Sofiyya

Embarrassing pro-Obama Media bias exposed!

68 posts in this topic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If all college graduates blindly follows the news analytical opinions about the candidates, then, the world is fit for McCain because they have no idea what the world has come to.

I only listen to the news on current events, not their "journalism expert analysis." I rather hear a broker giving me their analysis on the market instead of CNN/FOX/etc journalists giving their opinions. This also applies to the political race.

I do wonder on what basis voting decisions are made on when politicians (at least on the GOP side) have made it a long-standing issue to rubbish both the media and higher education.

I have my own suspicions about why that is - but likely it would offend a few people.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I voted yesterday. I'm feeling so good about it that I can't stop smiling. Nothing bothers me now. :D

i have already voted 3 times and got one more place to vote..i feel so good about it/.

also, my dogs got a ballot..and my donkeu....

That's my brother right there!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Good job Brother Dean! :dance:

You know what they say...

Vote Early, and...

Vote Often!!! :D

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I don't identify with any mass news media - well, NPR, does that count? I was always a Radio 4 girl at home - some consider that liberal I guess. I mostly listened to the comedies though - yes, I can see why that would be a worry :lol:

NPR ... you need a time-out :bonk:

I (L) NPR

I voted yesterday. I'm feeling so good about it that I can't stop smiling. Nothing bothers me now. :D

You know, even though we clearly don't agree on politics, VW, I think this comment of yours is one thing that makes me truly proud to be American. You voted and you were informed on the issues and you had the opportunity to cast your vote based on your beliefs. AND...that makes you feel good because of those things.

I know there are some seriously extreme camps here on VJ (and in America) and you and I don't happen to agree on, well, pretty much anything, except maybe abortion, but the fact that we live in a country which allows us the chance to have some small say in who runs our country is pretty great to me.

Of course, that means all the idiots who just pick a name on a ballot because it looks good (or the person does) also get that chance, but you can't take the right away from them without taking it away from those who do care and do follow the issues.

I am done being non-partisan and all squnchy and happy now.

Moment over.

ETA: b/c in my squnchiness I can't form complete sentences. Or spell.

Edited by jundp

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

As usual, VW, I can't tell what you're on about.

I've often read your comments about people not being intelligent enough to know where to go to look for information.

Would you have us believe now that there IS no intelligent information out there?

I think there are 'secret' sources of intelligent information that only VW and the rest of the 1% are privvy too - it's likely from her education and expertise that she's writes some of these herself.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

If you listen to Fox and to CNN you will find that Fox is far more biased than CNN. I listen to them both in about equal proportions daily on Sirius.

In the Palin interview the CNN reporter asked her directly whether she thought Biden was getting a free pass. That's the part you don't see in this biased clip. It was a balanced, non confrontational interview. They don't ambush people like Mr. O'Reilly and Mr. Cavuto. Dobbs is another story though.

I'll agree about Sanchez though. He lets his political leanings show. If I hear him plug twitter.com one more time........

CNN doesn't stand for Communist News Network either. It's Commercial News Network. I would wager they run 1/3 more commercials than Fox does, especially during Larry King and Anderson Cooper.

Seriously Fox news is like those tabloids about alien babies and Elvis spottings by the checkout of a cheap grocer.

Fluff and sensationalism.

NPR rocks. :thumbs:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

"squnchiness"

A great new word

with tons of applications!

:star: :star: :star:

Nicely done Jundp.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If you listen to Fox and to CNN you will find that Fox is far more biased than CNN. I listen to them both in about equal proportions daily on Sirius.

In the Palin interview the CNN reporter asked her directly whether she thought Biden was getting a free pass. That's the part you don't see in this biased clip. It was a balanced, non confrontational interview. They don't ambush people like Mr. O'Reilly and Mr. Cavuto. Dobbs is another story though.

I'll agree about Sanchez though. He lets his political leanings show. If I hear him plug twitter.com one more time........

