Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

i've been waiting a measly 2 weeks, so i probably have no business in here at all. I feel for all of you sooo much, but to put it in perspective, one of my friends has been waiting for some sort of AOS ((not from K-1)) for over three years. so i guess our wait for this, for 6 months or a year, isnt so bad compared to what some other people go through :( although it sucks, definitely. i've read a lot of the posts in here, and i feel so bad for you guys, especially sara. i hope i never formally come into this thread, but if i do, please welcome me, haha.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
The funny thing is - when I call they say they are working on cases from April 3rd. So do they just pick a date a few weeks before yours and tell you that you are getting "SO CLOSE" just to get you off the phone?

Thats my idea.

thats exactly what i was thinking. they just wanna get rid of you. thats why i hate doing things over the phone. i'm going to patiently wait a bit longer, then get congressman and senator involved. i mean a lot of ppl here have and still see no results...its just a long waiting game.

a previous thread just cracked me up...someone called them and the lady at uscis said, well sometimes these things take up to 20 yrs. :rofl: that is insane, its just too much that that was the lady's excuse! :lol:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Timeline
i've been waiting a measly 2 weeks, so i probably have no business in here at all. I feel for all of you sooo much, but to put it in perspective, one of my friends has been waiting for some sort of AOS ((not from K-1)) for over three years. so i guess our wait for this, for 6 months or a year, isnt so bad compared to what some other people go through :( although it sucks, definitely. i've read a lot of the posts in here, and i feel so bad for you guys, especially sara. i hope i never formally come into this thread, but if i do, please welcome me, haha.

no problm, feel free to drop by. you speak for us all, we all feel for Sara!

and will welcome u if you have to join us one day. hopefully by then we'll all be gone! :P

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

and will welcome u if you have to join us one day. hopefully by then we'll all be gone! :P

PB&JAM, i see you or your fiancee is from California, have you tried showing up there in their office? at least they cant lie looking in your eyes...i'm sorry you're waiting for so long and the other people here...i might join you soon and we're also preparing to raise the HELL as one buddy says when we reach 180 days :angry:

Edited by Dani^Chris Perry
as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Timeline

PB&JAM, i see you or your fiancee is from California, have you tried showing up there in their office? at least they cant lie looking in your eyes...i'm sorry you're waiting for so long and the other people here...i might join you soon and we're also preparing to raise the HELL as one buddy says when we reach 180 days :angry:

yes! i'm in CA actually wanted to go down there but ppl said it they didnt take walk-ins. I filed at Laguna Nigel office. thats not far from me. Where did u file? (field office). Let me know if you wanna go together! :P should i go there? i totally want to.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I wish i could...i'm Dani and i'm in Bulgaria my fiancee is in USA but he's in IL too far from California, sometimes he wish he was living there to go and see what they will tell him...and what about senators and congressman didnt they do something about it? ...i cant imagine waiting for so long myself, its painful...stay strong

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Timeline
I finally got a hold of someone uscis and he told me they were currently working on cases from july 15 so we're "getting pretty close". I know I'm not the first person to hear that but at least its something. :whistle:

That's so weird. When I called, I just said, "I believe I'm outside processing dates." The lady I talked to seemed a bit confused because she had two conflicting processing dates, so she transferred me. I even called after it had been six months from the "Received Date" and not the "Notice Date" according to my NOA1. I don't understand how they can say they're working on cases from July 15 when the website says "6 months." It doesn't say, "6 months and a couple weeks." Maybe try calling with your "Received Date" from your NOA1 if that was before July 15.

I know, i wanted to say, 'but people in october and november are getting approved". the guy was not the brightest bulb on the tree and didnt know what he was talking about. he was reading what my status says online in a robotic voice:

"Current Status: Case received and pending.

On July 23, 2008, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case."

I said, yes thats correct. thats what the website says. Can you tell me anything else, am i in security checks? Then he said, 'well pending means we havent made a decision on your case yet, so its pending." (haha, really! no kidding!) 'I said 'yes its pending, and the website says to contact you after 6 months'.

He was clueless and said, well we are working on July 15 cases at VSC. I said, "i'm at CSC". He said irritably, "yes, thats what i said, CSC."

haha. so idk.

Who were you able to talk to at USCIS? Just one of the frontline guys from the 800 number?

