Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

awww I'm sorry Nat! I am curious to hear what USCIS will tell you today.

I don't know, but I do have a voicemail message on my work phone from the Senator's office. I'm eagerly awaiting this conference call to end so I can listen to the message. I probably should be less eager since that just increases the disappointment.

Well please post as soon as you know. I'm dying to hear the outcome

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i contacted our senator again yesterday they remembered us from a year ago and told me to fax in our case number and receipt number didnt have a case number cuz its never made it out of csc

but the nice lady told me they can keep a case in security for any amount of time there there is no time limit on it, so faxed the stuff to her and i dont expect anything to come of it other than the same old worn out reply

sara

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't know, but I do have a voicemail message on my work phone from the Senator's office. I'm eagerly awaiting this conference call to end so I can listen to the message. I probably should be less eager since that just increases the disappointment.

She said they haven't heard anything. Give it until June 30 (30 days since they sent in an inquiry).

The rep at my congressman's office said that they're processing cases from Nov 25 right now so there's nothing she can do. :angry:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Nat-that sucks

Sara- I don't know HOW you do it b/c I am going to be locked up in an asylum any day now.....I'm going freaking out of my mind

K-1

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I think that qualifies for a lot of us Cereza, But you know as long as you love and have each other and are there for each other this process only brings us closer and makes us appreciate each other in ways normal relationships can lack at times. I think when I get the phone call from my attorney with the NAO2 in I will feel more joy then someone who won a million dollars! Love is priceless. (F)

P.S. Hang in there Sara!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Question for you guys, I've been tracking your posts a few of you, and I can not say that i understand your situation quite yet but--but I'd like to know....are your cases a bit different or more complicated than the rest of us somehow? It just seems odd that its taking so long for you folks, especially I feel for Sara who's been waiting so very very long. How do you folks keep the faith going so long without seeing your fiance's. I've been apart from mine for not quite 2 months and its already killing me...so to speak! Good luck to you all by the way!

Allison.

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

She said they haven't heard anything. Give it until June 30 (30 days since they sent in an inquiry).

The rep at my congressman's office said that they're processing cases from Nov 25 right now so there's nothing she can do. :angry:

IMO the Nov 25th date is #######.... as it is the old date that VSC has posted on the April 30 processing report. Likely someone just pulled up the webpage to see what the current date was on the website.. but that is outdated info.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Question for you guys, I've been tracking your posts a few of you, and I can not say that i understand your situation quite yet but--but I'd like to know....are your cases a bit different or more complicated than the rest of us somehow? It just seems odd that its taking so long for you folks, especially I feel for Sara who's been waiting so very very long. How do you folks keep the faith going so long without seeing your fiance's. I've been apart from mine for not quite 2 months and its already killing me...so to speak! Good luck to you all by the way!

Allison.

our case is a lot easier than many i have seen go thru in a short amount of time......as for how do i do it:?

if u dont have any other choice u learn to take one day at a time and pray and look forward to phone calls or chats when perviz can get to a net club.

i wont lie......its hard its the hardest thing i have ever been thru im my life, if this fails i will never go thru this again!!!!!

but im not jealous of those that got theirs already heck most of the people that i filed at the same time with their guys/girls are home already and have been for a long time, and im happy for them. kind helps keep me going knowing that not everyone is in this stupid mess that we are in.

i do know one thing most people dont end up like us, they might have to wait a year but most are thru it pretty fast.

there is another lady that belongs to vj that has been waiting a full two years and they have no problem pretty clean case so i guess its luck of the draw in who picks up ur file.

good luck to all of u and i hope ur stay with this club is very short

sara

Timeline

Allison.

Mine also is pretty simple. Two people who have never been married before & who aren't on any "most wanted" lists (except each other's). I know other people who filed just before and after me for beneficiaries from the same country, and they've already had their interviews. I've known this whole time that the timeline depends on who picks up your case (or whether it was lost, or someone left it under their desk while on vacation, or a slacker gets it)... I hoped from the beginning that my file would end up with a fast adjudicator, but apparently that wasn't meant to be.

Like you, I struggle with going a while without seeing my fiance. Just yesterday I booked a flight to go see him at the end of July. I kept putting it off hoping for an NOA2 at least by the 6 month mark. I estimate that once we get our NOA2, his interview will be in about 2.5 months. I wanted that to be the only other trip I make to Jamaica (due to costs & vacation time), but since we did't get NOA2, I couldn't wait indefinitely. This will be my 9th trip to Jamaica in less than 2 years.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

Nothing "special" or different at all in our case, we are two normal folks that love each other more then anything and qualify for this visa in every way, I can't honestly say why its taking so long for us but I just had some kind of form sent to find our status out, apparently it was something we can do since we are late and we have no known errors. I am clueless really on why we have the luck of this :blink:.

event.png

Timeline

To answer the second part of your question Allison:

My fiance and I are complete soul mates in every way, we want to be together and know we will have a wonderful life together. A few months ( or a year or two apparently) really is nothing compared to the joy we will have for the rest of our lives together. It is not easy, and emotionally I have my ups and downs mostly cause I miss him like heck, but I am greatful for things like skype and online, so we can still hear and see each other through it all. If you honestly love someone, this patience comes naturally to me at least.

event.png

OK, now I am OFFICIALLY apart of this club

K-1

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Timeline
OK, now I am OFFICIALLY apart of this club

Sucks, doesn't it. :(

November 19, 2007 - Met

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.