Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Well, it is good sign you got assigned, Oana!! at least they are moving....very slllllooooooooooooooowwwwly ;-)

We also got assigned NOV 13. Nothing new but maybe you are luckier and will hear something sooner than us.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
Oana31 -

Welcome, and at the same time I am very sorry to see you have joined our club.

If you have not done so already I suggest you contact your congressman. After I talked to mine I got 3 touches. I didn't get approved yet, but at least I know my file is not lost under a desk somewhere.

Wendy, where do you find who's your congressman ? I'm also thinking of writing to ours as I' starting to be fed up with this waiting. If we don't get our NOA2 by the middle of January I won't make it to our wedding, there will we a wedding without the bride :rofl:

My baby went to an infopass appointment, but he was told the usual #######: " wait, the approval is around the corner"

I see people who filed in August, September getting approved and I'm pissed off, why us? We are so very few and still waiting for such a long time....Oh, I hope the pessimist in me won't get out again :)

check out my online shop: www.justchic.etsy.com

07-10-2009 POE Washington

07-29-2009 applied for SSN

07-30-2009 civil ceremony

08-13-2009 AOS sent to USCIS

08-16-2009 AOS received by USCIS

08-19-2009 NOA 1 for AP, EAD, GC

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-11-2009 GC file transferred to CSC

09-23-2009 SSN arrived by mail

09-24-2009 Biometrics for EAD, GC

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

11-20-2009 infopass appointment-they will generate a service request to expedite my EAD

12-09-2009 phoned USCIS, infopass lady did nothing!!

I got 2 Service Request Numbers for AP & EAD

12-09-2009 CRIS e-mail reply: EAD: "additional reviews are performed" - deadline 6 months

12-14-2009 CRIS e-mail reply :AP: "reviews" - deadline 60 days

12-14-2009 contacted the senator about the EAD

12-15-2009 touch: GC & AP. should I expect some approvals ?:) or am I too optimistic ?:(

12-16-2009 another touch

12-21-2009 EAD & AP approved OMG!! Is it really true? :)

12-26-2009 AP arrived by mail

12-28-2009 second e-mail about the approval of EAD

12-30-2009 GC APPROVED!!!!!!

12-31-2009 GC ordered

01-12-2010 GC received yuppie!!!

Oana31 -

Welcome, and at the same time I am very sorry to see you have joined our club.

If you have not done so already I suggest you contact your congressman. After I talked to mine I got 3 touches. I didn't get approved yet, but at least I know my file is not lost under a desk somewhere.

Wendy, where do you find who's your congressman ? I'm also thinking of writing to ours as I' starting to be fed up with this waiting. If we don't get our NOA2 by the middle of January I won't make it to our wedding, there will we a wedding without the bride :rofl:

My baby went to an infopass appointment, but he was told the usual #######: " wait, the approval is around the corner"

I see people who filed in August, September getting approved and I'm pissed off, why us? We are so very few and still waiting for such a long time....Oh, I hope the pessimist in me won't get out again :)

I have the same problem. We have our wedding set up. Sure we could reschedule (and lose the deposits, but that wouldn't be a major deal) but the flights and vacation of my family cannot be rescheduled. Fortunately, they take it with humor as they know that it is not our fault since we had planned with sufficient time. They are already making jokes "We will have a wedding. If you are not there, we will find another bride for Dan!" :whistle:

Just type in on google "senator or congressman and the state of residence of the USC" and you should find him/her. They usually have a privacy release on their site to fill out and send them and then they'll inquire.

Edited by panterchen

Timeline

panterchen, we also try to find the funny side of this situation :)

In our case there will also be a Dan without a bride or another bride :whistle: , My fiance's name is also Dan :)

I googled and found a senator, thanks- writing to her will be the first assignment for January :) Is there a standard letter that I could find on VJ or should we describe the issue in our own words?

I should have been with my baby today but he lost the flight so he's still in the States and me, I'm home with my parents :D

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

11-20-2009 infopass appointment-they will generate a service request to expedite my EAD

12-09-2009 CRIS e-mail reply: EAD: "additional reviews are performed" - deadline 6 months

12-15-2009 touch: GC & AP. should I expect some approvals ?:) or am I too optimistic ?:(

12-16-2009 another touch

12-31-2009 GC ordered

Oh know, he lost his flight??? Is he still going to come?

