi? wild pigs, birds, anything?

there is hunting in the philippines, wild boar or we called it baboy damo somewhere in Aurora Quezon, Philippines, bat hunting but i'm not sure where is the place, snakes somewhere in Pampanga, Philippines and the best hunting to our country is treasure hunting :whistle:

bat hunting! :blink: not for me.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I haven't hunted in about 40 years and that is because the last time I hunted I found several animals dead and just left there because they didn't make to 'trophy' quality. :angry: By the way, just in case you were wondering, those fellows were later caught by the Colorado Game and Fish! :dance:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I haven't hunted in about 40 years and that is because the last time I hunted I found several animals dead and just left there because they didn't make to 'trophy' quality. :angry: By the way, just in case you were wondering, those fellows were later caught by the Colorado Game and Fish! :dance:

THOSE WERE KILLERS, NOT HUNTERS. I AM GLAD TO HEAR THEY WERE CAUGHT.

Timeline

good that they were caught :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My friends ... Let me just paste what I posted back in August anent a thread in fishing started by one of our paisanos, AJAnTess. This is a fishing anecdote with a bit of human interest in it. Here it is:

During my sojourn as a graduate student at New Mexico State in Las Cruces, my friends and I would go to this picnic area at Caballo Lake just outside Truth or Consequences, N.M. We would bring a fishing tackle with us just in case somebody would desire to cast for fun. One late spring day in the high desert, a classmate, his name was Jimmy, while casting by the high chaparral, snagged a 1 pound something. We did not know what the species of the fish was, we were all tyros; maybe it was a bass, or maybe it was a crappie. Anyway, we were all gagas over the fish but Jimmy had to release the catch back into the water.

I mentioned Jimmy above, we became close friends, and after finishing our studies I came back to the Philippines and he went home to Santa Fe. We kept in touch over the years, became sweethearts, and Jimmy had his most prized catch ever in me, never to be released back again! :jest: :jest: :jest:

Edited by Bésame Mucho

aka Señorita Tessa, Señora Bonita, Mariquita Linda, Muñequita Linda, Amor Perdido y Chaparrita Chula!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Topics about field and stream and the great outdoors fascinate me and they bring out a feeling of satisfaction and proper self-esteem. I love the outdoors as I angle for rainbows at the lakes and streams and I chase eagles and birdies on the links. I read them too; matter of fact, the only periodicals that I subscribe to, other than the local daily, are Field and Stream and Golf Digest. And thanks to Publishers Clearing House for the low subscription rates! :thumbs:

As I read these posts about hunting in the Philippines, my mind brings me back to when I was in my teens, growing up in Ilocos Sur. I am out of the Philippines for 35 years now, but the recollections of my younger years while hunting for wild chickens (abuyo in Ilocano, labuyo in Tagalog, I think) are still very vivid in my memory. :star:

I reminisce that on those afternoons when my brother and I would guide our small herd of cattle from pasture to the corral by the house, we would pass by this wooded hillside where wild chickens roamed. We could hear the hens clucking around, probably looking for food or flirting with the roosters that were crowing loudly to perhaps display their masculinity to the distaff side. Our only equipment to get at these chickens was a slingshot (tirador) but it was too obsolete and the chances of hitting the prey from 70 yards away were slim and none. We never got a wild chicken with the sling shot, but as months passed by we were able to bag some with an air rifle. :thumbs:

Also, my uncle would bring me with him to hunt for the giant wild Philippine lizard that we called "bañas" in Ilocano. I don't what they were called in Tagalog but these reptiles were akin to the iguanas in Latin America or the gila monsters in the Arizona desert. Kinsfolk would remind me that these were good eating, more savory than pork or chicken, albeit I never tasted any nor did I dare to taste any. My uncle was a sharpshooter, and for hunting purposes he used a .45 caliber handgun that was a relic from World War II. :star:

Thank God I grew up in God's Country.