I finally got a hold of someone uscis and he told me they were currently working on cases from july 15 so we're "getting pretty close". I know I'm not the first person to hear that but at least its something. :whistle:

Hi PB&Jam, just wondering, what part of England?

I'm in US. My fiance is in West Drayton....a few minutes from Heathrow. How about you or your SO? Are you in CA?

My fiance is in CA, Manhattan Beach in LA. I'm not too far from Heathrow myself, about 40mins north of London. Come on NOA2s!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm super excited because I just booked my flight for England for 2 weeks in March. Nothing else matters if we are together! I won't even stress too much over the approval cause i know its coming. I'm just so excited to be with my baby again soon! :luv:(L)

awe man im jealous of all u guys :P

aww i'm sorry. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

oh man i been reading the board today and there seems to be a few others that have been told they are in back ground checks and some was people that had their senator or congressman try to intervene, sadly it is starting to look like we are going to get more residences take up on our club here............

sara

I got another touch today. Well, que sera, sera!

Sara, you are right. Why are we getting more people, instead of being less ? :crying:

Have a perfect day/night! (depending when you read this) :star:

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I got another touch today. Well, que sera, sera!

Sara, you are right. Why are we getting more people, instead of being less ? :crying:

Have a perfect day/night! (depending when you read this) :star:

well i guess if we ever got enough people in this club we could put an add in the paper and protest the service center :whistle:

naw i think its been tried before but it is a fun thought :D

sara

Timeline

Just wondering if they always alert you when they do background checks? Our case still says 'case recieved and pending' does this mean that they haven't decided yet or could it mean they are doing background checks? Our NOA1 was August 1st 2008.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
Just wondering if they always alert you when they do background checks? Our case still says 'case recieved and pending' does this mean that they haven't decided yet or could it mean they are doing background checks? Our NOA1 was August 1st 2008.

The online status doesn't change when you are in security checks.

check out my online shop: www.justchic.etsy.com

07-10-2009 POE Washington

07-29-2009 applied for SSN

07-30-2009 civil ceremony

08-13-2009 AOS sent to USCIS

08-16-2009 AOS received by USCIS

08-19-2009 NOA 1 for AP, EAD, GC

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-11-2009 GC file transferred to CSC

09-23-2009 SSN arrived by mail

09-24-2009 Biometrics for EAD, GC

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

11-20-2009 infopass appointment-they will generate a service request to expedite my EAD

12-09-2009 phoned USCIS, infopass lady did nothing!!

I got 2 Service Request Numbers for AP & EAD

12-09-2009 CRIS e-mail reply: EAD: "additional reviews are performed" - deadline 6 months

12-14-2009 CRIS e-mail reply :AP: "reviews" - deadline 60 days

12-14-2009 contacted the senator about the EAD

12-15-2009 touch: GC & AP. should I expect some approvals ?:) or am I too optimistic ?:(

12-16-2009 another touch

12-21-2009 EAD & AP approved OMG!! Is it really true? :)

12-26-2009 AP arrived by mail

12-28-2009 second e-mail about the approval of EAD

12-30-2009 GC APPROVED!!!!!!

12-31-2009 GC ordered

01-12-2010 GC received yuppie!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Caroline_L! We asked our congressman to do an inquiry and that´s how we found out about the security checks. When we look up our receipt number it still says "received and pending". So I don´t know if it would ever tell you on the webpage. We got our NOA 1 August 22nd. Maybe you are also in those security checks. Maybe not!

Hi everyone else! I´m not in the club yet but maybe soon. It is a shame that it exists at all. I´ve been following the thread since a couple weeks now. Good luck to everyone:star:!

NOA1 August 22nd

touched after congressman inquriry January 27th

touched again February 27th

NOA2 hardcopy March 7th

Interview April 23rd

Visa in mail April 29th

Flight to US May 14th

Timeline

Hi Caroline_L! We asked our congressman to do an inquiry and that´s how we found out about the security checks. When we look up our receipt number it still says "received and pending". So I don´t know if it would ever tell you on the webpage. We got our NOA 1 August 22nd. Maybe you are also in those security checks. Maybe not!

Hi everyone else! I´m not in the club yet but maybe soon. It is a shame that it exists at all. I´ve been following the thread since a couple weeks now. Good luck to everyone:star:!

Thanks, I'm sure we're in security checks, I wonder how long they take on average. It's so infuriating that they don't tell us anything! I'm eating so much chocolate!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.