natty bumppo

Because they wish they were Filipinas. But since they can't...well...

85 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I read the former topic and I cant help but share my opinion..Every one is special and have their own unique characteristics, Filipinos or Brazilian or Thailander. However, we need to respect people for their own uniqueness, intelligence, loyalty to their country. If Filipinas thinks they are special, I am pretty sure Brazilian or Canadian or Thai's thinks they are special too.

And I also agree that Filipinos are smart and their unusual loyalty to their culture, country and individuality impresses me.

others are too ... yet don't promote it at the expense of others

Yes, and we can always learn from each other to make this world a better place for us to live...i hope most people would realize that..that's what the world needs ever since.. thats what we need...sounds cliche and out from a beauty pageant but true...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hahaha! Asking for reinforcement? And no one would take the bait. Ok, Im outta here too! Poo hoo!

'coz here's her bait...poop_05-29-2003.JPG

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by AllRightsReserved

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
I read the former topic and I cant help but share my opinion..Every one is special and have their own unique characteristics, Filipinos or Brazilian or Thailander. However, we need to respect people for their own uniqueness, intelligence, loyalty to their country. If Filipinas thinks they are special, I am pretty sure Brazilian or Canadian or Thai's thinks they are special too.

And I also agree that Filipinos are smart and their unusual loyalty to their culture, country and individuality impresses me.

Yes, and we can always learn from each other to make this world a better place for us to live...i hope most people would realize that..that's what the world needs ever since.. thats what we need...sounds cliche and out from a beauty pageant but true...

:thumbs:(F)

the big question is .... will people ever learn?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great points you raised there Sheree. I respect that. We have to always keep in mind though that we have to be accountable for the words that we let go especially in a diverse forum as this. Again, no violent reactions would have been generated if people were responsible with their opinions and did not employ harsh and degrading words.

Filipinos are not perfect- WE never will be. But we have values and insights that we put before ourselves. These do not make us evil and these do not make us right all the time. Respect is the key word to all these.

Again- when one says something unhealthy, expect it to come back to you probably double or triple the strength of the blow.

The topic posted by chox does not even have anything to do with Filipinos being racist or rude. It was about the financial crisis that financial institutions here are doing to cope with the world crisis. So what is the deal? Why get to the point of pointing out that the "Philippines can export their women"? The remark was totally out of line and no matter how sleepy and tired I was, I just have to defend my people. Is that too hard to deal with? Maybe it's time we realize that someone pointed a finger and now it backfired.

Bad? We can try it again, and my stand will not change.

Relax people. It's an open discussion. Just let it slide as a responsible and meaningful one.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

for crying out loud can you guys stop what you're doing right now. Moderator please close the topic.

And the answer to that is a BIG H-E-L-L N-O.... you can not make people learn what they chose not to learn. You can only educate them and let them make up their own mind.... that's what's great about being an 'individual', you have the right to agree or disagree...

Natty, I think a better way for you to have got your answer to the question was to PM LastChance, as you were quoting her.. starting a new thread in the Philippine sub-forum and posting a link to the flame war that was demeaing Pinays was not the way to go about it...

Magandang gabi(Good night) Natty, as I think the sun will be rising in TX soon, kinda late ain't it? B)

Lets just kill this thread...

Ingats lagi!!

"No saan nga makaammo nga nangtaliaw ti naggapuanna, Saan a makadanon ti papananna..."

*04/23/10 - GC recieved in the mail!! d( -_-)b
*07/30/12 - ROC Approved!!
*08/08/12 - 10/yr GC received in the mail!!

Timeline
:rofl: AllRightsReserved - Eewww! That's gross!!!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

Timeline
Great points you raised there Sheree. I respect that. We have to always keep in mind though that we have to be accountable for the words that we let go especially in a diverse forum as this. Again, no violent reactions would have been generated if people were responsible with their opinions and did not employ harsh and degrading words.