CNN doesn't stand for Communist News Network either. It's Commercial News Network. I would wager they run 1/3 more commercials than Fox does, especially during Larry King and Anderson Cooper.

Seriously Fox news is like those tabloids about alien babies and Elvis spottings by the checkout of a cheap grocer.

Fluff and sensationalism.

NPR rocks. :thumbs:

I do like NPR - they carry stories that none of the other major networks do.

Pretty much all of the corporate news networks are of a muchness - sensationalism and fluff, as you say, as well as blurring the boundary between commentary and traditional news reporting (Brit Hume's Special Report and The Fox Report are the examples that jump out to me - but its a model that seems to be followed by almost all of the major networks).

I can't stand any of the commentators - like O'Reilly or Dobbs, they spend half of their shows affecting outrage and the other half plugging whatever book they have coming out.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
"squnchiness"

A great new word

:star::star::star:

Nicely done Jundp.

The Word Bird at Work Again. :yes:

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
"squnchiness"

A great new word

:star: :star: :star:

Nicely done Jundp.

Thank you, Spirit. I use my job as a valid excuse to make up words, or use old-timey words, such as "Behoove" and "thusly." It's great fun.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Dan Rather commenting on Joe Biden's latest and most serious gaffe and how it has been predictably underplayed.

In that video I observe a serious news journalist, Dan Rather, agreeing with the host that there is most certainly a media bias. In regards to the topic at hand in the interview I have yet to see a journalist say Biden was on the mark with his comment and Biden can say that kind of thing because of his level of experience. He is a seasoned leader. In Political Science it's proven that unseasoned leaders are tested more than seasoned ones. Biden is right. The idea that Biden should be grilled harder on that because if Sarah Palin said it she would be lampooned. Considering that she is an unseasoned leader of course she would be tested on it. She and Obama are the juniors here and they're going to get it for another two weeks at least and no matter which party wins those two are still going to be tested well into their terms.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
More of the same. In this clip, a National Review article favorable to Palin, is represented as negative to her.

The CNN reporter, Griffen, did something unethical here and that was misquote the article. I find it unbelievable that he doesn't know who wrote the article he took it from. It's my belief that he took that quote out of its original context to rattle Palin which is a dirty low blow. Even on the O'Reilly Factor talking points of 10/21/08 he calls Griffen out on it. This is a serious matter and CNN needs to issue an apology for it. On that I agree with O'Reilly.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Of the big networks, FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CW it's well known that FOX's niche is conservative media. It's just easier to do. MSNBC has been trying to go for the liberal niche which is much more difficult to do but they've come up with their own answer with Keith Olbermann. CNN is in hot water lately because their ratings are slipping. People aren't as interested in the just straight hard line news that they run. They know that people are just tuning into them if something big happens and they want to get the news quickly so there is this debate going on that they trying to look for a niche to gain a wider audience. It's difficult to be unbaised in news because reporters are human beings as well. In the class room it's easy to discuss straight ethics and know what is what but when you're a reporter embedded for a month with a military unit you get to know people better and it's more difficult to remain aloof. Edward R. Murrow really loved the men he did War reporting with. Other media such as print journalism with The Washington Post, The New York Times, The LA Times are also said to have bais. No media branch is completely unbais and I've heard long debates on both sides for what is better. To have a bais or not to have a bais.

I also appreciate other news sources such as the BBC and NPR.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Surely there is merit in declaring your bias rather than pretending that you don't have one. I do think that the reporting and opinion is far more mixed up here in the US than the news I'm used to, but I would prefer that commentators wear their bias on their sleeve than try to pretend that everything they say or write is 'Fair and Balanced' when it is clearly not.

The UK Wiki

Timeline

Sure there is if you have a radio talk show or news column show on TV like Bill O'Reilly or Keith Olbermann. However, when it comes to serious news reporting from the major networks it seems popular opinion is they want the reporters to remain unbiased even if the agenda of the networks is commonly known as biased. There is big money in networks for going towards niches.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png