Wendy+Greger

6+ months waiting Club

1,947 posts in this topic

Ok...service request: After your case is past standard processing times (California was 6months not sure about Vermont) you call USCIS customer service who will then tell you that you have to wait another 30days before you can call back & enquire.

Then, after this 30 days is up, you call back & they will put in a "service request". Basically, they will look into your case & write to you within 45 days (ours took a week or so) with an update. With ours, they told us we were in 'additional background checks'.

Don't worry, most people don't have to wait as long as we did. Good Luck :thumbs:

Wow I didn't know about this. We're in our 7th month of waiting. My fiance called last month but they only told him that they're doing things in order and we're just going to have to wait. Should we try calling again?

Yes definitely, although they wont do anything until you've waited 7 months. Then ask them for a service request as they might not volunteer that it's available to you.

I hope your NA02 comes before that though. Good Luck. :star:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Ok...service request: After your case is past standard processing times (California was 6months not sure about Vermont) you call USCIS customer service who will then tell you that you have to wait another 30days before you can call back & enquire.

Then, after this 30 days is up, you call back & they will put in a "service request". Basically, they will look into your case & write to you within 45 days (ours took a week or so) with an update. With ours, they told us we were in 'additional background checks'.

Don't worry, most people don't have to wait as long as we did. Good Luck :thumbs:

Great information once again, thank you :star: Well, May 1st will be our 7 month marker so I think we will give that a go!!!! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
Wow I didn't know about this. We're in our 7th month of waiting. My fiance called last month but they only told him that they're doing things in order and we're just going to have to wait. Should we try calling again?

sorry, dont know your story, have u contacted ur congressman? they got right back to me and soon after we got approved...not sure if they had anything to do with it...but cant hurt.

We got approved a little after 7 months. I wish u all the best! I know this is agony! Stay strong! You'll get it soon! (F)

Thanks.

This whole thing is frustrating but I'm sure its all worth it.

September 6, 2008 - Mailed in I-129F to California Service Center.

September 11, 2008 - NOA1 Received.

December 18, 2008 - Touched. (Change of address made.)

April 16, 2009 - NOA2!!!

April 20, 2009 - NOA2 hard copy received.

April 21, 2009 - Case sent to U.S. embassy in Japan.

May 8, 2009 - Police Certificate requested.

May 19, 2009 - Police Certificate received.

May 21, 2009 - Packet 3 received!

May 22, 2009 - Packet 3 sent.

May 26, 2009 - Medical Examination @ Tokyo British Clinic.

May 27, 2009 - Request interview.

May 28, 2009 - Interview date received.

May 29, 2009 - Pick up Medical Exam results.

June 20, 2009 - Bronson comes to Japan!

June 22, 2009 - Interview (8:30am) Passed!

June 27, 2009 - Passport with visa received.

July 7, 2009 - POE Hawaii.

August 1, 2009 - Wedding.

September 28, 2009 - Sent I-485 to Chicago, IL.

October 6, 2009 - NOA.

November 10, 2009 - Biometrics.

December 1, 2009 - EAD approved.

December 9, 2009 - Employment authorization card sent.

January 21, 2010 - AOS interview 12:30

January 22, 2010 - Card production ordered, notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

January 29, 2010 - Welcome Letter received.

February 2, 2010 - Approval Notice sent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Yes definitely, although they wont do anything until you've waited 7 months. Then ask them for a service request as they might not volunteer that it's available to you.

I hope your NA02 comes before that though. Good Luck. :star:

Thank you for the information. We will try calling again. God bless you.

September 6, 2008 - Mailed in I-129F to California Service Center.

September 11, 2008 - NOA1 Received.

December 18, 2008 - Touched. (Change of address made.)

April 16, 2009 - NOA2!!!

April 20, 2009 - NOA2 hard copy received.

April 21, 2009 - Case sent to U.S. embassy in Japan.

May 8, 2009 - Police Certificate requested.

May 19, 2009 - Police Certificate received.

May 21, 2009 - Packet 3 received!

May 22, 2009 - Packet 3 sent.

May 26, 2009 - Medical Examination @ Tokyo British Clinic.

May 27, 2009 - Request interview.

May 28, 2009 - Interview date received.

May 29, 2009 - Pick up Medical Exam results.

June 20, 2009 - Bronson comes to Japan!

June 22, 2009 - Interview (8:30am) Passed!

June 27, 2009 - Passport with visa received.

July 7, 2009 - POE Hawaii.

August 1, 2009 - Wedding.

September 28, 2009 - Sent I-485 to Chicago, IL.

October 6, 2009 - NOA.

November 10, 2009 - Biometrics.

December 1, 2009 - EAD approved.

December 9, 2009 - Employment authorization card sent.

January 21, 2010 - AOS interview 12:30

January 22, 2010 - Card production ordered, notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

January 29, 2010 - Welcome Letter received.

