Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Guys!!!!!

We just got an email from our congressman telling us we got approved today, January 8!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot tell you how happy we are. Sitting here crying and drinking champagne. There is still no end on the road but we probably made the hardest part!!!

I love you guys and thanks to everyone who prayed and supported us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all of you and god bless!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Congrats on your wonderful news! :thumbs:

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow panterchen that is great news. I am so happy for you. Im hoping that mine comes through I am writing a letter to my congressman today and my senator. I hope I hear something myself real soon. But that is so awesome. Congrats!!!!!!

Wow panterchen that is great news. I am so happy for you. Im hoping that mine comes through I am writing a letter to my congressman today and my senator. I hope I hear something myself real soon. But that is so awesome. Congrats!!!!!!

Yeah, that's the right thing to do. You have to bug USCIS to get their a**es moving. It will come. Just when you have lost your hope... :blink: Good luck for you, guys!!!! And thanks again for your support!

Panterchen!!!

I Can't believe it!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! And for the rest of us. Hopefully this is good news for all of us that we will be soon! Wouldn't it would be great if there was No 6+ month waiting club!

Keep us updated on your journey! Don't forget us now that you are approved!

And Kim and Russ, we ALL agree Sara FIRST!!!! Poor thing!

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!!!

Wendy

:bonk:

I will still be around reading. Don't hesitate if I can help with anything. Guess we gathered some experience when dealing with USCIS. I will still come in and check on how you are doing. But I might not vent as much anymore :hehe:

Love you guys and again hang in there!!! USCIS is very very slow but it seems that they work even though we doubt that constantly.

Congratulations panterchen.

I'm crossing my fingers for all of you waiting past 6 months. Please don't just roll your eyes at the silly little August filer, remember that we're all waiting for the same thing on this forum, to be reunited with our loved ones. We also waited almost 5 months for our approval and it was awful not knowing what was going on and seeing others getting approved. I hope that you ALL get your new year wish very very shortly. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Congrats you guys and many blessings!

Liz & Audel

Guys!!!!!

We just got an email from our congressman telling us we got approved today, January 8!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot tell you how happy we are. Sitting here crying and drinking champagne. There is still no end on the road but we probably made the hardest part!!!

I love you guys and thanks to everyone who prayed and supported us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all of you and god bless!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

.png

10486.gif

60402a2e5f.png

Timeline

Guys,

This morning I had an Infopass appointment at a local Immigration office. I took all my papers with me thinking I was getting some answers since last week I called immigration and they advice me to do so. Well do you want to know the answer, here you go…..Your case is still pending and we don’t have more information at this time. I am so disappointed with this system.

First I paid a huge amount of money to an attorney that has done nothing for us and which I don’t recommend anyone paying no attorney to file a K-1 visa, in the month of November I sent about 20 letters to United States Senate Judiciary Subcommittee Members on Immigration, Refugees, & Border Security, Senators and my local Congressmen, just three reply back saying your case in within the processing time and you should be receiving an answer in 40 -60 days. Last week I email and mail a letter to the Governor who told me he has no jurisdiction with Immigration.

At this point I don’t know what else to do; our case is 8 MONTHS TODAY and just imagine what my fiancé and I are going thru. I have done everything in my power and I am out of options. How can Immigration be so behind with these cases, they don’t now we are suffering? Vermont has not even updated their website since November 18, 2008; I don’t understand what they’re doing. And yet there are cases from June, July, August and even September that are being approved. No hate to anyone and I am always happy for others but this is just out of control.

I feel for SARA because this process little by little takes away a lot of hopes from life and the same way I am praying for my case I pray for Sara’s hopping for their approval.

If anyone has any words or wisdom I am all ears…thanks for taking the time to read this.

Liz & Audel :(

.png

10486.gif

60402a2e5f.png

So do they definitely have your file? It's not a case of them having lost it and feeding you the same line about processing times without looking to check?

Timeline

Exacly!

liz & Audel

So do they definitely have your file? It's not a case of them having lost it and feeding you the same line about processing times without looking to check?

.png

10486.gif

60402a2e5f.png

Guys,

This morning I had an Infopass appointment at a local Immigration office. I took all my papers with me thinking I was getting some answers since last week I called immigration and they advice me to do so. Well do you want to know the answer, here you go…..Your case is still pending and we don’t have more information at this time. I am so disappointed with this system.

