Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Seems like nobody knows how long those take. Seems to be different for everyone. I wonder if it is really fast for some people and they just never know about it. So maybe there are many cases where it doesn´s take that long. No idea!

Enjoy your chocolate...sounds like a good idea :innocent: !

NOA1 August 22nd

touched after congressman inquriry January 27th

touched again February 27th

NOA2 hardcopy March 7th

Interview April 23rd

Visa in mail April 29th

Flight to US May 14th

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Can you not have any touches and still have them working on your case? Could i be in security checks without them scanning my file? i dont understand the no touches thing. my last touch was july 29. according to what i've read, every time they touch/move your file they scan it.

ok, quick story. Couple yrs back, dentist said i might have mouth cancer so i needed a referral to an oral surgeon and get a biopsy. I was terrified of course. the dentist was to send me the referral. Long story short, after many phone calls to the dentist asking about my referral, being scared, and having them say, "i'm so sorry! Its on the way!" or "we just mailed it!" after a month or two i went down there to the dentist's and I watched them pull my referral out of old dusty files, it hadn't even been filled out! they had lied to me every time i called. So i had to sit there and watch her fill it out and hand it to me.

Ok, that being said, thats what I think of when I think of this process. I picture our files sitting there and them just lying to us because they can't be bothered. :angry:

oh and i was ok in the end, no cancer or anything like that.

Edited by PB&JAM

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Timeline
Can you not have any touches and still have them working on your case? Could i be in security checks without them scanning my file? i dont understand the no touches thing. my last touch was july 29. according to what i've read, every time they touch/move your file they scan it.

ok, quick story. Couple yrs back, dentist said i might have mouth cancer so i needed a referral to an oral surgeon and get a biopsy. I was terrified of course. the dentist was to send me the referral. Long story short, after many phone calls to the dentist asking about my referral, being scared, and having them say, "i'm so sorry! Its on the way!" or "we just mailed it!" after a month or two i went down there to the dentist's and I watched them pull my referral out of old dusty files, it hadn't even been filled out! they had lied to me every time i called. So i had to sit there and watch her fill it out and hand it to me.

Ok, that being said, thats what I think of when I think of this process. I picture our files sitting there and them just lying to us because they can't be bothered. :angry:

Might be a good comparison! That´s what sucks about the whole process: we don´t know anything that´s going on. Maybe somebody works on it constantly, maybe our files are rotting somewhere. We don´t know. It´s aweful!

About the touches: we didn´t have a singel touch. And we are officially in security checks!

Maybe we should open a thread just for security checks and find out how long it usually takes for people.

Another thing I wonder about is wheter files from California and Vermont are in the same checks or if they are being worked on separately???

And what do they actually do? -I have never convicted any crime in my life. There really isn´t anything they can find out about. Or are they calling my parents :P and ask them?

NOA1 August 22nd

NOA2 hardcopy March 7th

Interview April 23rd

Visa in mail April 29th

Flight to US May 14th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I filed at Laguna Nigel office.

So you didn't file with the actual California Service Center? Mail it off to there, etc.? That's probably why you have no touches.

I have never convicted any crime in my life. There really isn´t anything they can find out about.

This is what I dont get. We are in the same boat. It's like wth do you want to know?

NOA 2. Really?

Background checks? i think this is a lie from the USCIS ....just to shut up us!!! like saying keep away and wait, til we want give us your NOA2

K-1 & K-2
Visa in hand: may 14
POE: Chicago (O'Hare) 05/29/2009 finally together!!!958013z2g3nx0iwd.gif
384957uvzupp2kbf.gif
AOS Journey:
sep 25 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox (AOS FOR K-I & K-2)
sep 27 received and signed
0ct 7 NOA in mailbox (dated oct 2 )
oct 13 biometrics letter (10/27/2009)(DONE)
oct 21 transfer to CSC letter in mailbox ( dated oct 16)
nov 13 : EAD & AP approved
touch after EAD & AP approval? USCIS crazy ppl.
nov 20: AP arrive in the mail
nov 21: EAD arrive in mail

NOV 30: AOS APPROVED (Thanks GOD)
DEC 5: GC & SS arrived in mail
I-751 sent: 08/26/2011
NOA 1: 08/30/2011
BIO: 10/13/2011[/color
I-751 approved 06/28/2012
CARD RECEIVED 05/07/2012

Timeline
I filed at Laguna Nigel office.

So you didn't file with the actual California Service Center? Mail it off to there, etc.? That's probably why you have no touches.

Yes I sent it to CSC. I think it was:

California Service Center

24000 Avila Road

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

I sent it overnight so that was the address. thats right, right? I got the noa1 so i must have done something right...right? wouldnt that be something if i mailed it to the wrong place! :wacko:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Timeline

Since we got the information about the security checks from the congressman office I am just going to believe them. They could have also just said "still within processing time". This is actually what I expected and that´s why I am so disappointed. Because this means that the 6 months processing time aren´t a reason anymore for the congressman to expedite. After 3 months from now our congressman can do an inquiry angain. THat´s april...very far away.

I have a very hopeless day!

NOA1 August 22nd

NOA2 hardcopy March 7th

Interview April 23rd

Visa in mail April 29th

Flight to US May 14th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Your story with the dentist is unbelievable, I can't imagine people doing this when it comes to such an important issue as someone's health.

I can understand that some cases may need longer checks, even if we can't see the reason- but anyway - it's their job, their rules, still I am convinced that our files are left on someone's desk for a long time before they are actually sent to the checking department. There are so many of us stuck in these checks lately...something is totally wrong with the system, there can't be so many criminals among us :D And some of the beneficiaries haven't even visited the States so there should be no record of them. Strange!