February 2, 2010 - Approval Notice sent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

sorry, dont know your story, have u contacted ur congressman? they got right back to me and soon after we got approved...not sure if they had anything to do with it...but cant hurt.

We got approved a little after 7 months. I wish u all the best! I know this is agony! Stay strong! You'll get it soon! (F)

Thanks.

This whole thing is frustrating but I'm sure its all worth it.

Hi Akiko,

So sorry to see that you are still waiting for NOA2. I remember comparing notes with you, since we started our time lines at identical times: You sent your I-129F on Sep 6 and was received at CSC on Sep 11. We sent ours (also to CSC) on Sep 5, received on Sep 10. If they told you that they are processing files "in order", well that CLEARLY is untrue, and so unfair to think that people well into 2009 are getting approved while you are waiting (that goes for all the 6+ month-ers here, of course!)

You will get approved. And your case will move forward. Don't lose heart!

m&m : ), MonkeyJuice and others,

thank you very much for your support!

I think I probably misunderstood my fiance who told about his call to USCIS yesterday. He said our service request was approved, although it was 6 months + 1 day since our NOA1. Hmm.. Will ask again today.

m&m : ) , yes, my fiance has also been told that Vermont is still approving September petitions! Haha. There was no answer from them when he asked why there were January petitions on the noa2 list here.

My Art and Handmade Gifts

10. 10. 2008 - sent the petition

10. 16. 2008 - NOA1

04. 10. 2009 - sent letters to senators and asked for help

04. 17. 2009 - service request

04. 20. 2009 - filled senator's form which we got from him

04. 30. 2009 - another senator called us up

05. 04. 2009 - NOA2

05. 08. 2009 - NVC

06. 16. 2009 - interview (8 months since NOA1) passed

07. 03. 2009 - leaving for Texas. Go Rangers

07. 25. 2009 - officially married

08. 28. 2009 - AOS process started

09. 08. 2009 - NOA1

09. 30. 2009 - AP approved

10. 02. 2009 - I485 was forwarded to California, yay!

10. 13. 2009 - biometrics

10. 13. 2009 - EAD production was ordered

01. 04. 2010 - AOS approved

Done till Oct 2011!

11. 11. 2011 - I 751 filed

11. 16. 2011 - NOA1

12. 16. 2011 - Biometrics

04. 16. 2012 - ROC Approved

10. 10. 2012 - N 400 filed

10. 15. 2012 - NOA1

11. 15. 2012 - Biometrics

12. 04. 2012 - In line for the interview

01. 14. 2013 - Interview

01. 25. 2013 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

I think I probably misunderstood my fiance who told about his call to USCIS yesterday. He said our service request was approved, although it was 6 months + 1 day since our NOA1. Hmm.. Will ask again today.

m&m : ) , yes, my fiance has also been told that Vermont is still approving September petitions! Haha. There was no answer from them when he asked why there were January petitions on the noa2 list here.

Hey everyone got some good news to share WE GOT OUR NOA2 KINDA??? :dance: Ok here's the deal, Mike called me last night and told me that there was a letter from immigration at his mum and dads, which is strange because he changed his address with USCIS back in Oct...21st to be precise to his/our new apt, this change of address is also confirmed when we call the USCIS by Mike completing security, and also on the USCIS website it shows the last touch being the 21st of Oct which is the date he called to change the address; therfore they must have the correct address????? Anyway, when he gets to his dads and reads the letter its a letter from the NVC stating they are sending our stuff to the American Embassy in London and to expect packet 3 soon???? Wonderful/#######/HUH??? where the Hell is our NOA2 ????? Ok peeps this is where I need your wonderful help???? I am now really concerned that 1. we havent got the NOA2 and this may sound stupid but will I need this for the interview 2. With the NOA2 don't they send all the original docs back to Mike ie..... petition evidence etc..... I am over the moon , however worried now as to whats happened to our stuff???? Can anyone advise me as to what we should have expected?? M x

Timeline

Hey everyone got some good news to share WE GOT OUR NOA2 KINDA??? :dance: Ok here's the deal, Mike called me last night and told me that there was a letter from immigration at his mum and dads, which is strange because he changed his address with USCIS back in Oct...21st to be precise to his/our new apt, this change of address is also confirmed when we call the USCIS by Mike completing security, and also on the USCIS website it shows the last touch being the 21st of Oct which is the date he called to change the address; therfore they must have the correct address????? Anyway, when he gets to his dads and reads the letter its a letter from the NVC stating they are sending our stuff to the American Embassy in London and to expect packet 3 soon???? Wonderful/#######/HUH??? where the Hell is our NOA2 ????? Ok peeps this is where I need your wonderful help???? I am now really concerned that 1. we havent got the NOA2 and this may sound stupid but will I need this for the interview 2. With the NOA2 don't they send all the original docs back to Mike ie..... petition evidence etc..... I am over the moon , however worried now as to whats happened to our stuff???? Can anyone advise me as to what we should have expected?? M x

Sorry guys if this doesnt make to much sense I have had about 4 hours sleep and in a rush to get out to take my car for it's MOT anyway what it all boils down to is when Mike called and said we had been approved and that he had received the letter of approval I assumed it was the NOA2 ......but it's not it's the letter from the NVC saying it's on its way to London!!!!!!

