Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if should I just expect to get a letter back saying, "You're in Security Checks" or has this ever actually helped anyone? Should I still contact my senator or wait until I've received this mysterious response from CSC?

Customer service wouldn't do a service request for me, so I contacted my Senator first. I think it just depends on what you feel is best.

The real question is how could a Canadian get stuck in security checks????

Yup, same here! Anyway, after you are past the 6 moths, calling them gives you the right to be asking for a supervisor. This is what somebody here on VJ wrote (can't remember which thread)

call 1-800-375-5283 then at the menu, press 1,2,3 then wait for someone to answer the phone and demand to speak to a supervisor, the cs rep will ask if they can help you, just say no because this issue requires a supervisor, then the cs rep will place you on hold while he locates the supervisor, after he locates one he will transfer your call to him.... Good Luck!!

and

Here's what Mike and I do and it always works: -call uscis -once the agent starts reading from the uscis website, cut him off and say : I'VE READ THAT ALREADY. PLEASE TRANSFER ME TO HIGHER LEVER SUPPORT NOW. - if the agent refuses and tells you anything at all, don't let him speak, just say: I WANT TO TALK TO NEXT LEVEL SUPPORT, PLEASE. - if agent is being stubbort, tell him: I DEMAND THAT YOU TRANSFER THIS CALL RIGHT NOW.

:thumbs:

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, please give a me a warm welcome, becouse today am officially member to the 6 months wainting club, is so sad i really really feel hopeless!!! 6 months i cant believe!!

Welcome! :star:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Hey y'all.

According to my NOA1, CSC received my petition exactly 6 months ago. So I called USCIS. I was transferred to some chick who told me that she would contact CSC and I'd hear back from them within 30 days as to what the hold up is. Does anyone know if should I just expect to get a letter back saying, "You're in Security Checks" or has this ever actually helped anyone? Should I still contact my senator or wait until I've received this mysterious response from CSC?

Thanks!

~Stephanie

Our service request told us that our case is received & pending but when our lawyer contacted CIS they were told that we are in security checks!! I think security checks is a made up statement for buried under a pile of newspapers!!

Does anyone know if should I just expect to get a letter back saying, "You're in Security Checks" or has this ever actually helped anyone? Should I still contact my senator or wait until I've received this mysterious response from CSC?

Customer service wouldn't do a service request for me, so I contacted my Senator first. I think it just depends on what you feel is best.

The real question is how could a Canadian get stuck in security checks????

Or a Brit!! we are all allies!! its a BIG JOKE!!

K1

AOS

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi guys. I'm in today. 6 months officially. :(

I pray someone here gets approved before the end of the day!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I got touched, does that count? I think it is because I called today and got the security check speech from CSC.

NOA 2. Really?

I got touched, does that count? I think it is because I called today and got the security check speech from CSC.

Did they actually tell you that you are in security checks?

I hope you get your approval soon. :star:

K1

AOS

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

Here we go again...

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Hi guys, please give a me a warm welcome, becouse today am officially member to the 6 months wainting club, is so sad i really really feel hopeless!!! 6 months i cant believe!!

Welcome! :star:

Hi,

I got a question: I got my NOA1 on Sept. 15, 2008. But since then my case has not been touched at all. I always see from you guys "touched". Is this normal, that in more than 4 month my case has not even been touched???

Thanks.

Roman :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Did they actually tell you that you are in security checks?

Yep, they actually told me that...

Is this normal, that in more than 4 month my case has not even been touched???

It happens. Some people have their case status updated several times while they wait, other have nothing happen and one day they get approved. There is no pattern to it.

NOA 2. Really?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hi,

I got a question: I got my NOA1 on Sept. 15, 2008. But since then my case has not been touched at all. I always see from you guys "touched". Is this normal, that in more than 4 month my case has not even been touched???

Thanks.

I've seen plenty of ppl not get touches for the first several months. No cause to worry yet.

I got my NOA1 6 months ago and haven't had any touches since July. (I dont know if my file may be lost?)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello to all. im over due for joining this place, but i hope that you will have me ( but not for long :rofl: ) i have read this tread from start to finish.......seriously. POOR POOR sara i :crying: for you inside and at the same time i am sooooo scared that this does not happen to me. SO for the time being i am here........how long how long only USCIS knows.

thanks to all and my God bless us with NOA2's soon (F)

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

Comments : My application was touched atleast 12 times before getting to NVC

01/04/09: Went to senators office to speak to them about an inquiry into my case.

01/06.09: Senators office send letter of inquiry to UNCIS CSC.

