mamalou

Over 8 months of waiting...

33 posts in this topic

Wow jeca, I looked at your timeline, you even had to wait forever to get your NOA 1's back. Well, I'm rapidly approaching 7 months, so I am not as bad off as some of these poor souls, but it still stinks. Am starting to really regret that me and the mrs. didn't go the K-1 fiancee route. The people I know personally who went that way got through much faster, wickedly faster. I tried to convince my wife of that before we got married, but she had a lot of people around her in her home country giving her really bad advice. She got scared and thought I didn't want to marry her. Now, she's regretting the K-3 route, too.

Good luck to all. Keep the faith, it's about all we've got at this point.

-CJ

I'm so frustrated too, touched 8/5 and nothing since. When will this be over, I'm soooooooooo tired of waiting.

The only regret I have was not moving to Portland, OR when I came back from Asia in Aug. My application would have gone through CSC. Instead, I choose to come back to the east coast and I'm stuck at VSC for what appears to be a very long wait...Oh well, it can't get any worse at VSC, it can only get better, huh? We'll all have our day, so let's just continue sticking together... :thumbs:

First time chatting on yahoo messenger: Jan 6, 2007
Met in person in Manila: May 12, 2007
Returned to Manila: Sep 25, 2007
Will you marry me?: Sep 26, 2007
Wedding: Jan 5, 2008
Mailed I-130 Petition application: Aug 11, 2008
NOA1 for I-130: Aug 15, 2008
Touched (I-130): Aug 21, 2008
Mailed I-129F (K-3) application: Aug 22, 2008
NOA1 for I-129F (K-3): Aug 27, 2008
Touched (K-3): Sep 1, 2008
Touched (I-130): Oct 8, 2008
Touched (I-130): Oct 9, 2008
Approved (K-3 and I-130): Feb 11, 2009
Interview: 6/3/2009- Approved!
POE: 8/25/2009!

AOS
Sent: 3/3/2011
NOA1: 3/11/2011
Biometrics: 4/5/2011 - everything went fine!
RFE: 4/11/2011
RFE response received by USCIS: 4/28/2011

N-400

Filed: 7/17/2014

Text receipt: 7/23/2014

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Yeah, there is no hope with VSC. I called again today and they told me the same thing that most of you all have gotten, wait another 30-45 days for a response from VSC. It doesn't matter what date it shows on the uscis website, they can fall back on many excuses not to give you a straight answer. Good luck to all. The wait continues....... :(:angry:

Edited by robbyrob

Piensa pisitivo amor. Ya pronto esto se va a terminar. Si necesitas alguin conquien halar mandame un PM y te hare llegar mi numero de telefono. VALOR!!!!! :innocent:

Joanny

9761.gif

9762.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Robbyrob I'm curious about your situation - seeing how you are now at 7 months, have you requested an inquiry from USCIS? My "magic date" is a week from Tuesday (election day), 11/4. I'm just curious to see what response they gave you if you asked for that.

Yeah, there is no hope with VSC. I called again today and they told me the same thing that most of you all have gotten, wait another 30-45 days for a response from VSC. It doesn't matter what date it shows on the uscis website, they can fall back on many excuses not to give you a straight answer. Good luck to all. The wait continues....... :(:angry:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Robbyrob I'm curious about your situation - seeing how you are now at 7 months, have you requested an inquiry from USCIS? My "magic date" is a week from Tuesday (election day), 11/4. I'm just curious to see what response they gave you if you asked for that.

I did ask for inquiry and they took it since I was past the processing dates posted for the i129f . They first checked and made sure I was past the posted process date, then they made sure I was past 30 days from that. Then they made a inquiry report and said they will forward it to vsc and I can expect to receive a reply no later than 30-45 days. I got a conf # for this inquiry and said I will get a reply by email. So as I said the wait continues even though I am past the date posted. I see it as it doesn't matter what date is posted they still get 75 more days(30days + 45 more days) to give you a straight answer. uscis is totally out of control. BTW I spoke to a officer at uscis since vsc was closed by the time i called. I feel so depressed with this ongoing BS. Good luck to everyone.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

6 months since filed for 129f and 7 1/2 months since 130f. still on calling them they only tell to wait. seems like a really looooooooooong period. hopefully we will we together for christmas 2008. i keep praying to God to bless them and give them more energy to work on our files. we should hear a positive response this month. with 1 week left for this month to end we will see a miracle. i am praying that they dont stop working coz its election or thanksgiving or christmas holidays. we too want to be with our loved ones. Lord please make them work fast on our files and give us an approval this month.

