Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Wow, Jokalu, you have a child, it must be more painful in this case, but we'll all be soon with our loved ones and this waiting story will be forgotten.

check out my online shop: www.justchic.etsy.com

07-10-2009 POE Washington

07-29-2009 applied for SSN

07-30-2009 civil ceremony

08-13-2009 AOS sent to USCIS

08-16-2009 AOS received by USCIS

08-19-2009 NOA 1 for AP, EAD, GC

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-11-2009 GC file transferred to CSC

09-23-2009 SSN arrived by mail

09-24-2009 Biometrics for EAD, GC

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

11-20-2009 infopass appointment-they will generate a service request to expedite my EAD

12-09-2009 phoned USCIS, infopass lady did nothing!!

I got 2 Service Request Numbers for AP & EAD

12-09-2009 CRIS e-mail reply: EAD: "additional reviews are performed" - deadline 6 months

12-14-2009 CRIS e-mail reply :AP: "reviews" - deadline 60 days

12-14-2009 contacted the senator about the EAD

12-15-2009 touch: GC & AP. should I expect some approvals ?:) or am I too optimistic ?:(

12-16-2009 another touch

12-21-2009 EAD & AP approved OMG!! Is it really true? :)

12-26-2009 AP arrived by mail

12-28-2009 second e-mail about the approval of EAD

12-30-2009 GC APPROVED!!!!!!

12-31-2009 GC ordered

01-12-2010 GC received yuppie!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stepha, I am really sorry that you guys are now stuck too in security checks. This seems really weird to me since you already received an RFE before. I would have assumed that you were already done with these checks. :(

To all others here, keep up the hopes! We all know it is not easy. I (the beneficiary) felt like the US government is trying to invade my life. When filling out these numerous forms I always had and still have the impression I wasn't wanted in their country. It really gave me headaches. Oh well, I just wanna be with my SO. And I will be soon.

So will you!!! :yes:

Nick I understood that it's the beneficiary who gets checked at this stage. My fiance, the petitioner, got his citizenship one month before we applied for the visa, so he had been already checked up.

Still I don't get what's the connection with a job in the government. This made me think at the second time when I visited the States and when the customs officer got suspicious that I was coming back so soon (first visit in October, second in December) and she started to ask me all sorts of questions, among which: where I was working." Is it a government?" I don't know if my positive answer made she go into more details (my job, etc) or she would have asked me for details no matter the place of work….

I seriously doubt that had anything to do with it. I came back within 2 months too and was asked the same questions, it's to check for immigrant intent and also a customs thing to see if you're visiting often to bring things into the country from your job.

The petition stage is for that only; the petitioner. The beneficiary isn't checked until the consulate stage, hence why you'll be denied for previous overstays at the interview only.

I hope you get out soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
The petition stage is for that only; the petitioner. The beneficiary isn't checked until the consulate stage, hence why you'll be denied for previous overstays at the interview only.

really? are u sure? what if they get a hit on the beneficiary's name? There must be some check on them even at this point? Or not .idk. i guess u have to be right bcos they dont ask for bene.'s records or any criminal past, just for the petitioner.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Oh wow! 6 more months?? blimey! hopefully it wont be long!!

6 months is BS. I just heard back from my Senator's office and they said 120 days but call back in 90 if you aren't approved. We are stuck in the background check unit.

I think the wait depends on how interested they are in helping you.

NOA 2. Really?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

6 months is BS. I just heard back from my Senator's office and they said 120 days but call back in 90 if you aren't approved. We are stuck in the background check unit.

I heard back from my senator's office today. The letter was dated yesterday. I really doubt they contacted CSC. It's only been 3 days since I went down to my senator's office and my case hasn't been touched since then. The letter stated that my "fiancé's case is being held pending a routine security clearance." And there's no estimate on how long that may take. In the letter, they said to contact them again in 90 days. I wonder if anyone has ever had this fast of a response from a senator's office.

Sigh.

04/08/09: The worst day of my life

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Yes - they send an email and it gets a response quickly, only the response doesn't seem to be very helpful!