We have abundant lake with Trophy LargeMouth Bass, Trophy SmallMouth Bass, and Trophy Stripers.

Plus we have or had some great Duck, Dove, Quail and Deer to Hunt around the Dallas Area.

I grew up with a Shotgun in one hand, and a Fishing Pole in the other hand.

I have given up Hunting the last 8 years mainly due to finding free land to hunt.

I have turned up my Bass Fishing and I fish several tournament circuits in North Texas.

I run a 518 Ranger I have started to make a name for myself in North Texas in Bass Fishing Circuits.

I just got home from Lake O' the Pines 2 day Classic where I placed 1st with a 2 day total of 30 lbs.

We had big bass Day One of 6+ lbs, we cashed a check for almost $3,000

I have taken Anais Bass fishing a couple of weeks ago on Lake Welsh in East Texas and she was able to stick 4 largemouth and may have the Black bass Fever.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since we're in da subject of fishin' let me post this anecdote for y'all:

Two rednecks go on a fishing trip. They rent all the equipment - the reels, the rods, the wading suits, the rowboat, the car, and even a cabin in the woods. I mean they spend a fortune!

The first day they go fishing, but they don't catch anything. The same thing happens on the second day, and on the third day. It goes on like this until finally, on the last day of their vacation, one of the men catches a fish.

As they're driving home they're really depressed. One guy turns to the other and says, "Do you realize that this one lousy fish we caught cost us fifteen hundred bucks?"

The other guy says, "Wow! Then it's a good thing we didn't catch any more!" :jest: :jest: :jest:

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

Timeline
Since we're in da subject of fishin' let me post this anecdote for y'all:

Two rednecks go on a fishing trip. They rent all the equipment - the reels, the rods, the wading suits, the rowboat, the car, and even a cabin in the woods. I mean they spend a fortune!

The first day they go fishing, but they don't catch anything. The same thing happens on the second day, and on the third day. It goes on like this until finally, on the last day of their vacation, one of the men catches a fish.

As they're driving home they're really depressed. One guy turns to the other and says, "Do you realize that this one lousy fish we caught cost us fifteen hundred bucks?"

The other guy says, "Wow! Then it's a good thing we didn't catch any more!" :jest: :jest: :jest:

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I reckon this hunting anecdote is gooder than grits!

A big game hunter walked into the bar and bragged to everyone about his skills as a hunter. The man was undoubtedly a good shot and no one could dispute that. But then he said that they could blindfold him, and he would recognize any animal's skin from its feel. And if he could locate the bullet hole. he would even tell them what caliber rifle was used to shoot it. This was a bit too much for the other customers, and soon a heated argument was going on. Then the hunter said that he was willing to prove it if they would put up the drinks, and the bet was on.

They blindfolded him carefully and took him to his first animal skin. After feeling it for a few moments, he announced, "Spring Buck." Then he felt for the bullet hole and declared, "Shot with a .22 rifle." The others could not believe it. He was right, and the argument was even hotter than before. When some started to suggest that he must have peeked, he said that he was prepared to do it again. He would put up all the drinks they had bought before against them buying another round for him.

So they blindfolded him again, very thoroughly this time, and they brought a skin that someone happened to have in their car. He took a bit longer this time and then said, "Kalahari Lion" and fingering the bullet hole said, "and the rifle was a .308," which of course was right. This, of course, was like throwing fat on the fire, and he had to prove is skills over and over again, every time against a round of drinks.

Finally he staggered home, stoned out of his mind, and went to sleep. The next morning he got up and saw in the mirror that he had one heck of a shiner. So he said to his wife, "Listen, I know I was drunk last night, but not too drunk to know that I did not fight anyone in that bar. So where did I get this black eye?" His wife replied angrily, "From me, of course."

"But what did I do?" he asked. She replied, "You got into bed and put your hand down my panties. Then you fiddled around a bit and announced in a triumphant tone: 'Skunk, killed with an axe'." :lol: :lol: :lol:

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.