6 months since filed for 129f and 7 1/2 months since 130f. still on calling them they only tell to wait. seems like a really looooooooooong period. hopefully we will we together for christmas 2008. i keep praying to God to bless them and give them more energy to work on our files. we should hear a positive response this month. with 1 week left for this month to end we will see a miracle. i am praying that they dont stop working coz its election or thanksgiving or christmas holidays. we too want to be with our loved ones. Lord please make them work fast on our files and give us an approval this month.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hayssss, October is about to end, Still no NOA2, I check case online everyday, hoping & wishing we can see changes but only frustrations, I'm overstressed now living apart from my husband, I got sick this week I assumed my immune system getting low. Our case is already over 8 mos going 9 mos this Nov 19, no updates, no touches. OHH, I dont know know what to do now. Why do we have to suffer so much? VERY FRUSTRATING & AGGREVAITING :crying::crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

mamalou

Sent 1-130 Feb 19,2008 Noa1 Feb 29,2008 touches 5/7 & 5/8

Sent 1-129F Mar 22,2008 Noa1 Mar 25,2008 touched 4/17 ....nothing fallows

Case status: PENDING

clik picture; me, the lady in red

My husband talked to the USCIS lady yesterday and somehow i was relieved she said to wait couple of weeks or 1 month at the most before we can hear news or a decision for our case, she said they are working on the Feb petition. Anyway i feel cooler now because of what she said. I hope its really true.

mamalou

MARLO SY PARKER

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

besides prayers, perseverance, patience, determination, and a wishful glass of wine now and then LOL, the two things that helped me keep going was.. going thru all the work and waiting....once it is done it is done.. and not matter how bad...keep the luv and communication open, share in the worries and fustrations but don't let it be the main focus and overshadow why we are doing it... because of the love for our spouse! try to stay positive and hopeful..too much negative can make a spouse feel overwhelmed and give up... keep your chin up and know you are not alone... many have gone thru all these ups and downs and have won and you can too! Just keep your focus on your goal.... life together!

09/2005 submitted I130, 08/09/2006 completed medical,case left NVC to Montreal Embassy July 7, 2006
06/07/2006 NVC CASE COMPLETE! (278 days from I130 submitted to NVC case complete)
August 2006 Interview at Montreal Embassy, need to submit I601 & I212 waiver.July 2007 submitted waivers to Montreal Embassy who forwarded to Vermont Service Center
October 2007 rec'd receipt and notification or waiver processing from VSC, April 2008 rec'd RFE for I601 July 2008 submitted RFE, and rec'd receipt, advised written decision within 60 days
October 24, 2008 sent written request for case status to VSC, May 2009 after written request for status update recd letter "being processed"
July2009 requested Senator inquiry again.. response "with officer, required extra processing" if no response check back 6 months!
Dec 09 requested senator inquiry again, Jan 8 2010 requested more than "general inquiry" senator Jan 11, 2010 Senator requested supervisor
Jan 12, VSC told senator's office we wld recd notice in mail 7 - 10 days Jan 20, 2010 I601 DENIED.... letter dated Jan 14, 2010
April 2010, granted 290b approval to send to Appeal for review

October 2011 Appeal denied due to fraud, now dumped by husband, now with Canadian Arabic woman from Tunisa for Canada residence.. processing Immigration with her now

thru Canada

July2013 He ws deported back to Egypt almost a year ago due to out of status for almost 2 years

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Wow jeca, I looked at your timeline, you even had to wait forever to get your NOA 1's back. Well, I'm rapidly approaching 7 months, so I am not as bad off as some of these poor souls, but it still stinks. Am starting to really regret that me and the mrs. didn't go the K-1 fiancee route. The people I know personally who went that way got through much faster, wickedly faster. I tried to convince my wife of that before we got married, but she had a lot of people around her in her home country giving her really bad advice. She got scared and thought I didn't want to marry her. Now, she's regretting the K-3 route, too.