First I paid a huge amount of money to an attorney that has done nothing for us and which I don’t recommend anyone paying no attorney to file a K-1 visa, in the month of November I sent about 20 letters to United States Senate Judiciary Subcommittee Members on Immigration, Refugees, & Border Security, Senators and my local Congressmen, just three reply back saying your case in within the processing time and you should be receiving an answer in 40 -60 days. Last week I email and mail a letter to the Governor who told me he has no jurisdiction with Immigration.

At this point I don’t know what else to do; our case is 8 MONTHS TODAY and just imagine what my fiancé and I are going thru. I have done everything in my power and I am out of options. How can Immigration be so behind with these cases, they don’t now we are suffering? Vermont has not even updated their website since November 18, 2008; I don’t understand what they’re doing. And yet there are cases from June, July, August and even September that are being approved. No hate to anyone and I am always happy for others but this is just out of control.

I feel for SARA because this process little by little takes away a lot of hopes from life and the same way I am praying for my case I pray for Sara’s hopping for their approval.

If anyone has any words or wisdom I am all ears…thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hey, dont worry you're not the only ones! we will be at 8 months on 16th Jan! They won't have lost your case. You might be in security checks.

We threatened to fire our lawyer and get our money back because he wasn't replying to our phone calls or emails. They then told us that there is a separate email that immigration lawyers can use to get to the bottom of delayed cases at the USCIS.

Ask them about it, they should know what it is.

Dont lose hope...we are with you!

:star:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Timeline

Did you guys paid the full amount, because we did. I it makes me mad that I gave the amount of money away. Did you guys write a letter? Or how did you approach your attorney. I appreciate your feedback since we are all in this together.

Thanks,

Liz & Audel

Guys,

Hey, dont worry you're not the only ones! we will be at 8 months on 16th Jan! They won't have lost your case. You might be in security checks.

We threatened to fire our lawyer and get our money back because he wasn't replying to our phone calls or emails. They then told us that there is a separate email that immigration lawyers can use to get to the bottom of delayed cases at the USCIS.

Ask them about it, they should know what it is.

Dont lose hope...we are with you!

:star:

.png

10486.gif

60402a2e5f.png

Liz & Audel

Yes, we paid full amount too! My fiance wrote an email to the lawyer because we were receiving no feedback from them. He threatened to retreive his money back because he wasnt satisfied with the service.

This is the reply we got from the lawyer.....

"Now that the USCIS has failed to resolve the delay in your case, I can use a special email the California Service Center provides to immigration attorneys for determining the cause of delays. I have just sent such an email inquiry. The Center should reply within a week and I'll let you know what they say as soon as I receive the information.

If this doesn't work the I can use a special liaison through the American Immigration Lawyers Association that is often helpful at getting to the bottom of cases such as yours. I have to give the email address of CSC a shot first.

One way or another we should get some useful information within the next few weeks"

So...maybe you can ask your lawyer about this? I hope this helps you.

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yeh I agree, I can't bear to hear about these later filers gettin approved before us! We MUST all be stuck in security checks, it's the only possible explanation. Fingers crossed for our approvals this month. :wacko:

It'll come! I'm still hoping for you all! Here's to 2009 being a better year for all of your approvals!

Thanks. Hey i noticed your petition left NVC same day! wow. hope ours does that when we eventually get our NA02!! You'll be excited about the interview now. Good luck with that. :star:

Thanks! WE got our packet 3 today! Hopefully we'll be through with this soon and i'm sure you'll be close behind!!! Hang in there, it's worth it!!

Guys!!!!!

Good luck to all of you and god bless!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Congratulations! Amazing! You're almost there now!!!

Guys!!!!!

Congratulations! Amazing! You're almost there now!!!

Liz&Audel: USCIS is feeding you BS. They have that information on your case!! Did you ask them specifically if they can tell you whether you are stuck in background/Security checks?? We did so and they looked up our file in their internal system and could tell us where it was and that we were not in security checks!!

If you got hung up then the congressmen and lawyers cant help unfortunately. I am praying you will get good news soon, guys!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.