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I heard back from my senator's office today. The letter was dated yesterday. I really doubt they contacted CSC. It's only been 3 days since I went down to my senator's office and my case hasn't been touched since then. The letter stated that my "fiancé's case is being held pending a routine security clearance." And there's no estimate on how long that may take. In the letter, they said to contact them again in 90 days. I wonder if anyone has ever had this fast of a response from a senator's office.

Sigh.

Seriously that is what they sent to you? :wow: you must be joking. first thing is it would take them longer then 3 days :rofl: what a joke. and second they would send a letter to USCIS. that alone takes more than 3 days. Did you mail a request to the senators office, or did you walk it in and actually talk to them? Its expected when USCIS gives you the run around and lies to you...................but you senators office? :wow: I sure hope you didnt vote for that guy

:(

sorry, but you thought right im pretty sure your a smart person.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

Comments : My application was touched atleast 12 times before getting to NVC

01/04/09: Went to senators office to speak to them about an inquiry into my case.

01/06.09: Senators office send letter of inquiry to UNCIS CSC.

02/18/09: Called USCIS asked for service request

02/21/09: Recieved letter from USCIS that im in security checks :( and to call beck in 6 nonths..... WOW

02/25/09: APPPRROOVVVVAAALLLL NOA2 Alhumduallah

03/05/09: NVC receives papers

03/06/09: NVC send papers to counsulate

03/12/09: Counsulate have papers

03/27/09: Packet 3

04/02/09: Doctors (everything is a-okay0

04/28/09: Interview

04/28/09: AP ( need nothing further will call when able to proceed

05/04/09: Counsulate call and tell her to come 05/06/09 to counsulate for appointment? Told to bring passport......Is this the day???

05/06/09: Second interview (everything went well) Counsulate keep passport

05/07/09: Call from counsulate to pick up visa tomorrow

05/08/09: VIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAA IN HAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

ALLLLLLLLHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUAAALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

05/19/09: Inshallah my hobi will be in my arms!

age.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Yes - they send an email and it gets a response quickly, only the response doesn't seem to be very helpful!

Yeah, I think it's part of the game. But eventually, the service center can't keep srewing with you if you jump through all of the hoops. I'll be outside of their bogus processing time in April anyway...and the sentaor's office told me to call back if I want to talk about the case (without waiting 90 days).

NOA 2. Really?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Looks like Ill be formally join y'all in the coming weeks :(

Don't mean to be blue about it but lets face it nobody in here really wants to be here...

Chris got our NOA1 today when he went to visit their office.... We only filed in August so thats ok... looks like USCIS no longer has access to our case and doesn't know why... and well it's all just a big mess.

So.... how is everyone here????

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Jokalu, did u or your SO send in your letters to congress (or senators)? (thanks for your help by the way). I just sent mine in. Hopefully hear something soon! i'LL be very happy to see a touch on my case. I want to see my last updated date change for once! :wacko:

Maybe it wouldnt be so hard if we knew what on earth was going on with our cases. Wish I could be a fly on the wall there. Or a fly on my file. haha, my file is probly hazardous to flies, its covered in dust and spiderwebs. :P

Yes, my fiance send the letters the last week, one for each Senator (Burris & Durbin) , and one for his congressman, so we just wait for a response, and ill be very very happy to see a touch or anything in mi case too, but am afraid to hear that we are finally in a background check, my SO has become a USC the last year, so the USCIS check his entire life a few months ago, so what is the problem, and about me, i dont have police records, i never entry to the USA, we send a plenty evidence of our relationship, we have a two years old son, so why they put our file under all the petitions????? i dont get it :crying::crying::crying: , but you know what, am sure you have your NOA2 before me....

aww, you guys have a son? thats more sad that he cant be with both his parents. i doubt i'll get mine before you...but I still am hoping we get ours the same day!! :star: :star: hang in there! =)

yes is so hard to me raise our child alone, we never thought this proccess take it to much time, but see us now, our baby is grow up, and we still away, but yes we hang in there, and i hope too get ours NOA2 the same day.... ;)

