Sofiyya

Embarrassing pro-Obama Media bias exposed!

68 posts in this topic

I don't think bandwidth is a problem, but you can always ask the site owner, Captain Ewok if you do have specific concerns regarding such matters.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I'm sorry to ask this, but is there any way we could not discuss presidential politics or politics at all that do not relate to the specific process of getting Visas for our loved ones?

I just think that we all have one goal here, a common goal, and in sorts, we are a type of virtual community that needs to be supportive of one another. I am all for discussions of politics with lots of very different perspectives represented, but I think they need to be built on trusting, open, caring relationships that we can't really form in such a forum that is virtual, short-term, transitory...etc...I really think that talking about the slant of the media, or our political views can only be divisive for us, since we don't really have the ability to have those sincerely open and trusting relationships we need to be able to get past some of our differences and look for common ground.

I know that there are hundreds, thousands even of explicitly political fora that would be great for sharing your views about politics, but here doesn't really seem like the place. Am I alone?

Clearly we are uniquely positioned to be advocates for our loved ones and may have strong views on immigration, US State Dept. bureaucracy, specific regional issues (like the Middle East, since I see you went through Casa too)...which might be appropriate to discuss, but just blanket statements about the media bias or supporting one candidate over another doesn't seem useful here. I hope that others might agree with me.

Also, such posts take away space on the central pages for those who have legitimate questions and concerns about the visa process. Perhaps they should have the priority right now.

Thanks, I hope that we can agree on this.

Er, no. Out of all the political threads on this board, you chose mine to make this appeal?

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
I'm sorry to ask this, but is there any way we could not discuss presidential politics or politics at all that do not relate to the specific process of getting Visas for our loved ones?

I just think that we all have one goal here, a common goal, and in sorts, we are a type of virtual community that needs to be supportive of one another. I am all for discussions of politics with lots of very different perspectives represented, but I think they need to be built on trusting, open, caring relationships that we can't really form in such a forum that is virtual, short-term, transitory...etc...I really think that talking about the slant of the media, or our political views can only be divisive for us, since we don't really have the ability to have those sincerely open and trusting relationships we need to be able to get past some of our differences and look for common ground.

I know that there are hundreds, thousands even of explicitly political fora that would be great for sharing your views about politics, but here doesn't really seem like the place. Am I alone?

Clearly we are uniquely positioned to be advocates for our loved ones and may have strong views on immigration, US State Dept. bureaucracy, specific regional issues (like the Middle East, since I see you went through Casa too)...which might be appropriate to discuss, but just blanket statements about the media bias or supporting one candidate over another doesn't seem useful here. I hope that others might agree with me.

Also, such posts take away space on the central pages for those who have legitimate questions and concerns about the visa process. Perhaps they should have the priority right now.

Er, no. Out of all the political threads on this board, you chose mine to make this appeal?

of course ... this thread is different

why should the poster comment multitude of .... Palin/ McCain/ Illegal (brown people)/ pro-gun control/ "I didn't get my stimulus check for my new K-1 visa"/ how deep do you wipe/ free cookie/ etc. threads

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Yes, it's all your fault, obviously.

I believe that may be a liberal bias, PH.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

I don't identify with any mass news media - well, NPR, does that count? I was always a Radio 4 girl at home - some consider that liberal I guess. I mostly listened to the comedies though - yes, I can see why that would be a worry :lol:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't identify with any mass news media - well, NPR, does that count? I was always a Radio 4 girl at home - some consider that liberal I guess. I mostly listened to the comedies though - yes, I can see why that would be a worry :lol:

NPR ... you need a time-out :bonk:

Now you say the media is biased and they say, Yea. So what?

The saddest thing is that so many readers are ok with it, and also ok with the sensationalism and focus on celebrities as news.

I hear you. Its like watching "This Week..." on ABC. You know EXACTLY who is on the left, who is on the right, who is REP and who is DEM. It is sad that they don't know how to separate themselves from their job and their beliefs.

Like you said, they seem to proud of it these days, because that's what gets them the "numbers".

You mean like government (politics/business) and religion (some fanatical christian one)?

Hmmmm....

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

If you listen to Fox and to CNN you will find that Fox is far more biased than CNN. I listen to them both in about equal proportions daily on Sirius.

In the Palin interview the CNN reporter asked her directly whether she thought Biden was getting a free pass. That's the part you don't see in this biased clip. It was a balanced, non confrontational interview. They don't ambush people like Mr. O'Reilly and Mr. Cavuto. Dobbs is another story though.

I'll agree about Sanchez though. He lets his political leanings show. If I hear him plug twitter.com one more time........

CNN doesn't stand for Communist News Network either. It's Commercial News Network. I would wager they run 1/3 more commercials than Fox does, especially during Larry King and Anderson Cooper.

Edited by Joe Six-Pack

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

O.K., I'll stop....bwaaaahaa haa haa. :rofl:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

If all college graduates blindly follows the news analytical opinions about the candidates, then, the world is fit for McCain because they have no idea what the world has come to.

I only listen to the news on current events, not their "journalism expert analysis." I rather hear a broker giving me their analysis on the market instead of CNN/FOX/etc journalists giving their opinions. This also applies to the political race.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

I voted yesterday. I'm feeling so good about it that I can't stop smiling. Nothing bothers me now. :D

i have already voted 3 times and got one more place to vote..i feel so good about it/.

also, my dogs got a ballot..and my donkeu....

Edited by almaty

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835