We described the situation in our own words. I have never seen a template here but who knows...maybe there is.

That's funny that your fiancé name is also Dan; so two Dan's without their foreign brides... hahaha. I hope we are not talking about the same Dan. :unsure: Just kidding.

Timeline

We described the situation in our own words. I have never seen a template here but who knows...maybe there is.

That's funny that your fiancé name is also Dan; so two Dan's without their foreign brides... hahaha. I hope we are not talking about the same Dan. :unsure: Just kidding.

:rofl: I also hope we're not talking about the same Dan :rofl:

Yes, he'll still come but on Sunday.

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

12-16-2009 another touch

12-31-2009 GC ordered

Crazy girls!!! :thumbs:

At least you still have the humour!

Panterchen, your case got assigned Nov 13 and still no news. That is why I am starting to believe that the infopass guys are just "Pinocchio Fan Club". :bonk:

Stepha, so nothing else besides "any day now/around the corner/yada-yada" ???

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Crazy girls!!! :thumbs:

At least you still have the humour!

Panterchen, your case got assigned Nov 13 and still no news. That is why I am starting to believe that the infopass guys are just "Pinocchio Fan Club". :bonk:

You think they are telling us bullshit, too??

Hmm...no I honestly think these officers have so many cases on their desks, with RFEs, new cases etc. coming in all the time, that it just takes them that long. The lady at infopass said usually it would take up to 6 weeks- depending if you are on top of the pile or at the bottom. I am almost certain we are at the bottom... :wacko:

Plus government officers tend to get sick a lot. :whistle:

Timeline

No, nothing. When I check on USCIS , I'm so used to seeing the same message : "we received your RFE...bla bla ..." that I think I'll be under shock when the message is going to change into "we approved...." and I'll read, out of habit, the usual " we received your RFE..." :)

What about you Oana?

When do they have the holidays? The USCIS people I mean.

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

12-16-2009 another touch

12-31-2009 GC ordered

You think they are telling us bullshit, too??

Hmm...no I honestly think these officers have so many cases on their desks, with RFEs, new cases etc. coming in all the time, that it just takes them that long. The lady at infopass said usually it would take up to 6 weeks- depending if you are on top of the pile or at the bottom. I am almost certain we are at the bottom... :wacko:

Plus government officers tend to get sick a lot. :whistle:

Well, I believe you are right, Panterchen. I think they are giving us something to hold on to, but they are also aware they cannot say anything for sure. :thumbs:

So, the lady at your appointment said that after the case is assigned to an officer it usually takes up to 6 weeks to approve it ???

I can understand these USCIS officers, I think they have a bunch of stuff to do daily, and they are understaffed, so that explains it. Plus, that I don't know how many of them proccess k1's. :whistle:

Anyway, I wish them MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :star:

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Oana, yeah the lady said up to six weeks it could take plus we should consider the holiday season. We will be ok. I guess we can be happy that we got assigned. Late but at least USCIS obviously didn't forget about us.

Yes, you are right! There is a good side of this: we got assigned, so we should be approved in January. :thumbs:

Is it snowing in Germany? Here not yet.

I hope for both of us that we will be approved in January! I am trying to find out how long it usually takes from being assigned to an approval but cannot really get answers. I always read something between immediately and 6-8 weeks. Ok, we already have passed 5 weeks. :whistle:

No, no snow here. We had some in November but we cannot really expect a white christmas. :crying:

I guess Santa will have to use a car instead of his sled. :huh:

Good morning, everybody!! Sad but true: I am officially a member of the 6 months club from today. I already knew I would be onc we hit the 150 days as everybody with my timeline was getting approved. :cry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well as im the same as you panterchen. Offically the six month club hope it wont be much longer until we hear something. I think the suspense of not knowing anything kills me the most. Have a merry christmas hope you hear something. My finacee arrives in two more days and is staying for two weeks so that should take my mind off of things for a bit. Happy Holidays everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.