K-1 & K-2
Visa in hand: may 14
POE: Chicago (O'Hare) 05/29/2009 finally together!!!958013z2g3nx0iwd.gif
384957uvzupp2kbf.gif
AOS Journey:
sep 25 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox (AOS FOR K-I & K-2)
sep 27 received and signed
0ct 7 NOA in mailbox (dated oct 2 )
oct 13 biometrics letter (10/27/2009)(DONE)
oct 21 transfer to CSC letter in mailbox ( dated oct 16)
nov 13 : EAD & AP approved
touch after EAD & AP approval? USCIS crazy ppl.
nov 20: AP arrive in the mail
nov 21: EAD arrive in mail

NOV 30: AOS APPROVED (Thanks GOD)
DEC 5: GC & SS arrived in mail
I-751 sent: 08/26/2011
NOA 1: 08/30/2011
BIO: 10/13/2011[/color
I-751 approved 06/28/2012
CARD RECEIVED 05/07/2012

Timeline

Don't mean to be blue about it but lets face it nobody in here really wants to be here...

Chris got our NOA1 today when he went to visit their office.... We only filed in August so thats ok... looks like USCIS no longer has access to our case and doesn't know why... and well it's all just a big mess.

Well, hopefully you won't have to join us, but if we do: welcome aboard. Its real crowded in here so we are hoping to get rid of some of these veterans, first n foremost Sara! This is a nice encouraging thread tho. I got too depressed at my July thread, everyone got approved, ppl are doing interviews, some already moved to the U.S. I'm love them, I'm happy for them, but I get soooo depressed...i cant relate to that stuff right now.

Sigh.

Aaw, thats no good :(. Well, I'll probly hear the same thing. :crying: I didnt vote for any of them anyway :P

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Timeline

I know we are all discouraged and depressed by this process, but we have a lot to be grateful for. Look at this poor VJer's story if you havent read it. He has it worse then any of us by far!! :crying: :crying: :crying:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2622619

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Long post alert!!

Seriously that is what they sent to you? :wow: you must be joking. first thing is it would take them longer then 3 days :rofl: what a joke. and second they would send a letter to USCIS. that alone takes more than 3 days. Did you mail a request to the senators office, or did you walk it in and actually talk to them? Its expected when USCIS gives you the run around and lies to you...................but you senators office? :wow: I sure hope you didnt vote for that guy

:(

sorry, but you thought right im pretty sure your a smart person.

Yeah, I actually went down to their office and talked to a staffer myself. And I did vote for her, but I'll make sure I and everyone I know never votes for her again! :angry: I'll be going to my congressperson's office on Monday. They were really helpful back in June during a horrible experience at the Canadian border. I just assumed a senator's help would be better than a congressperson's help. No more assuming for me! I think I may make an infopass appointment soon as well. I think getting the runaround from as many people as possible would be nice.

Gosh, you just now got your NOA1!? What’s the date of notice? Back in August or just now? I’m really hoping you don’t have to join this thread!

yes is so hard to me raise our child alone, we never thought this proccess take it to much time, but see us now, our baby is grow up, and we still away, but yes we hang in there, and i hope too get ours NOA2 the same day.... ;)

Wow. Before I started my visa journey, I would never imagine that the government would keep families apart like this. Everyone I know keeps telling me that we should either get married or have a baby! They think that will make all our immigration problems vanish. :lol: I hope you get your NOA2 soon.

Aaw, thats no good :(. Well, I'll probly hear the same thing. :crying: I didnt vote for any of them anyway :P

Aww, even if they tell you the same thing, I hope your Senator actually contacts USCIS unlike mine. :lol: And it’s about time you got a touch or two! I must admit, it feels quite good to be touched, especially since I haven’t seen Chris in a few months. And I know what you mean about reading our July thread. Last time I tried to read it, I couldn’t stop crying. I’m really happy for them, but ohhh soooo jealous.

I know we are all discouraged and depressed by this process, but we have a lot to be grateful for. Look at this poor VJer's story if you havent read it. He has it worse then any of us by far!! :crying: :crying: :crying:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2622619

Thanks for posting that. It really puts things in perspective. I can’t imagine the pain he must be going through.

04/08/09: The worst day of my life

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

TO all the 6+waiting club just wanted to let you all know that I finally have my NOA2. The drama hasn't finished I still have to find a sponser. I filed noa1 may 19th it has been 9months in total! Dont give up! I seriously didnt think I would ever get my noa2. XOOX EMMMM :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.