02/18/09: Called USCIS asked for service request

02/21/09: Recieved letter from USCIS that im in security checks :( and to call beck in 6 nonths..... WOW

02/25/09: APPPRROOVVVVAAALLLL NOA2 Alhumduallah

03/05/09: NVC receives papers

03/06/09: NVC send papers to counsulate

03/12/09: Counsulate have papers

03/27/09: Packet 3

04/02/09: Doctors (everything is a-okay0

04/28/09: Interview

04/28/09: AP ( need nothing further will call when able to proceed

05/04/09: Counsulate call and tell her to come 05/06/09 to counsulate for appointment? Told to bring passport......Is this the day???

05/06/09: Second interview (everything went well) Counsulate keep passport

05/07/09: Call from counsulate to pick up visa tomorrow

05/08/09: VIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAA IN HAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

ALLLLLLLLHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUAAALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

05/19/09: Inshallah my hobi will be in my arms!

age.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
hey guys! sorry for not staying in contact as often! this just depresses me! anyways just wanted to let everyone know Were well. Im in cali with my babe enjoyn quality time! still waiting. since may o8 xoxo emmm :crying:

Hey matey! Welcome back! We need some Aussie humour! Don't be depressed alone, we're here! Just don't read the other approval threads...I don't anymore. :star:

LOL GOod to hear a reply from you 'monkeyjuice' :) yeh i know i havnt checked the approval threads since i got my first touch lol I called USCIS yesterday from shun and he said my last touch was Jan 7th 2009 better than Octb 10th and that our case is in security checks or something. I was just glad to see that they had touched it for the new year lol. Im still a little devoed as we are stuck with a sponser at this stage, but were thinkn of going the other way and shun coming to aussie instead. the way the world is at the moment. we doin ok down under TOUCH WOOD LOL! I think of you often ure always in my prayers babe! keep in touch xooo emmm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

in the time i have been on vj i have seen many times a couple never get a touch and in the mail comes the noa2 some even have reported that they went thru the interview got the visa checked the site and still says received and pending not really sure what it deal is but yup makes us feel good when we get a touch is kind of an acknowledgment that we are being looked at and not ignored :whistle:

normally people are happy to see others join their club, but in all of ur cases i shed a tear.

but im tellen ya its getten crowed in here some of ya just gotta go and hurry up about it :whistle:

sara

hey guys! sorry for not staying in contact as often! this just depresses me! anyways just wanted to let everyone know Were well. Im in cali with my babe enjoyn quality time! still waiting. since may o8 xoxo emmm :crying:

Hey matey! Welcome back! We need some Aussie humour! Don't be depressed alone, we're here! Just don't read the other approval threads...I don't anymore. :star:

LOL GOod to hear a reply from you 'monkeyjuice' :) yeh i know i havnt checked the approval threads since i got my first touch lol I called USCIS yesterday from shun and he said my last touch was Jan 7th 2009 better than Octb 10th and that our case is in security checks or something. I was just glad to see that they had touched it for the new year lol. Im still a little devoed as we are stuck with a sponser at this stage, but were thinkn of going the other way and shun coming to aussie instead. the way the world is at the moment. we doin ok down under TOUCH WOOD LOL! I think of you often ure always in my prayers babe! keep in touch xooo emmm

GREAT YOU ARE BACK!!!!

Oh no!! you too! f****n security checks!!! Its a joke. So sorry for you, but at least you are thinkin of alternatives. you are with your babe. He coud come stay with you in Oz.

I was with mine Sept - end Nov then he came to UK & i met him on Christmas day at Manchester airport. He stayed till Jan 21st & now I dont know when I'll see him again.

I know we are luckier than others in that we can use the visa waiver. This time it was much harder to say goodbye because we are soooo much closer. I think if we havent heard anythin I will go back to US in June for 3 months.

there aren't many of the old 6 monthers left...Panterchen, sheez & titanic, zoe & hal, brazilzian xuxu..all approved & good for them. Only poor old Sara left!!! the longest EVER!!!

Plenty of new 6 monthers tho & I hope they get there's too!

Be good chuck & stay on here!!!

Be good chuck!!

K1

AOS

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

Here we go again...

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

GREAT YOU ARE BACK!!!!

Oh no!! you too! f****n security checks!!! Its a joke. So sorry for you, but at least you are thinkin of alternatives. you are with your babe. He coud come stay with you in Oz.

I was with mine Sept - end Nov then he came to UK & i met him on Christmas day at Manchester airport. He stayed till Jan 21st & now I dont know when I'll see him again.

I know we are luckier than others in that we can use the visa waiver. This time it was much harder to say goodbye because we are soooo much closer. I think if we havent heard anythin I will go back to US in June for 3 months.

there aren't many of the old 6 monthers left...Panterchen, sheez & titanic, zoe & hal, brazilzian xuxu..all approved & good for them. Only poor old Sara left!!! the longest EVER!!!

Plenty of new 6 monthers tho & I hope they get there's too!

Be good chuck & stay on here!!!

Be good chuck!!

Im still rooting for you guys, you'll be approved soon and there before you know it!!! let me know how it works out! i keep checking in to see you guys approved.. where is it????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.