-CJ

I'm so frustrated too, touched 8/5 and nothing since. When will this be over, I'm soooooooooo tired of waiting.

can't help but reply to this when i read it. if this is any consolation to you, we opted for k-1, instead of k-3 because we wanted so much to be together sooner. we exchanged vows last year here in the philippines but didn't file or register anything since we wanted to file k-1. and guess what? we filed feb. 4 and until now we are waiting for our NOA2. how is that??? i have seen some k-3's that have moved so fast ... faster than k-1s. it is really frustrating. so ... as you've said, we have to keep the faith. let's keep praying and believing. ~ liza ~

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

liza dear thanks for taking the time to share. My heart breaks for you, and you are a real friend to share that difficult experience.

-CJ

-CJ

can't help but reply to this when i read it. if this is any consolation to you, we opted for k-1, instead of k-3 because we wanted so much to be together sooner. we exchanged vows last year here in the philippines but didn't file or register anything since we wanted to file k-1. and guess what? we filed feb. 4 and until now we are waiting for our NOA2. how is that??? i have seen some k-3's that have moved so fast ... faster than k-1s. it is really frustrating. so ... as you've said, we have to keep the faith. let's keep praying and believing. ~ liza ~

Oh sigh... Now I am acutally hoping it takes longer, because had a big financial setback and need more time to earn enough to pay her way here... :( Never thought I would hope for more time, but I need that, a couple months more... I guess it looks like that is what I will get.

Timeline

-CJ

i understand what you feel i am sending you a millions of prayers

and billions of hug i hope you feel better soon

god bless

I-129F Sent............................02-21-08

I-129F NOA1...........................02-24-08

I-129F NOA2...........................07-31-08

NVC Received.........................07-14-08

Consulate Received.................07-20-08

Appointment Letter Received....07-31-08

Medical Exam..........................08-26,27-08

Paid Delbros (DV)....................09-09-08

USEM released docs to N.S.O......09-15-08

Interview Date........................09-19-08 (pink slip and white slip for dv)

N.S.O forward dv to USEM...........10-10-08

Papers are ready for review at the Counsel....10-27-08

Waiting for the printing for my visa................11-3-08

Visa Received.........................11-7-08

flight to USA...........................11-15-08

POE DETROIT..........................11-16-08

Married..................................12-30-08

S.S.S.....................................Nov-20-08

State I.D ...............................Nov-22-08

Working Permit........................Feb-12-09

GreenCard...............................Jun-4-09

Let JESUS be

the owner of your Heart...

Let his love be

your inspiration

to live life For

his Glory.....

May the two Heart

finally beat as one

523135dk607du962.gif 2843e33xll20h8.gif

Timeline
Hayssss, October is about to end, Still no NOA2, I check case online everyday, hoping & wishing we can see changes but only frustrations, I'm overstressed now living apart from my husband, I got sick this week I assumed my immune system getting low. Our case is already over 8 mos going 9 mos this Nov 19, no updates, no touches. OHH, I dont know know what to do now. Why do we have to suffer so much? VERY FRUSTRATING & AGGREVAITING :crying::crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

mamalou

Sent 1-130 Feb 19,2008 Noa1 Feb 29,2008 touches 5/7 & 5/8

Sent 1-129F Mar 22,2008 Noa1 Mar 25,2008 touched 4/17 ....nothing fallows

Case status: PENDING

clik picture; me, the lady in red

MAMALOU U BEETER HIRE A GOOD LAWYER TELL UR HUBBY ABOUT IT..... WAKE UP MAMALOU!TELL UR HUBBY TO HIRE A LAWYER NOW,,,,,WHAT VISA ARE U AGAIN?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.