• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Cereza

I'm just sitting here late at night, relaxed, happy, and going on VJ to see if I can help others who are still going through the journey I finally completed.

Here's the deal. Forget what you read with so many people on VJ who tell ou they fly through the process in three months. Lord knows where these people come from. The fact is that the USCIS is taking way beyond those numbers to process people these days. I have spoken with real immigration people during and after my approval, and it just isnt true. My case went TEN MONTHS until someone in Vermont farted, burped, tripped over their feet, and went into shock when they found my papers and said "What the Heck". That is the way it goes, truthfully. I went from May 2008 to March 2009 until those fools finally read the four pages of the I 129F I submitted and scratched their rear end and said what is this doing here? Then it went to the NVC in Vermont, where most Visa Journey members report they get approved in two days. Honestly I dont know where these so called real members from Visa Journey come from, but that is nonsense too. Mine took six weeks in NVC. Once it got to the embassy, then things went fast. You call and set your own interview date, and the interview isnt really a big deal.

So dont get real worked up by reading these timelines that claim to file an I 129F, get it through Vermont in eighty days, and have an interview ten days later. That is just unadulterated you know what. My guess is those people were ones who filed, messed it up, were asked to answer additonal questions, answered them, waited until that was accepted around eight months after they really filed, then report on VJ NOAH 2 in sixty days. RIGHT. Who cares. The truth is expect a complete turn around from filing the I 129F to Interview in about ten months to one year, at this point in 2009.

Nat-that sucks

Sara- I don't know HOW you do it b/c I am going to be locked up in an asylum any day now.....I'm going freaking out of my mind

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wizzard, I'm not sure if you meant to, but your post reflected so much frustration & disillusionment & disgust, that I chuckled. Thanks for the laugh.

The process is strange. I have a coworker. He & his brother filed for their wives around the same time. One brother's paperwork went through very quickly; the other's took much longer. :: shrug :: Who knows why.

I don't think everyone takes a long time. Another coworker received approval in 5 months & had the interview a couple of months later. Her dude got here a few weeks ago.

Also, there are some tricks (at certain embassies) to get an interview date sooner rather than later.

With that said, it's been 30 days since my Senator sent an inquiry on my behalf. As of last Thursday, they still hadn't received a response back from USCIS. It's been 26 days since I filed a service request at an Infopass appointment; I still have no response from that.

With so much frustration, I decided to give myself something to look forward to, so Friday I booked a trip to Jamaica! Now I can think about that. It's really made my concern over the NOA2 take a back seat.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Wizzard- Thanks for your perspective from the other end of the spectrum. When I hear about people waiting longer than I am already it's a reminder I need to take a chill pill because other people have gone through worse.

Nat-I wish I could go visit my SO. But I can't. #1 is the money, and #2 the goodbyes are so stressful and emotional every time that we don't even want to put ourselves through that again.

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

well i got angry and called csc yesterday and didnt shut up until they gave me to an officer.........

i told her that i didnt believe we are still in security and that it was a bunch of ####### nobody as clean as we are can be in security for that many years.

shock of all times she said ur right ur not really in security thats finished what is going on with ur case is we are waiting for information from the service center that processed his x fiances petition so many years ago.

i even asked her to deny us so that they had to state a reason and we would have something to fight she stated they cant do that because they have found no reason to deny us but until the information comes from the other service center or until csc decides to adjudicate our case with out that information we are stuck, i wanna know how many more years they gonna take to decide that :angry:

sara

Timeline

Sara, I'm SOOO sorry to hear that. I almost want to cry for you.

Nat-I wish I could go visit my SO. But I can't. #1 is the money, and #2 the goodbyes are so stressful and emotional every time that we don't even want to put ourselves through that again.

We have that stressful and emotional goodbye everytime we get off the phone!! (Well, he does.) No matter how long we talk, 5 minutes or 4 hours, he acts like I'm stabbing him in the heart when I try to get off the phone. But strangely he's stronger than I am when we're parting in the airport.

I hear you on the money. I was supposed to be saving for a house, but these 9 trips to Jamaica have really interrupted that. It's worth it, though.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Sometimes I know I have it a lot easier than other people. The flight to see my SO is direct 3.5 hours. He has a vonage phone, so we talk unlimited multiple times a day, we can be on webcam everyday if we wanted to because he has a computer, we chat in between, I can send him free text messages from the computer.....but still I am going nuts. I just want him here already. He is going to miss summer in NY :(

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Timeline
well i got angry and called csc yesterday and didnt shut up until they gave me to an officer.........

i told her that i didnt believe we are still in security and that it was a bunch of ####### nobody as clean as we are can be in security for that many years.

shock of all times she said ur right ur not really in security thats finished what is going on with ur case is we are waiting for information from the service center that processed his x fiances petition so many years ago.

i even asked her to deny us so that they had to state a reason and we would have something to fight she stated they cant do that because they have found no reason to deny us but until the information comes from the other service center or until csc decides to adjudicate our case with out that information we are stuck, i wanna know how many more years they gonna take to decide that :angry:

sara

Sara so sorry to hear this. Do you know what the end result was from his previous petition? I mean did he complete the entire process, did he enter the US, etc.?

My fiance' had a previous petition as well that never completed. I knew that it would cause a headache during our petition. So, I contacted the USCIS/NVC and the Kingston Embassy BEFORE I filed anything and had them put in writing that the case was officially closed and withdrawn. A lot of people think that if you just stop going forward with the process, the case automatically closes. In our case, it had not. When I compiled our documents for filing and for the interview, I included a copy of our correspondence regarding my fiance's previous petition.