Lol you're funny! Well first of all congrats..That letter is your NA02 or notice of approval! Woo hoo :dance::dance:

Your petition & all original docs will be sent to NVC & then they will send it to London Embassy. The embassy will send your packet 3 out to you.

I think you should take a look at the UK forum on here. There are threads on there that will give you all the information you need to know.

Don't panic..& CELEBRATE!!

:thumbs::thumbs:

K1

AOS

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

Timeline

Lol you're funny! Well first of all congrats..That letter is your NA02 or notice of approval! Woo hoo :dance::dance:

Your petition & all original docs will be sent to NVC & then they will send it to London Embassy. The embassy will send your packet 3 out to you.

I think you should take a look at the UK forum on here. There are threads on there that will give you all the information you need to know.

:blush: No disrespect to blondes...but I am one maybe that explains it??? Mike seems to think though that the letter was from the NVC??? not the USCIS?? Sorry to be a pain , however I dont think this is the NOA2??? Is there a scan of one on this site, or what do they look like, say.... etc... Thanks for your help once again you're a :star: Monkeyjuice!!!

:blush: No disrespect to blondes...but I am one maybe that explains it??? Mike seems to think though that the letter was from the NVC??? not the USCIS?? Sorry to be a pain , however I dont think this is the NOA2??? Is there a scan of one on this site, or what do they look like, say.... etc... Thanks for your help once again you're a :star: Monkeyjuice!!!

First of all, CONGRATS on your NOA2!!! :thumbs: Major hurdle reached and overcome.

The NOA2 looks very similar to NOA1 with the United States of America header while the letter from NVC is very plain with no special headers or paper insignia. You can find a photo of what NOA2 looks like on VJ header under Gallery, Immigration docs. If you don't get the paper copy of NOA2, make sure you investigate and go back to USCIS as you'll need it for AOS. And call NVC (603) 334-0700 (options #1 then #5) to find out if they've already shipped it to London. Good luck!

Really pleased that another old timer got approved!!! :dance::dance:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Sara,

I Know you have room for this:

Squeezing the Lemon*

*The local bar was confident its bartender was the strongest man

around so

they offered a standing $1,000 bet. The barkeep would squeeze a lemon

until

all the juice ran into a glass, then hand the lemon to a patron.

Anyone who

could squeeze one more drop of juice out would win the money. Many

people

(weight-lifters, longshoremen, etc.) had tried over time, but nobody

could

do it. One day, a scrawny little man came in, wearing thick glasses

and a

polyester suit, and said in a tiny, squeaky voice, "I'd like to try

the

bet." After the laughter had died down, the bartender said okay,

grabbed a

lemon, and squeezed away. He then handed the wrinkled remains of the

rind to

the little man. But the crowd's laughter turned to total silence as

the man

clenched his fist around the lemon and six drops fell into the glass.

As the

crowd cheered, the bartender paid the $1,000 and asked the little man,

"What

do you do for a living? Are you a lumberjack, a weight-lifter, or

what?"

The man replied, "I work for the Internal Revenue Service."

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Sara,

I Know you have room for this:

Squeezing the Lemon*

*The local bar was confident its bartender was the strongest man

around so

they offered a standing $1,000 bet. The barkeep would squeeze a lemon

until

all the juice ran into a glass, then hand the lemon to a patron.

Anyone who

could squeeze one more drop of juice out would win the money. Many

people

(weight-lifters, longshoremen, etc.) had tried over time, but nobody

could

do it. One day, a scrawny little man came in, wearing thick glasses

and a

polyester suit, and said in a tiny, squeaky voice, "I'd like to try

the

bet." After the laughter had died down, the bartender said okay,

grabbed a

lemon, and squeezed away. He then handed the wrinkled remains of the

rind to

the little man. But the crowd's laughter turned to total silence as

the man

clenched his fist around the lemon and six drops fell into the glass.

As the

crowd cheered, the bartender paid the $1,000 and asked the little man,

"What

do you do for a living? Are you a lumberjack, a weight-lifter, or

what?"

The man replied, "I work for the Internal Revenue Service."

omg too funny and very true :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok I kinda get wot you mean. So you received the notification from NVC saying they're forwarding your petiton to London Embassy BUT you haven't received notification that you've been approved?

Hmm, that's a new one! Call USCIS & see what they say. Maybe you'll get your NA02 hard copy in the mail soon. :star:

K1

AOS

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

Here we go again...

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.