Filipinos are not perfect- WE never will be. But we have values and insights that we put before ourselves. These do not make us evil and these do not make us right all the time. Respect is the key word to all these.

Again- when one says something unhealthy, expect it to come back to you probably double or triple the strength of the blow.

The topic posted by chox does not even have anything to do with Filipinos being racist or rude. It was about the financial crisis that financial institutions here are doing to cope with the world crisis. So what is the deal? Why get to the point of pointing out that the "Philippines can export their women"? The remark was totally out of line and no matter how sleepy and tired I was, I just have to defend my people. Is that too hard to deal with? Maybe it's time we realize that someone pointed a finger and now it backfired.

Bad? We can try it again, and my stand will not change.

Relax people. It's an open discussion. Just let it slide as a responsible and meaningful one.

good words ...

the original "financial" topic went in may directions ... it was serious ... joking .... and lots of play-on-words. a few comments got a little "out there" ... yet I did not detect any real initial malice ... remember this is in OT where people tease very hard and take both sides of a topic just to have some hopefully ... non-hurtful fun.

If your feelings get hurt ... it can happen to all of us ... sometimes the best method of dealing is to use humor/ sarcasm ... and not get offensive. Remember ... it's easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar.

Timeline

While I agree to that, I still say there are certain issues that are still very sensitive and we just have to respect that.

Edited by HappyDancer

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hope we learn from this...we are taught principles and it is our choice to be governed or not by these principles - we will always be free to choose...learning should not be enforced but it is a choice, except if you are a child below 8 years old...i guess this topic is just another flush in the toilet...forgive and forget everyone? could someone "flush" the topic? :) love you all guys...

Timeline

And the answer to that is a BIG H-E-L-L N-O.... you can not make people learn what they chose not to learn. You can only educate them and let them make up their own mind.... that's what's great about being an 'individual', you have the right to agree or disagree...

Natty, I think a better way for you to have got your answer to the question was to PM LastChance, as you were quoting her.. starting a new thread in the Philippine sub-forum and posting a link to the flame war that was demeaing Pinays was not the way to go about it...

Magandang gabi(Good night) Natty, as I think the sun will be rising in TX soon, kinda late ain't it? B)

Ingats lagi!!

sun rise ... use google and you will know when it is ... :blush:

as to the question ... there were multiple people involved and I brought the question out of OT and into a forum where others who would be seriously interested could join in. If I wanted to be insulting ... I would have posted the tread in OT ... not here to bring the topic off-line.

there was no flame war intended ... why do people keep promoting that statement? wishful thinking?

Timeline
AllRightsReserved - that is just so grossed to post that, that is not right.. It is okay to add humor into this but pictures like this are not just right at all....

that picture made it's appearance in another thread some time ago ... it's old news ...

Timeline

I just lost my apetite. gwwrrrkk... AllRightsReserved you owe me some good lovin' pizza when we meet in the US.

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:

Ingats lagi!!

sun rise ... use google and you will know when it is ... :blush:

as to the question ... there were multiple people involved and I brought the question out of OT and into a forum where others who would be seriously interested could join in. If I wanted to be insulting ... I would have posted the tread in OT ... not here to bring the topic off-line.

there was no flame war intended ... why do people keep promoting that statement? wishful thinking?

No need to use google, I know the sun rises 2/hrs earlier than here in the Northwest.. :yes::blush: Not everyone that post in this forum is posting from the Philippines... ;)

And just because you didn't post it in OT doesn't mean it can't be insulting... and if you really wanted to bring the topic off-line, you would of PM LastChance like I stated earlier as then no one esle would have to see your topic(hence the meaning of off-line)..

Have a good morning Natty B)

"No saan nga makaammo nga nangtaliaw ti naggapuanna, Saan a makadanon ti papananna..."

*04/23/10 - GC recieved in the mail!! d( -_-)b
*07/30/12 - ROC Approved!!
*08/08/12 - 10/yr GC received in the mail!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.