Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
going to be 5 months now... sent in a package around December 16th and online status has not changed since NOA1... not a single touch...

I noticed that many people received NOA2 without any status change online or email notification... I am worried that our case may have been approved already but possibly lost mail??? just getting worried....

I feel you. I've had to stop worrying, though, cause it wasn't doing any good. But I have been checking the mail every day to see if they just forgot to update it online.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Senators disappeared, too. Not a word from any of them.

Does anyone in that country do their job?

oopps answer to that question is NO :whistle:

now as far as requesting help from ur senator i believe mine took like two weeks to get back to me the first time and after that i had keep calling his office

i wish u luck and very fast noa2

sara

Thank you, Sara.

I think it would be easier to get the tourist visa and stay in the US illegaly than waiting for USCIS officers to raise their ... and move to our case.

My Art and Handmade Gifts

10. 10. 2008 - sent the petition

10. 16. 2008 - NOA1

04. 10. 2009 - sent letters to senators and asked for help

04. 17. 2009 - service request

04. 20. 2009 - filled senator's form which we got from him

04. 30. 2009 - another senator called us up

05. 04. 2009 - NOA2

05. 08. 2009 - NVC

06. 16. 2009 - interview (8 months since NOA1) passed

07. 03. 2009 - leaving for Texas. Go Rangers

07. 25. 2009 - officially married

08. 28. 2009 - AOS process started

09. 08. 2009 - NOA1

09. 30. 2009 - AP approved

10. 02. 2009 - I485 was forwarded to California, yay!

10. 13. 2009 - biometrics

10. 13. 2009 - EAD production was ordered

01. 04. 2010 - AOS approved

Done till Oct 2011!

11. 11. 2011 - I 751 filed

11. 16. 2011 - NOA1

12. 16. 2011 - Biometrics

04. 16. 2012 - ROC Approved

10. 10. 2012 - N 400 filed

10. 15. 2012 - NOA1

11. 15. 2012 - Biometrics

12. 04. 2012 - In line for the interview

01. 14. 2013 - Interview

01. 25. 2013 - Oath ceremony

Timeline
Thank you, Sara.

I think it would be easier to get the tourist visa and stay in the US illegaly than waiting for USCIS officers to raise their ... and move to our case.

hmm unless ur s/o is from england or another country that can just get on a plane to come to the usa getting visit visa is so so difficult.

i know that if perviz could get visit visa easy the wait would not be that difficult its the years of not seeing each other that is getting to us. heck we not even mind waiting for the long long process if we could get married and him keep coming back and forth on visit visa for a few months out of the year until the process was completed but the way it is we have been cut of from each other complete as far as seeing each other face to face.

i think if the USA made special visit visas available for the countries that do not have the hop on the plane policy there would be a lot less fraud from couples wanting to get married.

but thats just my opinion

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thank you, Sara.

hmm unless ur s/o is from england or another country that can just get on a plane to come to the usa getting visit visa is so so difficult.

i know that if perviz could get visit visa easy the wait would not be that difficult its the years of not seeing each other that is getting to us. heck we not even mind waiting for the long long process if we could get married and him keep coming back and forth on visit visa for a few months out of the year until the process was completed but the way it is we have been cut of from each other complete as far as seeing each other face to face.

i think if the USA made special visit visas available for the countries that do not have the hop on the plane policy there would be a lot less fraud from couples wanting to get married.

sara

what form is for the visting visa and is morocco one of the countries that might be able to vist or no pls help with this one
q8famrp11.png

Timeline
Thank you, Sara.

sara

what form is for the visting visa and is morocco one of the countries that might be able to vist or no pls help with this one

if ur s/o wants to apply for visitor visa he or she has to do it from his or her own country, pay the fee and make the appointment the usa embassy web site for morocco has the application and the information on that

he or she will have to show strong ties to their own country to be able to receive visitor visa, and that where they mostly are able to stop the visitor visa, but he or she can always try.

to my knowledge morocco is like any other muslim country and does not have the ability to just get on a plane and land in the usa but has to first apply and receive visitor visa in his or her own country.

