SimoAndYvette

Need clarification on something, regarding...PORK!

100 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Just try marrying a Hindu vegetarian who has never eaten ANY meat whatsoever in his life!!!!

Before you jump on me I will say I have been off and on vegetarian for many years before marriage, gave up beef about 10 years ago, then pork, then chicken, then fish... I did relapse last year when I had a horrible Giardia attack, felt so weak and once had some chicken thinking it might make me feel stronger, otherwise no meat or fish for the past 2 years.

It is so difficult sometimes, I will never admit to my husband but I miss fried chicken, teriyaki burgers, McD's sausage biscuits, kalua pork and poi, spam musubi.... I am from Hawaii and the basic food groups are meat and rice - macaroni salad is a 'vegetable'... :jest: It is hard but really more healthy to give up that stuff even if paneer makhani, rice pulau and naan isn't really much better.... :lol:

You crack me up! Macaroni salad!

I miss meats too! In the US I have no problem finding pork sub at my local market with all the Kosher and Halaal products out! But here .... OMG totally different story ... even being in a Muslim country! I have hard time buying/eating meat! I have after over 2 years finally convinced my meat lusty husband that the meat they sell in the market, that have been hanging on a hook in the sun (esp in the hottest of summer days) with all the smells, blood flowing in the streets ... that they sell right next to the green vegatables that gets all over my shoes and the hem of my trousers YUK! Finally he has seen the light ---> that kind of meat isn't good (healthy) and in general daily doses of red meat isn't good for the health or the wallet ... so slowly but slowly he has gone to enjoy turkey, chicken and even many days a full vegatarian meal (big WAW for him LOL)!!! :thumbs:

But I sure do miss all the turkey/beef bacons, sausages, pepperonis and deli meats I used to consumed ... I mean I am healthier sure with less of these meats (processed meats) but still miss them ... even more so miss CHEEEEESSSSEEE! Feta, cheddar, muenster, colby, pepper jack and parm just to name a few!!!!! :crying:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Reality of it is pigs will eat ANYTHING, But chickens will also will eat anyhting if its ground up, in egypt my grandmother fed a chicken with another chickens liver, and they ate it right up. Animals are animals.I feel what determins an animals cleanliness, is what environment was it raised in, and what it was fed.

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!

If you believe in the Holy Bible you may wish to cut pork out of your diet as well and have done with it.

Deuteronomy chapter 14 verse 8 says:

And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

Leviticus as well:

Leviticus 11

1 And Jehovah spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the living things which ye may eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.

3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that may ye eat.

4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that part the hoof: the camel, because he cheweth the cud but parteth not the hoof, he is unclean unto you.

5 And the coney, because he cheweth the cud but parteth not the hoof, he is unclean unto you.

6 And the hare, because she cheweth the cud but parteth not the hoof, she is unclean unto you.

7 And the swine, because he parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, but cheweth not the cud, he is unclean unto you.

8 Of their flesh ye shall not eat, and their carcasses ye shall not touch; they are unclean unto you.

9 These may ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, that may ye eat.

10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of all the living creatures that are in the waters, they are an abomination unto you,

11 and they shall be an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, and their carcasses ye shall have in abomination.

12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that is an abomination unto you.

13 And these ye shall have in abomination among the birds; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the gier-eagle, and the ospray,

14 and the kite, and the falcon after its kind,

15 every raven after its kind,

16 and the ostrich, and the night-hawk, and the seamew, and the hawk after its kind,

17 and the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,

18 and the horned owl, and the pelican, and the vulture,

19 and the stork, the heron after its kind, and the hoopoe, and the bat.

20 All winged creeping things that go upon all fours are an abomination unto you.

21 Yet these may ye eat of all winged creeping things that go upon all fours, which have legs above their feet, wherewith to leap upon the earth.

22 Even these of them ye may eat: the locust after its kind, and the bald locust after its kind, and the cricket after its kind, and the grasshopper after its kind.

23 But all winged creeping things, which have four feet, are an abomination unto you.

24 And by these ye shall become unclean: whosoever toucheth the carcass of them shall be unclean until the even;

25 And whosoever beareth aught of the carcass of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.

26 Every beast which parteth the hoof, and is not clovenfooted, nor cheweth the cud, is unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean.

27 And whatsoever goeth upon its paws, among all beasts that go on all fours, they are unclean unto you: whoso toucheth their carcass shall be unclean until the even.

28 And he that beareth the carcass of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: they are unclean unto you.

29 And these are they which are unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth: the weasel, and the mouse, and the great lizard after its kind,

30 and the gecko, and the land-crocodile, and the lizard, and the sand-lizard, and the chameleon.

31 These are they which are unclean to you among all that creep: whosoever doth touch them, when they are dead, shall be unclean until the even.

32 And upon whatsoever any of them, when they are dead, doth fall, it shall be unclean; whether it be any vessel of wood, or raiment, or skin, or sack, whatsoever vessel it be, wherewith any work is done, it must be put into water, and it shall be unclean until the even; then shall it be clean.