About the touches, they can work on your case without us seeing any touch. The guy at the infoPass told us that someone worked on our case in December, we called 2 or 3 times, had this infoPass and still the last touch we have online is from October. So don't worry!

check out my online shop: www.justchic.etsy.com

07-10-2009 POE Washington

07-29-2009 applied for SSN

07-30-2009 civil ceremony

08-13-2009 AOS sent to USCIS

08-16-2009 AOS received by USCIS

08-19-2009 NOA 1 for AP, EAD, GC

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-11-2009 GC file transferred to CSC

09-23-2009 SSN arrived by mail

09-24-2009 Biometrics for EAD, GC

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

11-20-2009 infopass appointment-they will generate a service request to expedite my EAD

12-09-2009 phoned USCIS, infopass lady did nothing!!

I got 2 Service Request Numbers for AP & EAD

12-09-2009 CRIS e-mail reply: EAD: "additional reviews are performed" - deadline 6 months

12-14-2009 CRIS e-mail reply :AP: "reviews" - deadline 60 days

12-14-2009 contacted the senator about the EAD

12-15-2009 touch: GC & AP. should I expect some approvals ?:) or am I too optimistic ?:(

12-16-2009 another touch

12-21-2009 EAD & AP approved OMG!! Is it really true? :)

12-26-2009 AP arrived by mail

12-28-2009 second e-mail about the approval of EAD

12-30-2009 GC APPROVED!!!!!!

12-31-2009 GC ordered

01-12-2010 GC received yuppie!!!

Your story with the dentist is unbelievable, I can't imagine people doing this when it comes to such an important issue as someone's health.

I can understand that some cases may need longer checks, even if we can't see the reason- but anyway - it's their job, their rules, still I am convinced that our files are left on someone's desk for a long time before they are actually sent to the checking department. There are so many of us stuck in these checks lately...something is totally wrong with the system, there can't be so many criminals among us :D And some of the beneficiaries haven't even visited the States so there should be no record of them. Strange!

About the touches, they can work on your case without us seeing any touch. The guy at the infoPass told us that someone worked on our case in December, we called 2 or 3 times, had this infoPass and still the last touch we have online is from October. So don't worry!

We have come to the point now where we are just goin to stop obsessing about checking the USCIS website. I swear all this worry is giving me an ulcer!

We believe that we were put into security checks on 1st October '08 as that was when we had our 1st touch after filing back in May. Then our lawyer got involved in Jan '09 which explains our recent touches. The lawyer was told that we were in security checks. It seems that now we've been put back under somebody's coffee mug & there is absolutely nothing we can do about it!

I had my police check done & i am clear. My fiance has to be checked for his job so we are both clear! It's insane.

Re touches...some people receive their NA02 without receiving any touches so it is true that they can be working on your case without it showing on the system. I think they touch cases just to wind us up!

Anyway good luck everyone. We will all get there in the end. EVEN SARA!!

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANYMOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Thank you, I'm hoping and praying for you too, every day.

01/06/2006 - Met In Crystal Lake, IL

03/25/2008 - He was denied re-entry to the U.S. for using the tourist visa too many times.

03/28/2008 - My first visit to Sweden

04/23/2008 - NOA1

05/26/2008 - Touched

05/28/2008 - Met in Canada

06/20/2008 - 2nd trip to Sweden

10/23/2008 - Contacted Congressman

10/28/2008 - Touched

10/29/2008 - Touched

11/25/2008 - 3rd trip to Sweden

12/17/2008 - Contacted Congressman

01/31/2009 - Lawyer sent Service Request

02/04/2009 - Touched

02/05/2009 - Touched

02/11/2009 - 4th trip to Sweden

02/25/2008 - Contacted Congressman

02/27/2009 - Was told by Congressman I will be in Security Checks for a "LONG TIME"

03/03/2009 - Info Pass Apointment - They said they couldn't help me

03/02/2009 - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I had my police check done & i am clear. My fiance has to be checked for his job so we are both clear! It's insane.

This is interesting. I had to have state and federal checks for my job and my fiancee's checks in Brazil came back clean too. I wonder if alot of us end up in security checks for that...

Yes I sent it to CSC. I think it was:

California Service Center

24000 Avila Road

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

I thought maybe you sent it to a local local office. People who file through something other than the service centers don't get updates from what I have heard.

NOA 2. Really?

Timeline

Hi Sara, 'estadia' I've been reading up on your ordeal. I can't believe how badly you've been treated, it's surely an infringement on you and your fiance's human rights. I really, really hope you get your NOA2 any day now. I'm finding this whole waiting game very tough, I can hardly imagine what you've been through. I have my fingers crossed for you that you get some good news soon. No one deserves to be kept waiting for so long.xo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi Sara, 'estadia' I've been reading up on your ordeal. I can't believe how badly you've been treated, it's surely an infringement on you and your fiance's human rights. I really, really hope you get your NOA2 any day now. I'm finding this whole waiting game very tough, I can hardly imagine what you've been through. I have my fingers crossed for you that you get some good news soon. No one deserves to be kept waiting for so long.xo

hi caroline, thank you very much for kind words and thoughts, yup i want it soon too :whistle: im starting to think the service centers got that God complex going on :D

anyways dont let my time line scare you most dont have to wait as long as we have. We stay strong thru all the prayers that are given for us daily i think with out them he and i both would have lost our minds by now

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.