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
Thank you, Sara.

sara

if ur s/o wants to apply for visitor visa he or she has to do it from his or her own country, pay the fee and make the appointment the usa embassy web site for morocco has the application and the information on that

he or she will have to show strong ties to their own country to be able to receive visitor visa, and that where they mostly are able to stop the visitor visa, but he or she can always try.

to my knowledge morocco is like any other muslim country and does not have the ability to just get on a plane and land in the usa but has to first apply and receive visitor visa in his or her own country.

sara

wow Sara I see you are still waiting... I am so sorry. I haven't been on here much. I am so stressed out from waiting that I feel nauseous almost on a daily basis. my senator's office is now involved, but all they say is that we are in security checks and that there is no estimation of when our case will process. I just don't understand it when we are open books to them. They have everything on us that they could need. I'm surprised that they don't know the color of socks that I am wearing. I just don't like the feeling of helplessness. I am so used to taking control if something needs done and just do it myself.... with this case, there is nothing I can do but sit and wait.... and wait.... and wait. I just wish there was something, anything I could do to help it along.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline

"... my senator's office...."

oops... I meant congressman. errrrg! I get that mixed up all the time. I contacted a senator first who ended up referring me to the congressman cause I didn't know what I was doing :wacko:

oops... I meant congressman. errrrg! I get that mixed up all the time. I contacted a senator first who ended up referring me to the congressman cause I didn't know what I was doing :wacko:

I feel for ya... But right now you don't need me to tell you how injust everything is, what you need to know is that it WILL come to an end, your approval is close now. I've also been told that, when I was almost losing patience, so I am saying this to ya now: you will soon be out of the woods and from there on, the road is very smooth. We just got our NOA2 April 22nd and yesterday my fiance called NVC and found out our papers are on their way to Bucharest already. He was shocked beacuse of the speed, and because he actually got to talk to a live person who was extremely nice. :thumbs:

Sara, I have no idea about American procedure, but isn't there any possibility that they just give an explanation as to why you are being checked so much ??? :blink:

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Timeline

wow Sara I see you are still waiting... I am so sorry. I haven't been on here much. I am so stressed out from waiting that I feel nauseous almost on a daily basis. my senator's office is now involved, but all they say is that we are in security checks and that there is no estimation of when our case will process. I just don't understand it when we are open books to them. They have everything on us that they could need. I'm surprised that they don't know the color of socks that I am wearing. I just don't like the feeling of helplessness. I am so used to taking control if something needs done and just do it myself.... with this case, there is nothing I can do but sit and wait.... and wait.... and wait. I just wish there was something, anything I could do to help it along.

im kind of shocked ur still waiting too, yeah this complete process is like trying to talk to a kid on drugs that wants to kill u!!!!! there is no reasoning with csc, for me when a govermental office becomes so powerful that the senators, congressmen, or ur attorney can not touch them and get an answer out of them it means they are out of control and something must be done. I understand security measures for our country, but i also understand that there is so much technology now that when a case becomes so far out of processing time like ours has that is prolly human error and has squat to do with security clearance.

the very people as in customer service at csc that are suppose to be helpful to u are rude, have no accurate explanation for ur issues makes me wonder why did our increased fees go to paying their wages when they are worthless and not much more than a automated voice system.

dont leave vj because of frustration with this process, there are a lot of wonderful people on this site. I swear if it was not for vj and my mom i would have already lost my mind. the support that i have received thru this journey on here has made such a difference in my life. i have made a lot of friends, some maybe life time friends, some may only stay with me thru the journey as they will move on as their new lifes are taken off with their s/o and they distance them self from this forum. i myself unless something happens to me plan on staying and trying to give support to others that are going thru this process, i might only be able to give words of encouragement, or a simple congratulations. that has made a huge difference to me, anytime someone takes the time to give me encouragement i am not sure they even understand how very much it means to me and what a difference it makes in my ability to keep going.

