Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Hey guys, did you see somebody with June '08 NOA1 got approved yesterday (VSC)!!! Yeay!!! :dancing:

293 days! Just wish there are more approvals like that. Now compare that to 60+ days approvals :wacko:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hey guys, did you see somebody with June '08 NOA1 got approved yesterday (VSC)!!! Yeay!!! :dancing:

293 days! Just wish there are more approvals like that. Now compare that to 60+ days approvals :wacko:

woohoo! a month or so ago, this 6+month room was packed, then suddenly we all started getting approved at once, like 10 or more of us. must have started working on the backlog. maybe they are doing that again! I sure wish they would work on the 1 year+ cold cases too! :(

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We received an email with the approval last night!!!

We applied in June and we never heard anything back and no touches. When I found this website a few weeks ago and I saw that the time we were waiting was really long, we called the VSC, but since we were still within their time line they didn't do anything.

On March 16th the time line was updated and now our waiting period was longer then indicated, so we called and they were going to investigate to see what was going on. I checked even yesterday at 6pm and nothing had changed and then at 7.15pm an email with the good news.

I wish all the other people who are still waiting good luck.

Jenny

Time line K1 visa:

I129F package send: May 28th, 2008

NOA1 received: June 5th, 2008

NOA2 approval: March 25th 2009

Medical exam: May 26th 2009

Interview: June 8th 2009

Visa received :June 11th June 2009

We applied in June and we never heard anything back and no touches. When I found this website a few weeks ago and I saw that the time we were waiting was really long, we called the VSC, but since we were still within their time line they didn't do anything.

On March 16th the time line was updated and now our waiting period was longer then indicated, so we called and they were going to investigate to see what was going on. I checked even yesterday at 6pm and nothing had changed and then at 7.15pm an email with the good news.

Jenny

I'm so pleased for you Jenny! :dance: And welcome to VJ. :)

Let's hope the rest of your journey goes a lot faster.

Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Jenny

Yayyy! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Congratulations Jenny! (I'm Jenny too!) Its about time!! best wishes for the rest of your journey!!

Jenny

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Jenny

Yay! Congratulations! You must be so relieved now. Yours took 9 months like ours!! Everything has gone pretty smoothly since & we are just waiting for our interview date now.

Good Luck!! :thumbs::thumbs:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To those of you like Sara who are still waiting, I feel so guilty writing this post; however, I know that it gives you all hope.

This morning when I opened my email I found the classic notice from CRIS that we have been approved. The truly interesting thing is that i called them two days ago to let them know we were finally outside their official timeline When they recently updated their web site for Vermont processing times to show six months, it put my Petition four months outside the official processing time the USCIS claims. One week prior, we were outside their supposed processing time. In one week, somehow by the miracle of science, my Petition was four months beyond their official processing time. One week and four months pass. God almighty.

Anyway I called them and reported that I was now beyond their reported timeline. They still made me jump through hoops checking the date my Receipt number matched with their now reported timeline for processing. Low and behold their employee admitted my Fiance and I were not officially beyond the official timeline they report. So guess what. In two days I got approved

I am thrilled to death we are finally on our way. I hurt so much for the rest of you who are still waiting. I encourage you to play by their rules and call them when you are officially outside their reported timeline for processing. Unless your fiance is truly a subject of concern to them, I suspect you too will then have a sudden approval. It stinks, but it is what it is. I also encourage you to be courteous to them and not go nuts on them. I think it hurts you if you complain too much. Just bear with the system, and ultimately it will get you where you want to be.

God bless all of you still waiting.

Carl

To those of you like Sara who are still waiting, I feel so guilty writing this post; however, I know that it gives you all hope.

This morning when I opened my email I found the classic notice from CRIS that we have been approved. The truly interesting thing is that i called them two days ago to let them know we were finally outside their official timeline When they recently updated their web site for Vermont processing times to show six months, it put my Petition four months outside the official processing time the USCIS claims. One week prior, we were outside their supposed processing time. In one week, somehow by the miracle of science, my Petition was four months beyond their official processing time. One week and four months pass. God almighty.

Anyway I called them and reported that I was now beyond their reported timeline. They still made me jump through hoops checking the date my Receipt number matched with their now reported timeline for processing. Low and behold their employee admitted my Fiance and I were not officially beyond the official timeline they report. So guess what. In two days I got approved

I am thrilled to death we are finally on our way. I hurt so much for the rest of you who are still waiting. I encourage you to play by their rules and call them when you are officially outside their reported timeline for processing. Unless your fiance is truly a subject of concern to them, I suspect you too will then have a sudden approval. It stinks, but it is what it is. I also encourage you to be courteous to them and not go nuts on them. I think it hurts you if you complain too much. Just bear with the system, and ultimately it will get you where you want to be.

Carl

Congratulations. :dance::dance::dance: Don't feel guilty, you have waited a long time!

I have you have a smooth ride from now on! :thumbs:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Carl

Thankyou so much for sharing this with us, it has made me feel tons better !!! I will be at 6 months on April the 1st; therefore havent waited as long as you, however longer than the majority. Believe me, I will be on the phone as soon as it reaches 6 months!!! Congratulations and I wish you all the best for the rest of the journey :yes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

never never feel guilty about getting an approval or advancing forward in ur visa journey everyone that moves makes us feel like we ourself have accomplished something when we celebrate with u

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just received the NOA2 (March 20 dated) from NOA1 date of Sept 10.

I did contact my senator 10 days prior to the 6 month date.

Their website did not get updated showing NOA2 status... Still shows "pending".

California Service Center, I129F K1

NOA1 Sept 10 2008

NOA2 March 20 2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just received the NOA2 (March 20 dated) from NOA1 date of Sept 10.

I did contact my senator 10 days prior to the 6 month date.

Their website did not get updated showing NOA2 status... Still shows "pending".

California Service Center, I129F K1

NOA1 Sept 10 2008

NOA2 March 20 2009

congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
:dance:Congratulations!!! Omedetooo! :dance:

2008-10-21: I-129F sent

2008-10-27:NOA1

2009-02-19:NOA2

2009-02-24:NVC received

2009-04-07:NVC left (42days )

2009-04-14:packet

2009-04-14:police check

2009-04-27:medical exam

2009-05-13:medical reexamine---passed

2009-06-15:interview

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.