33 And every earthen vessel, whereinto any of them falleth, whatsoever is in it shall be unclean, and it ye shall break.

34 All food therein which may be eaten, that on which water cometh, shall be unclean; and all drink that may be drunk in every such vessel shall be unclean.

35 And every thing whereupon any part of their carcass falleth shall be unclean; whether oven, or range for pots, it shall be broken in pieces: they are unclean, and shall be unclean unto you.

36 Nevertheless a fountain or a pit wherein is a gathering of water shall be clean: but that which toucheth their carcass shall be unclean.

37 And if aught of their carcass fall upon any sowing seed which is to be sown, it is clean.

38 But if water be put upon the seed, and aught of their carcass fall thereon, it is unclean unto you.

39 And if any beast, of which ye may eat, die; he that toucheth the carcass thereof shall be unclean until the even.

40 And he that eateth of the carcass of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: he also that beareth the carcass of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.

41 And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth is an abomination; it shall not be eaten.

42 Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all fours, or whatsoever hath many feet, even all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.

43 Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby.

so ancient peoples were smart enough to figure out that trichinosis was coming from pork, but too stupid to know that strep, tuberculosis, and brucellosis can all be found in cow's milk and so cow's milk wasn't banned? that raising cattle probably introduced measles and smallpox to human populations, but raising cattle was never banned? cattle get tapeworms too.

i don't buy that theory.

I do because it goes hand-in-hand with the Jewish law requiring not mixing milk with meat at a meal. Back in the day, bowls were not ceramic, or metal, or other materials which would not have cracks in which foodstuffs could seep and decay, thus the formation of bacterias.

so ancient peoples were smart enough to figure out that trichinosis was coming from pork, but too stupid to know that strep, tuberculosis, and brucellosis can all be found in cow's milk and so cow's milk wasn't banned? that raising cattle probably introduced measles and smallpox to human populations, but raising cattle was never banned? cattle get tapeworms too.

i don't buy that theory.

I do because it goes hand-in-hand with the Jewish law requiring not mixing milk with meat at a meal. Back in the day, bowls were not ceramic, or metal, or other materials which would not have cracks in which foodstuffs could seep and decay, thus the formation of bacterias.

bacteria are not "formed" from cracks in bowls, though bowls can be fomites and transfer bacteria between foods. and how does not mixing milk with meat protect you from pathogens like strep, tb, or brucella that are just in cow's milk? how would not mixing milk with meat protect you from tapeworms just in meat? how would you be protected from measles and smallpox being transferred to humans from cattle regardless of whether you eat milk or cheese with meat?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Other Timeline
Just try marrying a Hindu vegetarian who has never eaten ANY meat whatsoever in his life!!!!

Before you jump on me I will say I have been off and on vegetarian for many years before marriage, gave up beef about 10 years ago, then pork, then chicken, then fish... I did relapse last year when I had a horrible Giardia attack, felt so weak and once had some chicken thinking it might make me feel stronger, otherwise no meat or fish for the past 2 years.

It is so difficult sometimes, I will never admit to my husband but I miss fried chicken, teriyaki burgers, McD's sausage biscuits, kalua pork and poi, spam musubi.... I am from Hawaii and the basic food groups are meat and rice - macaroni salad is a 'vegetable'... :jest: It is hard but really more healthy to give up that stuff even if paneer makhani, rice pulau and naan isn't really much better.... :lol:

You crack me up! Macaroni salad!

I miss meats too! In the US I have no problem finding pork sub at my local market with all the Kosher and Halaal products out! But here .... OMG totally different story ... even being in a Muslim country! I have hard time buying/eating meat! I have after over 2 years finally convinced my meat lusty husband that the meat they sell in the market, that have been hanging on a hook in the sun (esp in the hottest of summer days) with all the smells, blood flowing in the streets ... that they sell right next to the green vegatables that gets all over my shoes and the hem of my trousers YUK! Finally he has seen the light ---> that kind of meat isn't good (healthy) and in general daily doses of red meat isn't good for the health or the wallet ... so slowly but slowly he has gone to enjoy turkey, chicken and even many days a full vegatarian meal (big WAW for him LOL)!!! :thumbs:

But I sure do miss all the turkey/beef bacons, sausages, pepperonis and deli meats I used to consumed ... I mean I am healthier sure with less of these meats (processed meats) but still miss them ... even more so miss CHEEEEESSSSEEE! Feta, cheddar, muenster, colby, pepper jack and parm just to name a few!!!!! :crying:

Sounds like the meat in KTM - left hanging out on the street with flies on it.... :dead: In Nepal the 'sanitary' way to handle meat is to put turmeric on it(which does have some antioxidant properties) but still leave it out in the streeet, unwrapped, in the heat, with flies on it.... :wacko: Even locals get sick from it - my nasty ex got sick TWICE when I was there for eating buffalo meat - and there are people who doubt karma??? :devil: .

Try making a nice chicken biryani with just a little chicken meat, mostly rice and veg - with all the flavors going on if you eat like this eventually you won't need the meat - If I were in MENA I could live on felafel, hummus, babaganoush. yum..... I would miss the cheese though - I could never go vegan because of it....

Edited by Pattu Rani

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.