hang in there we will get thru this some how. (F)

sara

Timeline

I feel for ya... But right now you don't need me to tell you how injust everything is, what you need to know is that it WILL come to an end, your approval is close now. I've also been told that, when I was almost losing patience, so I am saying this to ya now: you will soon be out of the woods and from there on, the road is very smooth. We just got our NOA2 April 22nd and yesterday my fiance called NVC and found out our papers are on their way to Bucharest already. He was shocked beacuse of the speed, and because he actually got to talk to a live person who was extremely nice. :thumbs:

Sara, I have no idea about American procedure, but isn't there any possibility that they just give an explanation as to why you are being checked so much ??? :blink:

im so happy that everything is going so smoothly for u now, and cant wait to read that ur interview is done and that you passed!!!!!!!!!

to answer ur question no there really is not anything that we can do to get even an intelligent answer out of them, we are not criminals, we are normal people going about our daily lifes i think our file is just sitting and doing nothing as one supervisor told us.

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi members,

How are you all doing? Still waiting on NOA2...

I just checked online status this morning and last update date has changed from 12/18/08 to 4/28/09... I guess someone touched my case??... Hope this is NOA2 approval...

Update detail has not changed but the date has changed....

K1 Timeline

2008/12/15 I-129F Sent.

2008/12/16 I-129F Received by CSC: AND NOA1 issued same day.

2008/12/18 I-129F Check cashed

2008/12/20 NOA1 Received

2009/04/28 Touched (Detail info did not change. Just the date has changed. NOA2???)

2009/04/29 NOA2 Approved (Received email notification)

Timeline
Hi members,

How are you all doing? Still waiting on NOA2...

I just checked online status this morning and last update date has changed from 12/18/08 to 4/28/09... I guess someone touched my case??... Hope this is NOA2 approval...

Update detail has not changed but the date has changed....

ohhh i hope its ur noa2 thats what i see people say normally happen when a touch comes out of the blue like that :thumbs:

sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hey I didn't forget about you guys just didn't have funny enough e-mails to send you.

Three Men on a Hike

Three men were hiking through a forest when they came upon a large raging, violent river. Needing to get to the other side, the first man prayed: "God, please give me the strength to cross the river."

Poof! God gave him big arms and strong legs and he was able to swim

across in about 2 hours, having almost drowned twice.

After witnessing that, the second man prayed: "God, please give me strength and the tools to cross the river"

Poof! ... God gave him a rowboat and strong arms and strong legs and he was able to row across in about an hour after almost capsizing once.

Seeing what happened to the first two men, the third man prayed: "God, please give me the strength, the tools and the intelligence to cross the river"

Poof! ... He was turned in to a woman. She checked the map,

hiked one hundred yards up stream and walked across the bridge.

GO AHEAD, SEND THIS TO A WOMAN WHO NEEDS A GOOD LAUGH AND TO ANY MAN WHO CAN HANDLE IT!

"If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you!

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Timeline
Hey I didn't forget about you guys just didn't have funny enough e-mails to send you.

Three Men on a Hike

Three men were hiking through a forest when they came upon a large raging, violent river. Needing to get to the other side, the first man prayed: "God, please give me the strength to cross the river."

Poof! God gave him big arms and strong legs and he was able to swim

across in about 2 hours, having almost drowned twice.

After witnessing that, the second man prayed: "God, please give me strength and the tools to cross the river"

Poof! ... God gave him a rowboat and strong arms and strong legs and he was able to row across in about an hour after almost capsizing once.

Seeing what happened to the first two men, the third man prayed: "God, please give me the strength, the tools and the intelligence to cross the river"

Poof! ... He was turned in to a woman. She checked the map,

hiked one hundred yards up stream and walked across the bridge.

GO AHEAD, SEND THIS TO A WOMAN WHO NEEDS A GOOD LAUGH AND TO ANY MAN WHO CAN HANDLE IT!

"If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: how i love ur jokes lol

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.