Maybe, that is the problem with your fiance's previous petition as well...that the Embassy never officially closed the petition or updated the status as abandoned. (I'm assuming he never came to the States).

For all of you still valiantly waiting, praying, wishing and hoping to be united with your loved ones...my heart truly goes out to you all. I'm speechless on how to help ease your pain and burden.

This next part is not for Sara:

I wasn't a part of this club this go around...but I remember it vividly when I petitioned for my now ex-husband. I remember being very frustrated with our government....lots of tears and angry outbursts with the staff of INS...but I never turned my wrath on those that happened to get through faster than I. To call other VJers liars or any other mean thing because they finished before another...is sad. It speaks volumes for the crab in a barrel mentality and personal character. Those VJ members have no control over their approvals and your lackthereof. Put the blame and aggression where it belongs...on the shoulders of those elected officials that represent you.

I didn't wait on an email or a phone call. I went directly to my Congresswoman's office...and acted a natural fool until I got results. She did not want the negative publicity so close to re-election. LOL

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

We who have taught, or love children who have been taught, know this is funny!

From the diary of a Pre-School Teacher

My five-year old students are learning to read.

Yesterday one of them pointed at a picture in a zoo book and said,

"Look at this! It's a frickin' elephant!"

I took a deep breath, then asked..."What did you call it?"

"It's a frickin' elephant! It says so on the picture!"

And so it does...

" A f r i c a n Elephant "

Hooked on phonics! Ain't it wonderful?

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are..

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Timeline

it was a family match he met her once the day of the engagement,

the girl pulled the petition two times once while at the service center then asked for it to be reinstated then when he went for his k1 interview he was told she pulled it again. so nope was not completed

sara

Sara so sorry to hear this. Do you know what the end result was from his previous petition? I mean did he complete the entire process, did he enter the US, etc.?

My fiance' had a previous petition as well that never completed. I knew that it would cause a headache during our petition. So, I contacted the USCIS/NVC and the Kingston Embassy BEFORE I filed anything and had them put in writing that the case was officially closed and withdrawn. A lot of people think that if you just stop going forward with the process, the case automatically closes. In our case, it had not. When I compiled our documents for filing and for the interview, I included a copy of our correspondence regarding my fiance's previous petition.

Maybe, that is the problem with your fiance's previous petition as well...that the Embassy never officially closed the petition or updated the status as abandoned. (I'm assuming he never came to the States).

For all of you still valiantly waiting, praying, wishing and hoping to be united with your loved ones...my heart truly goes out to you all. I'm speechless on how to help ease your pain and burden.

This next part is not for Sara:

I wasn't a part of this club this go around...but I remember it vividly when I petitioned for my now ex-husband. I remember being very frustrated with our government....lots of tears and angry outbursts with the staff of INS...but I never turned my wrath on those that happened to get through faster than I. To call other VJers liars or any other mean thing because they finished before another...is sad. It speaks volumes for the crab in a barrel mentality and personal character. Those VJ members have no control over their approvals and your lackthereof. Put the blame and aggression where it belongs...on the shoulders of those elected officials that represent you.

I didn't wait on an email or a phone call. I went directly to my Congresswoman's office...and acted a natural fool until I got results. She did not want the negative publicity so close to re-election. LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey sara,

Just checking to see how you are keeping? Any latest developments? I see your case is not in background checks, but rather just waiting for one department to respond to another. I think a snail is taking the message across!

Did you say you are planning to move to India? I just heard living in your spouses country could also be a problem You have to prove your ties and domicile with US at the time of interview.

SUCKS!

what happened about wedding in canada?

.png

Timeline
Hey sara,

Just checking to see how you are keeping? Any latest developments? I see your case is not in background checks, but rather just waiting for one department to respond to another. I think a snail is taking the message across!

Did you say you are planning to move to India? I just heard living in your spouses country could also be a problem You have to prove your ties and domicile with US at the time of interview.

SUCKS!

what happened about wedding in canada?

yes they changed the filing direct in india now, for sure perviz would never allow me to work to prove some of what they want, we had a touch yesterday and another one today, canada he has not agreed to cuz we would still have to come thru the csc office and end up where we are right now.

it is sort of in back ground checks but not security, they are waiting for something from his x fiances petition from the other service center so i guess that still considered back ground check.

im just hoping and praying that they finally decide to just adjudicate us with what they have that could take for ever if the service center didnt get around of feel like sending then what they are asking for.

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Oh wow Sara at least you know something! I am so glad.

Here ya go:

How do these people survive?

ONE ? ? ? Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half dozen nuggets. "We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter. "You don't?" I replied. "We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply. "So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?" "That's right." So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets

TWO ? ? ? I was checking out at the local Wal-Mart with just a few items and the lady behind me put her things on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those "dividers" that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed. After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the "divider", looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it. Not finding the bar code she said to me, "Do you know how much this is?" I said to her, "I've changed my mind, I don't think I'll buy that today." She said "OK," and I paid her for the things and left. She had no clue to what had just happened.

THREE ? ? ? A lady at work was seen putting a credit card into her floppy drive and pulling it out very quickly. When I inquired as to what s he was doing, she said she was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for a credit card number, so she was using the ATM "thingy".

MORE COMING TOMORROW. :jest:

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.